1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diecast really only adds to the price and weight to a figure and the illusion of feeling more premium. Doesn’t cost them much to add a bit of pot metal to a figure and they get to charge us more for it.

Diecast figures are easier to pose as they have more weight in the legs. You don’t need to use a stand with them, while about 1/2 of the regular MMS figures are a challenge to pose without a stand. I prefer to not use a stand, so this is a big benefit to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Spider

HD Still:

wMFiL5JClR0.png

Diecast figures are easier to pose as they have more weight in the legs. You don’t need to use a stand with them, while about 1/2 of the regular MMS figures are a challenge to pose without a stand. I prefer to not use a stand, so this is a big benefit to me.

I always use stands personally. That said, having gone through many figures, I think only a couple of them stand out to me as potentially having difficulty standing on their own. Your mileage will vary of course based on which figures you've purchased.

Having owned the vast majority of Iron Man figures at one point, I don't know if I'd personally call the diecast figures more stable than the plastic line. I would be terrified of leaving a diecast figure without a stand. The ankle joints aren't always the greatest. A little bit of give and down goes a very heavy and expensive figure. :lol

But if it's worked out for you then great. :duff

I always use stands personally. That said, having gone through many figures, I think only a couple of them stand out to me as potentially having difficulty standing on their own. Your mileage will vary of course based on which figures you've purchased.

Having owned the vast majority of Iron Man figures at one point, I don't know if I'd personally call the diecast figures more stable than the plastic line. I would be terrified of leaving a diecast figure without a stand. The ankle joints aren't always the greatest. A little bit of give and down goes a very heavy and expensive figure. :lol

But if it's worked out for you then great. :duff

Wow, that’s the opposite from me. I’ve owned almost every Iron Man and every marvel or DC figure. I can list tons that had issues standing without a stand...all of the early Iron Man figures (especially MK5), pretty much any Black Widow (honestly all the female figures), Gamora, Ant Man, Whiplash, Odin, 1st Thor, Loki, Gamma, Striker, Harley Quinn, and I’m sure many more but I’m not at my collection at the moment.

I find the diecast figures have a lower center of gravity, and consistently tighter joints in key areas like the ankle, knee and hip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’d agree that the plastic figures are a bit harder to pose without stand, but that the risk of damage from a fall is much greater with the diecast figures. And the diecast figures will eventually get looser joints and then you have a figure that’s gonna fall and when it does it’s probably gonna break. And the newer iron man figures from the hPP line that are plastic, or the 1/4 figures which are plastic, all stand as well as the newer diecast. I think the DC just stand better due to improved engineering and better joints versus older figures and human figures. Iron man figures have different options then a human figure. I mean who wants a black widow with iron man thick legs? Lol

Having now seen the movie twice, just biding my time before I order this one too. April-June 2019's gonna be a doozy.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Spider

HD Still:

wMFiL5JClR0.png

Interesting.. This shot doesn't seem to be in the movie. It's either mirrored or just not there. In the movie, Thanos is on the right side while Spidey is on the left. So there's no way of Spidey pulling from the direction in the HD still. Still amazing CGI though. just check out the webbing :O

I thought Spidey was on Thanos' left since that's the side the gauntlet was on...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought Spidey was on Thanos' left since that's the side the gauntlet was on...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I still feel like I saw him doing this during my second viewing... I just can't place what was going on at the time.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ok, just scanned through that part again, it seems it's a if you blink, you'll miss it. But it's there.

However, it's still not the exact same shot of Spidey pulling..perhaps it's a frame or 2 cut from the film.

Yes, they are. People freak out over the prototypes. I remember when the proto for the ASM2 figure was
first shown and it looked horrible. When it was released, different ball game.

Back