1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 : Disco Mark XXVII (Toy Fair)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SDCC-2016-Hot-Toys-Marvel-Iron-Man-002.jpg

Passed on Sub Zero, but will be getting this. Will stand out when on display .

Good thing HT put a price on the plaque, instead of the 'TBD'. Sideshow couldn't tack on the usual $20-30 bucks to the price heh.

I want this now! Lol.

At least the wait for this won't be as long as it was/is for the 45, 46, and 6.

Passed on Sub Zero, but will be getting this. Will stand out when on display .

Good thing HT put a price on the plaque, instead of the 'TBD'. Sideshow couldn't tack on the usual $20-30 bucks to the price heh.

I was confused for second when i read that. I was like "what did i do?":lol

Mine will be here next week along with Knightmare Bats! Bats and Stark, doesn't get much better!

Awesome!!

I wonder when sideshow will get it in.

I'll probably pick up knightmare batman if it's still available after it becomes in stock.

I think I may pick up the joker batman as well.. I think that and knightmare would look neat displayed together. And on another note, I really like the PAK rogues gallery batman figures.

Has anyone received their Disco yet? After watching this review, I can't help but agree there's nothing special to it other than the colour scheme.

I'm leaning to cancelling my order but would love to see some in hand pics

Has anyone received their Disco yet? After watching this review, I can't help but agree there's nothing special to it other than the colour scheme.

I'm leaning to cancelling my order but would love to see some in hand pics

I collect all the Mks. and variants (only missing Mk. III GMG) and it's definitely not something we've never seen before. Clip does great reviews but he admittedly isn't the demographic that this figure was released for keeping only 1-2 IM figures in his collection. If I were to review the Mk. XXVII Disco I'd talk about how even though it's a kitbash from other armors (Shotgun, Mk. VII & Hot Rod/Iron Patriot head) there are great qualities about this figure. The metallic orange and blue have an excellent contrast, HT does their usual, fabulous minor weathering to make the figure look like it's been worn. I'd say things about how great the new solid plastic Mk. VII panties work with having some nice flaps to enable better leg articulation and reduce the chance of fade. I'd point out that the kitbashed parts do work nicely together with the Mk. VII STANDARD chest with thruster flaps, how seamless the chest connects with the Shotgun midsection and arms with the great elbow extension point and the inclusion of Shotgun boots with the awesome extending ball joint ankles. I definitely would say this isn't for a "casual" IM fan and that demand will probably never be high so you probably need not even preorder this. But I love IM everything so this was a welcome addition! Hope that helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 289
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 289
I seriously cannot wait for this thing. The color is beautiful, and I LOVE the different parts used for this armor and I really love the new Mark VII crotch section. I wish they had developed it prior to the 9 and python getting released.

Some people are sick of hot toys iron man figures, but I love them and am all in on the house party figures.. Plus, it seems like they keep getting better and better. More realistic paint jobs, better articulation, improved features.. I can't get enough.

I seriously cannot wait for this thing. The color is beautiful, and I LOVE the different parts used for this armor and I really love the new Mark VII crotch section. I wish they had developed it prior to the 9 and python getting released.

Some people are sick of hot toys iron man figures, but I love them and am all in on the house party figures.. Plus, it seems like they keep getting better and better. More realistic paint jobs, better articulation, improved features.. I can't get enough.

Feel the same way, I love them all! The only bummer on this one, which I'm fearing might be on the Diecast Mk. VI, is the non-pull out shoulders. Remember how on the proto pictures for the Diecast Mk. III it looked like it had the awesome pull out, swiveling shoulder sockets but they were fakes? If Disco had those shoulder sockets or barrels, it would probably be the best engineered plastic release (so far).

And regarding the crotch section, it really is too bad they were using rubbery plastic still on the Python and even new Midas but Mk. IX uses Heartbreaker/Tank crotch. Disco definitely has an updated hard plastic crotch that will be so awesome for the 5 (Mk. XII, XIII, XXIX, XXXII & XXXIV) other HPP armors that use Mk. VII crotch.

I collect all the Mks. and variants (only missing Mk. III GMG) and it's definitely not something we've never seen before. Clip does great reviews but he admittedly isn't the demographic that this figure was released for keeping only 1-2 IM figures in his collection. If I were to review the Mk. XXVII Disco I'd talk about how even though it's a kitbash from other armors (Shotgun, Mk. VII & Hot Rod/Iron Patriot head) there are great qualities about this figure. The metallic orange and blue have an excellent contrast, HT does their usual, fabulous minor weathering to make the figure look like it's been worn. I'd say things about how great the new solid plastic Mk. VII panties work with having some nice flaps to enable better leg articulation and reduce the chance of fade. I'd point out that the kitbashed parts do work nicely together with the Mk. VII STANDARD chest with thruster flaps, how seamless the chest connects with the Shotgun midsection and arms with the great elbow extension point and the inclusion of Shotgun boots with the awesome extending ball joint ankles. I definitely would say this isn't for a "casual" IM fan and that demand will probably never be high so you probably need not even preorder this. But I love IM everything so this was a welcome addition! Hope that helps.
Thanks!
Exactly what I wanted to hear, can't wait to see more pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel the same way, I love them all! The only bummer on this one, which I'm fearing might be on the Diecast Mk. VI, is the non-pull out shoulders. Remember how on the proto pictures for the Diecast Mk. III it looked like it had the awesome pull out, swiveling shoulder sockets but they were fakes? If Disco had those shoulder sockets or barrels, it would probably be the best engineered plastic release (so far).

And regarding the crotch section, it really is too bad they were using rubbery plastic still on the Python and even new Midas but Mk. IX uses Heartbreaker/Tank crotch. Disco definitely has an updated hard plastic crotch that will be so awesome for the 5 (Mk. XII, XIII, XXIX, XXXII & XXXIV) other HPP armors that use Mk. VII crotch.

Well, considering their most recent diecast release (the 45) has pull out shoulders.. I wouldn't be too worried.

And I'm sure when we get a diecast Mark 7 it'll be much improved compared to the original.

Lastly I don't think I've ever really utilized the pull out shoulders.

anyone have any idea when sideshow will be getting this? i know they say september/october.. but has it been narrowed down at all?

i love the color of this armor and the parts used for it.

I really hope this starts shipping soon.

I think it's going to be one of my four favorite house party armors.

In no particular order.. Disco, hot rod, starboost, and Midas.

Tank and peacemaker get honorable mentions. And once sneaky comes out, it's going to be too difficult to pick a top four.

Back