1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I feel xenomorph does the best reviews. His whiplash II is one of the best reviews ever (it breaks on him). That is what I want from a review, someone who tests a figures capabilities knowing it could go too far. Clipperking has great reviews also if you can get past his side comments.

Thanks dude for the nice comment. [emoji4] really appreciate it. That Whiplash review was def an experience... [emoji51] but also good memories having fixed by myself.

@ Justin: it never is too much when it comes to 1/6 content on the tube. [emoji4] so let us all share the passion! Nice vid and i understand that you did not want to stress the suit too much. If the budget allows i really think for this release its legit to buy a second figure - the posing is so great with the crawling options and the legs.

Some photos - more on my website: https://www.xenom0rph.com/2018/11/hot-toys-iron-spider-avengers-infinity.html

16068befb36c9e682a7c74d2bbae500e.jpg

8848a7b7072b707cd3fcbeb5bfe9b2e1.jpg

daad8ce3136192a7b7ce12581b007f89.jpg

8e8dc8b9f4dad9dcac48e4c71ce0fe5d.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at the last picture I think it is strange for HT adding the “removed mask” to be kept in the figure hand.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but in the movie “reality” that is nanotechnology and not a mask to be removed. If you know what I mean...

Unfortunately the reviews on here make me hesitant to purchase this, even though they are good reviews. Justin and Xenomorph both state how cool this looks, and either recommend treating it like a statue, or buying a second one so you can have at least one to enjoy.

Though well made, there is something head-shaking about all this.

What are your guys thoughts?

People always talk about the creasing and how that is a deterrent to purchase but in the end fanhood takes over and Spider-Man sells out quickly.

Hot Toys really has no vested interest to use a material that allows for better posability with limited creasing because in their eyes this type of release is what collectors want. And they’re correct.

I often praise HT but Spider-Man releases always disappoint me. It’s not about resale, rather I just would like to bend the knees and hips for more than 5 minutes without jacking up the figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the reviews on here make me hesitant to purchase this, even though they are good reviews. Justin and Xenomorph both state how cool this looks, and either recommend treating it like a statue, or buying a second one so you can have at least one to enjoy.

Though well made, there is something head-shaking about all this.

What are your guys thoughts?

It's pretty simple to me. Choose 1 or 2.

1). If you want to put your figure in extreme/even not so extreme poses expect creasing of the material. If that's a problem for you then don't get it.

2). If you're OK with creases or just want to put it in a standard pose. Then get it.

I'm for #2.

Just watched Justin's video, and that comparison shot is amazing. This has so much more "bling" than the previous versions. And that is the difference and trade off seen in material choice. It's a metallic suit, so they can't make it from fabric. Negative aspect are the creases as would be the case in a real world suit.

Watching all these reviews, I ended up cancelling my order on sideshow. Just didn't come out that good at the end.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Looking at the last picture I think it is strange for HT adding the “removed mask” to be kept in the figure hand.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but in the movie “reality” that is nanotechnology and not a mask to be removed. If you know what I mean...

I thought about that myself... It's not a fabric mask that can be removed in that way. Odd inclusion for sure.

I don't know that they would know that based on concept art or promo shots which is probably the only reference material available when they started prototyping.

Loving the look of this figure. Hoping we get really lucky and SS ships this before Christmas.

People always talk about the creasing and how that is a deterrent to purchase but in the end fanhood takes over and Spider-Man sells out quickly.

Hot Toys really has no vested interest to use a material that allows for better posability with limited creasing because in their eyes this type of release is what collectors want. And they’re correct.

I often praise HT but Spider-Man releases always disappoint me. It’s not about resale, rather I just would like to bend the knees and hips for more than 5 minutes without jacking up the figure.

I don't think it's "fanhood", I think most collectors simply realize that these skin-tight (and often CG-enhanced) superhero outfits are a challenging thing for HT to recreate, and that there are going to be limitations in what you can do with those figures. And whether it's fabric or leather or this new latex material they're using, there is going to be a risk of stretching or permanent damage when you leave it in an extreme pose for very long.

HT has done some truly incredible work over the years, but sometimes I think collectors can still have some unreasonable expectations about what is actually possible in this scale.

I don't think it's "fanhood", I think most collectors simply realize that these skin-tight (and often CG-enhanced) superhero outfits are a challenging thing for HT to recreate, and that there are going to be limitations in what you can do with those figures. And whether it's fabric or leather or this new latex material they're using, there is going to be a risk of stretching or permanent damage when you leave it in an extreme pose for very long.

HT has done some truly incredible work over the years, but sometimes I think collectors can still have some unreasonable expectations about what is actually possible in this scale.

Very true. I was looking at those close ups in Xenomorphs video of the costume and covered head. How the hell do they get that star type pattern in there, and also on the rounded helmet ? It almost looks like it is on a lower layer somehow. Amazing.

Yeah I have no clue how they do most of what they do. I've made a stab at making my own customs and outfits over the years, but the work they do is just at a whole other level. They're little works of art, and it's strange to think how often we take that for granted on here.

I’m not passing this up..we know this is a one of a kind suit and probably a collectible. We know he will change it in FFH. So I’m keeping my order..hopefully this time the U.S. release will not get so delayed as HC tech suit was :lecture

Not gonna knock this figure but I really wish the power pose series wasn’t limited to a random iron man armor every now and then. This suit would be a perfect candidate for a great pose with all of the lights on the body and whatnot. You could have a great pose with Hot Toys’ realism without it being immediately ruined.

Thanks dude for the nice comment. [emoji4] really appreciate it. That Whiplash review was def an experience... [emoji51] but also good memories having fixed by myself.

@ Justin: it never is too much when it comes to 1/6 content on the tube. [emoji4] so let us all share the passion! Nice vid and i understand that you did not want to stress the suit too much. If the budget allows i really think for this release its legit to buy a second figure - the posing is so great with the crawling options and the legs.

Some photos - more on my website: https://www.xenom0rph.com/2018/11/hot-toys-iron-spider-avengers-infinity.html

16068befb36c9e682a7c74d2bbae500e.jpg

8848a7b7072b707cd3fcbeb5bfe9b2e1.jpg

daad8ce3136192a7b7ce12581b007f89.jpg

8e8dc8b9f4dad9dcac48e4c71ce0fe5d.jpg

:clap :clap :clap Spectacular review and photos as always!

Hey guys, I just posted up my video review and unboxing for the Iron Spider. I know Xenomorph already did an excellent job, so I hope you don't mind seeing mine too!

Keep 'em coming! Another fantastic review.

Watching all these reviews, I ended up cancelling my order on sideshow. Just didn't come out that good at the end.

In my opinion, I get the gist since they're releasing these IW relatively quickly they're not taking the time to develop the figures into better potential. Although, maybe even with that, they're still producing great figures nonetheless.

In my opinion, I get the gist since they're releasing these IW relatively quickly they're not taking the time to develop the figures into better potential. Although, maybe even with that, they're still producing great figures nonetheless.
The articulation on this and the giraffe neck are the main turn offs. I'm okay with spidey tech suit creasing. But the creasing on this one seems extreme.

Yeah I agree...if they weren't being forced to rush out these figures before Avengers 4, I'm sure we'd have a much better Iron Spidey (possibly even Diecast) and a much better blonde Black Widow and a wayyyy better bearded Steve Rogers (both of which I am passing on because the likeness is totally garbage.)

These figures are normally released much later, but due to the sequel releasing only a year after HT didn't wanna cannibalize sales so they rushed out the IW line and it really screws the customers over with subpar quality/actor likeness....and to a certain extent themselves as well, because I'm sure I'm not the only diehard customer not purchasing due to poor likeness.

The only reason why IW Thor doesn't suffer as much (and I own this one) is because they are going off the Ragnarok Thor head sculpt, which they had ample time to work on and get right...otherwise had it not been for Ragnarok we'd probably be getting a real lousy short-hair Thor head sculpt too.

Back