Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually go 200 or 400. I could just do 100 and do longer exposures but I like a high ƒ-stop (22 for those above photos), I take bracketed shots, and I don't like having to wait forever for a photo to take.

So basically I often shoot 400 just for ease, or 1600 if I /want/ the grain such as for something like this[url].

Nice shots. I have been experimenting a lot with my new Nikon D3100 DSLR and it is awesome and gives me great shots of my figures. Can I ask how you do the light effects in that one pic? I have seen that before in other pics and someone referred to it as light pen drawing or something like that?

I took a cheap little LED flashlight then stuck a polystyrene tube on the end, covered it in electrical tape then poked a tiny hole in it. I then took a ISO100 ƒ/22 30" photo and moved the light around in front of the lens. I took a whole bunch trying to get one I liked.

Those high f stops will usually yield long exposure times unless you are manually controlling those as well. You must be a tripod guy like me. :hi5:

Oh yeah, never take toy photos without a tripod. If I'm taking photos out in the world of people or more commonly my cats I rock a ƒ/1.8 just for the speed.

Yeah the cheapo but great 50mm Canon 1.8 Prime. Does ƒ1.8-22. You can get one I think for around $100. I also have a set of extension tubes (12/20/36mm) that essentially make it into a cheap macro lens. It's what I used to take the close ups of Tony there.

kairus,
Very cool review.
I see that your forearm rockets also have that very thin film of residue that mine came with. I'm not sure what it is but it wipes off very easily. I suspect that it's some kind of wax.

didnt know it wipes off , thanks for the info

Bam

I wish the armored head had better neck articulation. It's hard to get it in a non-awkward looking sideways looking pose.

I bought a second Mark IV helmet on ebay specifically for the purpose of cutting the back of it up. Which SHOULD make for better pics/poses.

Keep us posted… I have considered doing that myself.

Unfortunately, the helmet is coming from Malaysia. Supposedly, it has already shipped, but I anticipate that it will still be about two weeks before it's here.

Anyone know how to look up "Malaysia Post"?

011-2.jpg

The third one is the best exposure. How are you shooting? Using one of the auto modes or the manual?

The third one is the best exposure. How are you shooting? Using one of the auto modes or the manual?

Auto. With a tripod and the auto-timer. Nikon D50. Dead flash (common problem with the D50). I am a newb bigtime. The camera was given to me by my girlfriend. So I'm experimenting.

I'm using three fixed overhead 6500k CFL lights and one 6500k CFL roaming light. Trying to hit the shadows right.

Standard 18-55mm lens.

Back