Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got mine today :pray: awesome figure, very light only two things bug me and they are:

paint was kind of chipped in some areas and the left hand piece popped off when i took him out and it wont go back on :(:gah:

From BBTS website:

"Defective items: If you receive an item that has a manufacturer's defect we are happy to ship a replacement. Please contact us within 30 days of receiving your order. BBTs will cover all shipping fees to and from our warehouse on defective items. Defective items may only be exchanged for the same item. Please note that this return policy applies only to shipped items you have received."

This is just another reason why BBTS is my go-to store for my figures.

My go to dealers are VP and BBTS. Once I had a missing red dot for my GSG9 Jack Bauer KO figure and they sent a replacement at no expense. The pile-o-loot is a huge pplus, oh and the no cancelation fees.

I just tried my IIIBD and IV and the flares go in and out fine. while you push it in it turns slightly and ones its retracted you turn it further. the opposing flares turn opposite ways just to make things difficult.

got mine today :pray: awesome figure, very light only two things bug me and they are:

paint was kind of chipped in some areas and the left hand piece popped off when i took him out and it wont go back on :(:gah:

Was there silver showing under the chips? If so then it should tell you it's suppose to be like that, or else you would be seeing plastic instead.

We should have a sticky for people that have paint chips. It would just say "IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE THERE!!!"

Was there silver showing under the chips? If so then it should tell you it's suppose to be like that, or else you would be seeing plastic instead.

its right above his wrist and i believe its red?? i will have to look again

Since you're quoting me, I was been condescending with a hint of subtle sarcasm.

I didn't think you were being condescending or sarcastic at all - I thought you offered a very reasonable and patient response to a question that sounds like the exact same question that's been posed on this thread ten gazillion times.

In posing that question Tommy was either being comical or outrageously slow on the uptake ;)

I used super glue on the tip of a tooth pick. Tried my best to be neat but oh well.

I tried removing it with nail polish remover, but I think I only accomplished smearing it around. Either that or it was breaking down some kind or clear coat, so I left it as it is. It's really not that noticeable and the regular plates are mint so it's not a huge deal.

I'll take a picture of what I'm talking about later.

Ho yes, I see... The nail polish remover shouldn't be used on painted surfaces, under penalty of any damage, because it contains acetone. Acetone softens the Superglue and thus enables easy removal, but only on unpainted surfaces. :panic:

You should have waited drying in depth of Superglue, and once completely dry, you'd have been able to remove it gently with a Micro-Chisel, then apply polish and neither seen nor known. :wink1:
But you can catch back the blow by repainting entirely the part with an airbrush....
Many efforts for not much, I know. :huh

I didn't think you were being condescending or sarcastic at all - I thought you offered a very reasonable and patient response to a question that sounds like the exact same question that's been posed on this thread ten gazillion times.

In posing that question Tommy was either being comical or outrageously slow on the uptake ;)

lol i know its been in the earlier threads:slap but I'm too lazy to go back and look:( i just wanted to ask around soo that i could fix it or whatever................excuse my slowness

The one on the left. Comes with the remover.

Gorilla+Glues.jpg

You should have asked. If that was just pure acetone it'll damage it like what you've started to encounter. Acetone free is a lot safer but it's also known to effect plastics but acetone will eat through both the paint and plastic dependent how much was used or left too long.

Yea, I'm totaly agreed :exactly:

Well, I guess I was trying to be both. So many have said this that I just wanted to scream. But I just couldn't bring myself to be mean. But inside I was been a little sarcastic, lol.

Well, I guess I was trying to be both. So many have said this that I just wanted to scream. But I just couldn't bring myself to be mean. But inside I was been a little sarcastic, lol.

well thank you for not blowing up at me:hi5:

Paint peel (or chipping) for the light-up neck adapter do occur and the undercoat (under the red outer paint) is silver. Silver on the neck adapter represents outer paint defect. The silver on red elsewhere are applied "decals" (or HT's application technique)... I've 3 Mk. 4, the "scratch marks patterns" are generally within the area, but varies on all my 3 figures in positions/absent/varing degree clarity of the markings, each figure is unique in that sense.

Ho yes, I see... The nail polish remover shouldn't be used on painted surfaces, under penalty of any damage, because it contains acetone. Acetone softens the Superglue and thus enables easy removal, but only on unpainted surfaces. :panic:

You should have waited drying in depth of Superglue, and once completely dry, you'd have been able to remove it gently with a Micro-Chisel, then apply polish and neither seen nor known. :wink1:
But you can catch back the blow by repainting entirely the part with an airbrush....
Many efforts for not much, I know. :huh

Nah, not worth the trouble. It's really not that bad.

If I were to do something about it, I would just try to get replacement parts (I think I will contact BBTS). But if that doesn't work I'll just ignore it. :)

Does anyone know a good paint to use to fix the scratch i made on my mark iv's paintjob on the rubber part?

Back