1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless my eyes have gotten that bad, this look very similar to the nano tech of Mark 50

Don’t need nanotechnology for it to form like that. There are other examples in the mcu. Outside of the arms it had none of the mk50 weapons or any other weapons. Which the nano has. Outside of the appearance of how he suits up it’s not like the mk50 at all.

And if I’m not mistaken the 46 had a similar suit up in Civil war where it formed from a finger. Yet it wasn’t nanotechnology.

Don’t need nanotechnology for it to form like that. There are other examples in the mcu. Outside of the arms it had none of the mk50 weapons or any other weapons. Which the nano has. Outside of the appearance of how he suits up it’s not like the mk50 at all.

And if I’m not mistaken the 46 had a similar suit up in Civil war where it formed from a finger. Yet it wasn’t nanotechnology.

If it looks organic it's most likely nanotech. The MK 46 forming around Tony's finger in CW was definitely mechanical. The whole suit was housed within his helicopter. The finger was just the starting point of the mechanized process. The Iron Spider was entirely housed within a small football sized delivery system and seemed very organic. The MK 50 (if it's indeed the 50) was housed similarly and formed organically. Just because Spidey's suit can't do what Tony's can doesn't mean they aren't based on the same tech. Tony's is simply more advanced.

An article describing the Iron Spider being nano tech

https://screenrant.com/avengers-infinity-war-iron-spider-suit-bleeding-edge/
b4a2342795a79968f59acb97215e5e38.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Definitely nanotechnology ... his mask behaves the same as Black Panther’s and Mark 50’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valid, but Timewalker's been great for me and I enjoy giving them my business. It's not an anti-Sideshow sentiment, but a pro-Timewalker one.

The fact that you mentioned it makes it look like yet another tired anti Sideshow post.

If the iron Spider-Man suit was nano tech then the mk47 would have been. Since we saw the iron spider suit in homecoming where he wore the 47. It behaved nothing like the 50 I’m the film either.

Who's to say the Iron Spider suit wasn't a prototype for the nano technology. Stark thought a big bulky suit upgrade wouldn't work for Peter so went the nano route, then decided that the tech would be good to use for his own suits.

Definitely nano-tech. As much as I enjoyed the movie, I hate nano-tech... it's a cheap, lazy writing device where the "nano-tech" can basically do anything.

Definitely nano-tech. As much as I enjoyed the movie, I hate nano-tech... it's a cheap, lazy writing device where the "nano-tech" can basically do anything.
That's the way all "hot new tech" ends up being used in films. It's how Peter Parker ended up being Spider-Man and Bruce Banner became Hulk - "oooh... nuclear stuff is big and trendy... we can use it to make super powers!". Jurassic Park and Raimi Spider-Man used the then-popular genetic manipulation to create dinosaurs and superheroes. Almost everything from the late 70s until the late 90s had some form of "nerd uses Commodore 64 to reboot universe" level of computer awesomeness.

This year it's nano-tech... soon, NASA or The Pentagon or some bloke working in his garden shed will come up with some other new tech that can solve all the problems Hollywood can conceive...

Nano tech has been around for a long time though so it's not really a new gimmick hollywood is suddenly using.
All the technologies I mentioned had been around a while in one form or another by the time they were using them, they were just the "hot new tech" as far as sci-fi & fantasy were concerned.

The suit looked like it was more metallic in the film. Was hoping they'd use diecase on this.

Diecast really only adds to the price and weight to a figure and the illusion of feeling more premium. Doesn’t cost them much to add a bit of pot metal to a figure and they get to charge us more for it.

I guess you all are right about the metallic look. Diecast just feels a lot better. When I look at the released diecast Iron Mans for instance compared to the plastic ones the DC looks better usually. Maybe it's just that I know they are and moved them....

I guess you all are right about the metallic look. Diecast just feels a lot better. When I look at the released diecast Iron Mans for instance compared to the plastic ones the DC looks better usually. Maybe it's just that I know they are and moved them....

I totally get that. It’s human nature to equate weight to quality, and it’s nice to pick up something that feels substantial.

But aside from that, the diecast Iron Man figures just have the benefit of being newer. Better engineering, paint, etc. The figures don’t actually have a lot of diecast parts nowadays either, relatively speaking.

The best of the all plastic House Party armors from Iron Man 3 look as good as the diecast figures do, not factoring suit design preference.

Back