Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks nice. I like the fire bit.

Yup the attachable fire, I predicted that!:yess:

Other then the obvious new Downey sculpt I bet the other extras will be something like a Cave opening diorama of some sort and possibly some light up translucent sculpted flames that when attached to his arms can light up by an led, something similar to what they done with Ghostrider.

..but there should be two of them!:slap

399675_10150468678397344_58690437343_8890254_1572782818_n.jpg

395170_10150468679072344_58690437343_8890259_1432535322_n.jpg

390093_10150468676652344_58690437343_8890239_609412945_n.jpg

nice, i really like the EX...now waiting for the price, and maybe i'm getting this....
but still, a plastic fire? it's not R*voltech, man....

That likeness is unbelievable! And the holographic accessory... awesome. If I was enough of an IM fan to collect this line, I'd be all over this in a heartbeat.

It has several small improvements over version 1 but not a big enough upgrade to warrant a purchase IMO. I wonder if the new Tony Sculpt would work in v1?

I retailed the original way back when and regretted not keeping one for myself. I wont make that same mistake twice. The Mark 1 was the figure that made me stand up and take notice of Hot Toys.

The hair bang on the V1 is more accurate, plus this one dont look like Downey IMO :panic:

Looks like this one will not come with the standard black base with the "mark I" printed on it. Still deciding whether I'm gonna pick this up or not:panic:

I think I'm happy with the original. I like the better sculpt on this new one, but that's about it. I'd never use the plastic fire attachment thing either.

If this New 2.0 version costs upwards of $220, then I'm glad I was able to get the first one for about $180. I even made a custom base for mine that looks half decent when compared to the one for the 2.0.

But congrats to those who can finally have a mark 1.

Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0) Limited Edition Collectible Figurine Specification

~ MMS Series ~
The 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0) Limited Edition Collectible Figurine specially features:
-Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Mark I, featuring the likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark in the Iron Man movie
-Approximately 12 inches / 30 cm tall
-Over 36 points of articulations
-Steel-like painting armor
-Movie-accurate Tony Stark costume
-TrueType figure body inside Mark I armor (Mark I armor and figure body are inseparate)
-Helmeted head with raising face-plate revealing the face of Tony Stark
-Special features on armor:
-Light-up (white light) micro ARC reactor and light-up (red light) button on left forearm (battery operated)
-Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
-One (1) pair of relaxed palms
-One (1) pair of fists

Weapons:
-Flamethrower implanted in wrist with extra flame-effected part
-Working forearm missile launcher

Accessories:
-Figure base featuring the scraps of weapons and stones from the Cave
-Figure stand with Mark I nameplate and movie logo
Special Edition:
-One (1) Holographic Mark I collectible (approximately 3 inches tall)
(This special edition is for selected markets only.)

Artists:
-Head Sculpted by KOJUN
-Armor Painted by Lalla
-Head Painted by JC.HONG
-Paint Art Directed by JC.HONG
**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells (a total of 3 pieces) are required
Release date: Q3, 2012
TM & © 2012 Marvel & Subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back