1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 : Disco Mark XXVII (Toy Fair)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First picture out of the box :
b646befc96822f57825c4d4125a1fff0.jpg

So beautiful.

I can't wait for this so I can add a nice splash of color to my house party collection. I love the scheme.

Also.. This makes me want them to take another stab at centurion. Since they updated the crotch piece for this, I'd like a blue steel with an updated crotch, then give us a centurion 2.0 with a better more accurate paint job. I doubt that'll happen, but I'm allowed to dream.

Got my 14 day email from sideshow. I'm so excited!

You should be bro! Being that I bought it when it was released in HK, it's actually incredible how much better the articulation is with the new Mk. VII waist. The hard plastic feels much better than the old (and unfortunately used on the Mk. VII SZ) soft plastic Mk. VII panties, lol. And of course the leg articulation benefits come from the flaps that they've been using much more the past few years.

And of course there's those colors, painted so perfectly and looking so different than any other paint scheme (well I do think the Mk. XXVIII Jack will be kinda similar, if you know what I'm saying). Anyways, glad you're stoked and hope you'll love it.

Yay:

Attachments

• IMG_2073.jpg
    IMG_2073.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 197
You should be bro! Being that I bought it when it was released in HK, it's actually incredible how much better the articulation is with the new Mk. VII waist. The hard plastic feels much better than the old (and unfortunately used on the Mk. VII SZ) soft plastic Mk. VII panties, lol. And of course the leg articulation benefits come from the flaps that they've been using much more the past few years.

And of course there's those colors, painted so perfectly and looking so different than any other paint scheme (well I do think the Mk. XXVIII Jack will be kinda similar, if you know what I'm saying). Anyways, glad you're stoked and hope you'll love it.

Yay:

I'm jealous. I can't wait, disco and ultron should arrive back to back.

I'm surprised they didn't use the new waist for the 2016 Midas armor. Oh well.

Do the legs extend with the new waist?

Question for anyone who has this in hand already. Is this a true, straight re-paint? Meaning, is the head a War Machine head and neck with it's specific sized hole in the helmet? Most Iron Man heads can be swapped among the IM armors. They have the same peg size. War Machine has it's own size and can't be swapped with anything other than Hot Rod, War Machine Mk II and Iron Patriot. Anyone popped the head off and looked?
Thanks.
Ryan

Question for anyone who has this in hand already. Is this a true, straight re-paint? Meaning, is the head a War Machine head and neck with it's specific sized hole in the helmet? Most Iron Man heads can be swapped among the IM armors. They have the same peg size. War Machine has it's own size and can't be swapped with anything other than Hot Rod, War Machine Mk II and Iron Patriot. Anyone popped the head off and looked?
Thanks.
Ryan

well the head is definitely a straight repaint of WM Mk. II/Hot Rod/IP but they use a Mk. VII neck AND neck peg. When you get yours, look inside the bottom of the helmet and you will see a ring around the hole so it can fit on the Mk. VII (and most other) armors.

hope that helps!

This is slightly off topic, but is there a way to change and heads/helmet easily? I always have issues e.g. swapping helmet for Silver Centurion. It's easy to remove, but hard to put the new one on. It requires a bit of force by holding onto the body, and I have damaged my Shotgun and Stormtrooper that way (parts fell off).

This is slightly off topic, but is there a way to change and heads/helmet easily? I always have issues e.g. swapping helmet for Silver Centurion. It's easy to remove, but hard to put the new one on. It requires a bit of force by holding onto the body, and I have damaged my Shotgun and Stormtrooper that way (parts fell off).

I slightly didn't want to even answer this question but since it does relate to IM I'll help out bro but just quick... some ball joints are different sizes and most of the time the helmet has the right size hole. Other times, maybe a production change, can force companies like HT to use basically a curved o-ring inside that hole.

If you see there is a ring inside of the bottom of any helmet or head, you must make sure that you're using the correct sized peg.

I slightly didn't want to even answer this question but since it does relate to IM I'll help out bro but just quick... some ball joints are different sizes and most of the time the helmet has the right size hole. Other times, maybe a production change, can force companies like HT to use basically a curved o-ring inside that hole.

If you see there is a ring inside of the bottom of any helmet or head, you must make sure that you're using the correct sized peg.

Thanks, I'll PM you if that's ok

Yes the legs do extend but not as far as say the Shotgun Mk. XV

Better than nothing like the previous 7's lack of extension.

I hope preorders go up for jack, blue steel, and shades soon.

Anyways, I love all of the mix and match armors. Mark 14, piston, blue steel, jack, Casanova.. I want all of them. But I'd also like to see hammerhead and night club soon as well.

It shouldn't be too difficult for them to spit out the rest, it's the time that it's going to taken them to do so that sucks.

If only deadpool wasn't delayed.. I'd have this, ultron mk 1, and deadpool coming back to back. Oh well.

Now I'm going to figure out how I'm going to configure my coffee table setup. (I display newer figures, or just ones that I like at the time on my coffee table, but it needs to be somewhat symmetrical and needs to make a little sense in my head lol)

I think I'm going to have the 45 in a hovering pose in the middle with ultron in front.. Then on one side I'll have disco and hot rod, and on the other ill have Midas and tank. We'll see though.

Back