Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking to buy a few display cubes
like the type shown in this video, i have heard people in the usa get it form "Michaels art and craft" ..but where will i be able to get these online?, there are some on ebay but none big enough for 1/6 figures.

Same thing, really want to find some.

So what's the overall best way to take picture of our figures?

In my experience:

1) Use a tripod.

2) Use an ISO of 100.

3) Lower the exposure a little.

4) Back up and zoom in for a more natural looking angle.

5) Don't use a flash.

And FYI, I am doing all of that with a point and shoot camera.

BTW, I got my notice from BBTS that my Mark IV is on the way! :banana

Pictures of mine :) ...this figure is just AMAZING!

dsc0262cy.jpg

This whole set of pictures is just stunning! :google

In my experience:

1) Use a tripod.

2) Use an ISO of 100.

3) Lower the exposure a little.

4) Back up and zoom in for a more natural looking angle.

5) Don't use a flash.

And FYI, I am doing all of that with a point and shoot camera.

4) is basically, increasing the focal length. Doing the opposite of a wide angle, which I'm not exactly sure what you would call. If you're using a DLSR a 45-55mm lens will give you the most "natural" level of lens distortion. When I first got my SLR I took a comparison photo of 18mm vs 55mm.

Just mentioning this because it might be useful if you have a camera with replaceable lenses.

Naw you don't even need a DSLR to take great photos. It just gives you more options. Some of my favorite photos I've taken where shot with a Powershot A560.

:thud: :horror :thud:

Wow DG, those are some amazing shots you have in your album there.

Let me humbly say you've inspired me to continue on with my point and shoot. I don't have the money for a new camera (well I do but I would rather spend that money on collectibles!) so the point and shoot is it for me for awhile.

If you can achieve those great photos I'll keep trying! Thanks for posting that!

Pretty much everything in my flickr for most of 2009 and anything previous where taken with various P&S cameras.

You just gotta know your camera AND learn lighting. Lighting is key.

When I first got my DLSR I was taking stuff at a low ƒ-stop to get that narrow focal depth but have become much more fond of much deeper focal depth that gives more of an illusion of 1/1.

Indeed.

That was taken with a 6 year old point and shoot. Just with lens blur masking in Photoshop to try and make it look DSLR quality.

Yeah, I don't like my point and shoot that much but it takes decent pictures especially if I put it on Macro to get those close ups. got this Mark III shot with it. I hope to get a better point and shoot in the future, I would like a cannon Rebel but don't have the funds for it.
CIMG4395.jpg

I'm looking to buy a few display cubes
like the type shown in this video, i have heard people in the usa get it form "Michaels art and craft" ..but where will i be able to get these online?, there are some on ebay but none big enough for 1/6 figures.

Thanks for posting that Calcifer. I live in the states, but didn't know Michael's carried such things. I found it on their website here:
https://www.michaels.com/15.5x7x6-inch-Acrylic-Collector%E2%80%99s-Case/fr0523,default,pd.html?cgid=products-framing-displaycases&start=9 Unfortunately, though, they don't seem to allow online shopping.

So, I ran a google search and found these. Looks like they ship internationally too:
https://www.collectingwarehouse.com/Clear-Acrylic-Display-Case-for-12-Doll-or-Figure_3

Hope that helps!

Ok,so after seeing all these other superb photos put up on here ,im kinda ashamed of the quality of mine,, bugger it ,here goes ,lol...

104_0839.jpg

104_0842.jpg

104_0846.jpg

It's been done, but I wanted to take my own comparison pics. Interestingly, the rubber parts on my MKIII haven't really changed that much in color. These photos are unmolested so what you see in these photos is the difference in color if you look at in person. I have seen some photos that make the two pieces look drastically different.

5398994665_8c67f0c071_b.jpg

I was trying to show how much thicker the MKIV torso is from front to back than the mkIII and I think I kind of failed. The MKIV is a much bulkier figure in general (this is good) something that I haven't really been able to tell from seeing photos (including my own here).
5398995751_7b6a74a4f7_b.jpg

5398997517_75a5f61b04_b.jpg

The new one is clearly more detailed and realistic though neither likeness is particularly great. What this really shows off to me is how much better the proportions are on the MKIV. The MKIII doesn't even look like it's human.
5399601224_d989a7da7f_b.jpg

Are the BD Mark III and the Mark IV the exact same color?

Answer above...

I just ordered this from cornerstone comics. Anyone have experience with them?

Answer above...

That isn't the battle damaged just the regular V1 which is a much dark colour.

To answer his question no they are not. The mark IV is slightly brighter but not much just enough to keep in with movie accuracy some say that the BD is too lighter red however they both look like real metal not painted plastic so it's all good.

I just ordered this from cornerstone comics. Anyone have experience with them?

I bought a second Mark IV from them at their store. Nice people. The shop is very small, meaning that they do the bulk of their business online. Their storeroom was fairly large, with a HUGE amount of product. Because they do so much business online, I think that you can feel confident that they will handle and ship the Mark IV with care.

Disclaimer: If they send you a crushed box with a thousand red and gold pieces, I take no responsibility whatsoever. :)

Great pictures guys! Really inspiring.

What kind of light do you guys use with some of your shots, are those flashlights? Mini lamp or reading lights?

Back