Hot Toys - Iron Man 2:Mark IV Limited Edition spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YW robbie :hi5:

Looks awesome that way doesn't it. :rock lol at donut in other hand.

I dropped his helmet like 6 times lastnight trying to figure out how to have him hold it :lol....wait...:horror :gah:

It's funny how the flare mechanism fits the inside of his helmet almost perfectly, it's like HT knew it could be used for that :lol

Still though, the hand is still required, unless someone comes up with a way for it to stay on w/o the hand being required.

Sounds like it's time for the 1st modification :lol

Dude its easy.

1) take a 3" drywall screw and screw gun and drive that thing through the top of the head and into the thigh.

Done.

Any questions?

Are you guys sure, cause it looks bad in my opinion? This isn't supposed to be battle damaged, right? To me it just looks like bad painting and assembly.

Almost every hot toys figure has some form of weathering on it ..these little paint chip's is what they do with there Ironman figures, it's to make them more realistic ..if you look at the proto pic's at on the first page of this thread the paint chip's can be seen there too.

]
IM2_MarkIV_PR11.jpg

Look at the shoulders.

Dude its easy.

1) take a 3" drywall screw and screw gun and drive that thing through the top of the head and into the thigh.

Done.

Any questions?

Wow that's how you do your customs??? :horror

NVM about the neck. Anyway amazing figure! Glad I decided to go with this guy.

even though a lot of things are fragile, the neck is not one of those parts. Just remove the head first and make sure you grab tight on to the upper body and use some force. The neck is not going to break .. the other side of the grip would be more of a concern ;)

Ok next question. why do the back flaps not go down all the way?

Cause they suck!!!

Well the right side ones do for me but not the left, seems to be an issue with quite a few here on the boards. manufacturing error from HT.

I dont' ever pose mine with them open so I may use some type of adhessive that is easily removable in the future without damaging in case I ever need to open them.

Wow that's how you do your customs??? :horror

even though a lot of things are fragile, the neck is not one of those parts. Just remove the head first and make sure you grab tight on to the upper body and use some force. The neck is not going to break .. the other side of the grip would be more of a concern ;)

Is that not the right way? :slap :gah:

Not suprised. Its so sad when you spend 200 bucks to realize the same fellows who make Hot Toys are the same who make those walmart desks that break in a week. i'll try the tac. I'll need that anyway to probably keep STARS Chris's ear piece in.

any of you guys' Mark IV have minor little paint chips all over the body? I just got mine and opened it up and upon close inspection, noticed a lot of little white paint chips all over the entire body. Is this normal? Should I return it for hopefully a better one?

Cause they suck!!!

Well the right side ones do for me but not the left, seems to be an issue with quite a few here on the boards. manufacturing error from HT.

Not suprised. Its so sad when you spend 200 bucks to realize the same fellows who make Hot Toys are the same who make those walmart desks that break in a week. i'll try the tac. I'll need that anyway to probably keep STARS Chris's ear piece in.

It's not a manufacturing defect. Hot Toys chose to use sheet aluminum so that there would actually be metal parts on the figure. Idea-wise, it's wonderful. In practice, not so much.

Just fiddle with the metal. The shape is already 'bowed' so just give it a little push. It is absolutely possible to make them flush without tac, but you will have to do it again each time you open them.

Generally speaking, most products of any kind last as long as they are cared for. Manhandling this figure or any other will have less than satisfactory results.

any of you guys' Mark IV have minor little paint chips all over the body? I just got mine and opened it up and upon close inspection, noticed a lot of little white paint chips all over the entire body. Is this normal? Should I return it for hopefully a better one?

Read the thread.

This has been asked/answered dozens of time.

Along with the flaps.

Along with the countermeasures.

Along with the ground punch.

Along with the etc.

Back