1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 : Disco Mark XXVII (Toy Fair)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another cool, but oddly colored armor. Glad to own this piece. Anyone else have a slightly sticky feel to the armor/paint? It may just be the plastic mine was housed in, but to my knowledge, I've never had a paint job that feels like this. No paint is coming off and everything feels dry. I just wonder what the sticky sensation is.

UPDATE: The finish on mine is either improperly applied or something else - I notice around the neck area that it feels more like sticky tape. It still has a similar "tackiness" on plastic areas of the armor - seems to be the blue color more than the orange.

Anyone else having this issue?

UPDATE: The finish on mine is either improperly applied or something else - I notice around the neck area that it feels more like sticky tape. It still has a similar "tackiness" on plastic areas of the armor - seems to be the blue color more than the orange.

Anyone else having this issue?

Nah, mine is all satin smooth.

Did you contact sideshow about it?

So i got notification that my final payment is due next Tuesday from Sideshow Collectibles. Been trying to call all afternoon to postpone payment for Friday as I get paid next Friday. No answer for the past 2.5 hours. I called again and they've put me on hold for 20 minutes. Still waiting.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Nah, mine is all satin smooth.

Did you contact sideshow about it?

No, I haven't yet. I was just trying to determine if this was normal or not for this figure and if others were having a similar problem. I may return it for another if this is not typical for the Disco armor.

So i got notification that my final payment is due next Tuesday from Sideshow Collectibles. Been trying to call all afternoon to postpone payment for Friday as I get paid next Friday. No answer for the past 2.5 hours. I called again and they've put me on hold for 20 minutes. Still waiting.

Keep calling them. The wait is usually not all that long. The other option is their online chat feature. Dial the operator there if you are unable to get a live person - eventually someone will answer.

Keep calling them. The wait is usually not all that long. The other option is their online chat feature. Dial the operator there if you are unable to get a live person - eventually someone will answer.
Yeah...took em 22 minutes for them to answer while i was on hold. Their livechat thing doesn't seem to work on tablets

You can postpone for a month on the site (newer feature) when you view your orders. That buys you time. Then just email them and tell them what you want and when and they can change it and you don't have to wait on the phone

I have a theory of why this might have the new lower torso section with the flaps. It's because this particular paint work causes "rubbery areas/soft plastic" to have a sticky finish. I received my replacement piece for the Disco armor and the neck area in the front as well as the repulsor blast hands have this issue. The paint is also coming off of the front of the neck piece - it's here this feels especially tacky to the touch. It's better than the first version I had, so I'm settling for this. All of you with this figure may want to keep an eye out on these rubbery parts, as they seem more prone to the paint issue I just mentioned.

So, either this satin coat over the existing color is causing this or it could be the metallic paints. I noticed the figure overall feels "sticky" when handled anyway. No other armors I own feel like this to the touch.

Finally picked my Disco. Thumb on the articulated left hand seems kinda loose. But whatever...keeping it as is...box is pretty heavy for a non-diecast figure.

Got mine too, just need Sneaky to have the full opening lineup. Disco is showing "almost sold out" on SSC in case anyone has been waiting to order

1AtRUHO.png

Back