Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would it have that metallic look that the iv has?

Would this be good?
https://cgi.ebay.com/MR-HOBBY-GUNZE...824?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5a86bd98

You can achieve that metallic look but I have no experience with that brand of paint.

I would suggest this stuff. Its good quality and has a nice finish. However, it'll be impossible to tell if it'll match the factory paint until you test it out.

Would it be possible for you to post a picture of the damaged area?

My Mark IV came today and I got to say HT is really starting to spoil me :D
Every new figure I get seems to become my new favorite in the collection and seems to one up those from the past.
If my next one can top this, I will be amazed. What a fantastic figure.

I do have one issue however, there seems to be some scratches on....J/K :nana:

I posted this over in the VI thread.

Interesting comparison between the Mark IV and Mark VI.

168932_1745392229170_1069683684_1921928_3068379_n.jpg

167353_1746339372848_1069683684_1923528_5979618_n.jpg

The silver/grey biceps just look odd to me, like they just don't belong and it was forced into the design just to make another Mark.

Overall still a WIN but not a reason to own both.

What the ____ do I know anyways :dunno

:lol

In stock at Alterego right now. Better pick it up now before it's gone....ffffffffooooorrrrrrrreeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrr.

Batty,
What is SSC having you do?
Are they sending you a small pre-paid padded envelope or small box to package the helmet in?

Also, I'm assuming they're not having you ship the entire figure but just the helmet...right?

I'm just curious as I've never worked with them before but knowing how a vendor addresses issues like this is something I always keep in mind when making a purchase.

Thanks.

I still haven't heard back for customer service yet. I'll let you know what happens.

I used super glue on the tip of a tooth pick. Tried my best to be neat but oh well.

I tried removing it with nail polish remover, but I think I only accomplished smearing it around. Either that or it was breaking down some kind or clear coat, so I left it as it is. It's really not that noticeable and the regular plates are mint so it's not a huge deal.

I'll take a picture of what I'm talking about later.

P1120980.jpg

Of course you can see the glue, but also notice how that whole plate is sitting. That's the tightest I can get it to fit.

Not sure how the physics for this pose works without the hands open... Maybe he's landing... or jumping? :dunno

P1120987.jpg

P1120992.jpg

P1120994.jpg

Again, you can see that I can't get that plate down tight. :gah:

Not sure how the physics for this pose works without the hands open...

The hand repulsers are technically just flight "stabilizers."

Iron Man can fly and use his hands at the same time for things like shooting or say snatching up Pepper Pots before a Hammer drone blows up.

Back