Hot Toys - Iron Man 2: Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was always unsatisfied with the look of the original blue suit, so I updated my IM2 Black Widow with a knock-off Winter Soldier outfit and a VeryCool body. I'm quite pleased with the result, though I'm not sure my crappy phone pic does it justice.

BW3.jpg

Hey there :)

Anyone know a good replacement body for the IM2 Black Widow?
The « skin » paint on her neck and chest is slowly starting to break and fall of :(

I was thinking about the TBLEAGUE S23B-MID-TAN?

I know, the size won't be perfect, but maybe it will look more natural? I always hated the big boobs on the IM Widow fig :)

KL69uPHDgqBU.jpgP9LEUuzy4pxG.jpgpsb2hZaVjfez.jpg I used the Phicen boxed figure of Caroline Munro. Look closely at pics because I chose this body and sculpt combo for very specific reasons. 1) The skin tone match is 100%(in those days Phicen released stainless steel figures with skin created to match HTS). 2) The figure makes her taller. I never cared about movie accuracy regarding height of BW because in life Scarlett Johansson is always in heels and tall. I wanted a representation of her tall enough to equal Iron Man and Cap (and got it with this base body). 3) I don't feel the need to replace the outfit (C. Munroe figure comes with 2 similar outfits). The clothes that come with base body look like a comic related adaption of BW if Marvel WEREN'T owned by Disney. If you like this combo I will post some pics of it next to her male peers for comparison. Also her breast are mid sized (but if still too big for your personal taste use a S02A-it won't be as exact a skin tone match but it will be very close and remarkably smaller cup sized). Again, skin tones between this Scarjo head sculpt and C. Munro boxed Phicen figure exactly matched - it looks like I bought it like this. Hope these help. **********Also IMO the great thing about a HTS/Phicen hybrid is its playability. The rubber HTS uses on thier female figures always eventually cracks or breaks. It's just smart to have a Phicen on hand for such occasions. They are very sturdy/feel solid in hand. You have to be careful when articulating "not to over-extend a joint" or "when changing or putting on a outfit" and always "avoid extreme heat." Other than that, Phicen really holds up over time, it's the most state of the art seamless 1/6 figure on Earth to date. I wish HTS would release a figure with Phicen body/companies would simply collaborate!!!!!!!!! If they had made a deal to release the BVS WONDER WOMAN, it would be one of the greatest 1/6 scale figures of all time. BUT...... I've had mine for less than a month and already the rubber HTS uses for their seamless body has begun to deteriorate (the paint peels off, it looks like dead skin you'd peel off after a bad sunburn). I wrote HTS a letter asking them for guidance on care, maintenance and prevention of QC issues. Some companies really care about their consumers. Let's see if they respond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's actually a perfect match. The head sculpt fits this Phicen tightly without any modifications needed (sculpt is just the right size et). The skin tones are an exact match. For some personal tastes, maybe the breast could be smaller (in which case you use a Phicen S02A, but lose a percentage of skin tone matching). I always think, regardless of movie accuracy the BW figures are too short. And I like this bash because she's the same height as Iron Man (and Superman). For my personal taste, she deserves to be as tall as the fellas.

View attachment 368243View attachment 368244View attachment 368245 I used the Phicen boxed figure of Caroline Munro. Look closely at pics because I chose this body and sculpt combo for very specific reasons. 1) The skin tone match is 100%(in those days Phicen released stainless steel figures with skin created to match HTS). 2) The figure makes her taller. I never cared about movie accuracy regarding height of BW because in life Scarlett Johansson is always in heels and tall. I wanted a representation of her tall enough to equal Iron Man and Cap (and got it with this base body). 3) I don't feel the need to replace the outfit (C. Munroe figure comes with 2 similar outfits). The clothes that come with base body look like a comic related adaption of BW if Marvel WEREN'T owned by Disney. If you like this combo I will post some pics of it next to her male peers for comparison. Also her breast are mid sized (but if still too big for your personal taste use a S02A-it won't be as exact a skin tone match but it will be very close and remarkably smaller cup sized). Again, skin tones between this Scarjo head sculpt and C. Munro boxed Phicen figure exactly matched - it looks like I bought it like this. Hope these help. **********Also IMO the great thing about a HTS/Phicen hybrid is its playability. The rubber HTS uses on thier female figures always eventually cracks or breaks. It's just smart to have a Phicen on hand for such occasions. They are very sturdy/feel solid in hand. You have to be careful when articulating "not to over-extend a joint" or "when changing or putting on a outfit" and always "avoid extreme heat." Other than that, Phicen really holds up over time, it's the most state of the art seamless 1/6 figure on Earth to date. I wish HTS would release a figure with Phicen body/companies would simply collaborate!!!!!!!!! If they had made a deal to release the BVS WONDER WOMAN, it would be one of the greatest 1/6 scale figures of all time. BUT...... I've had mine for less than a month and already the rubber HTS uses for their seamless body has begun to deteriorate (the paint peels off, it looks like dead skin you'd peel off after a bad sunburn). I wrote HTS a letter asking them for guidance on care, maintenance and prevention of QC issues. Some companies really care about their consumers. Let's see if they respond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just looking at the jiaou doll, the medium Wheaton color, of course it's sold out. I have an So2a medium for a Leia custom, but I get quite of bit of criticism from my gf because the boobs are huge. I just remind her nobody is perfect and I can overlook flaws. :)

I was just looking at the jiaou doll, the medium Wheaton color, of course it's sold out. I have an So2a medium for a Leia custom, but I get quite of bit of criticism from my gf because the boobs are huge. I just remind her nobody is perfect and I can overlook flaws. :)

Lol. Good answer bro. A LOT of collectors (both male and female) share those views about Jiaou or Phicen breast size. But you have several choices. When bashing you get to be imaginative/creative with whatever you make. And that's important. I've been collecting 1/6 scale since a child in the 1970s; started bashing figures soon after. And when I get bored with a companies products and sell them off, I always keep the CUSTOMS I make because I have a greater emotional connection to them (after all, it's something I thought up, put together, transformed, perfected - put hard work into et). After the hype of a boxed figure wears away, my custom figures still have a place on display. So trust your gut, good luck with the specifics and have fun!!!!

Lol. Good answer bro. A LOT of collectors (both male and female) share those views about Jiaou or Phicen breast size. But you have several choices. When bashing you get to be imaginative/creative with whatever you make. And that's important. I've been collecting 1/6 scale since a child in the 1970s; started bashing figures soon after. And when I get bored with a companies products and sell them off, I always keep the CUSTOMS I make because I have a greater emotional connection to them (after all, it's something I thought up, put together, transformed, perfected - put hard work into et). After the hype of a boxed figure wears away, my custom figures still have a place on display. So trust your gut, good luck with the specifics and have fun!!!!

I don't do a lot of bashing, but I do like displaying figures in ridiculous set ups. Instead of the infinity gauntlet, I have thanos standing on the Dude's rug (it's actually a mouse pad of the Dude's rug) and in the emporer's throne chair I have a Hasbro jar jar binks dressed as a Sith lord, he really was more valuable to Palpatine than lame darth maul anyway. ;) but I agree, the stuff you build will have a lot more meaning than a museum posed doll on a shelf.

Hot Toys MMS124 Black Widow 2010 release live unboxing. Let’s see how this 11 year old figure looks out if the box!

Hot Toys Marvel Black Widow | collecting Weekly Live Unboxing

Back