1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you could only have one spiderman would you get the Iron spider or the ffh advanced suit or ffh movie promo suit.

Iron Spider hands down. In the most movies, has the coolest look. If you have any plans of getting any Infinity War or Endgame figures he will fit.

The others look bland in comparison if you ask me.

But in the end of course it's what you want personally. A classic Spiderman from an individual movie, or whatever....

Iron Spider hands down. In the most movies, has the coolest look. If you have any plans of getting any Infinity War or Endgame figures he will fit.

The others look bland in comparison if you ask me.

But in the end of course it's what you want personally. A classic Spiderman from an individual movie, or whatever....

totally agree with you! ultimate spidey suit but then i'm not much of a classic Spiderman fan. i think i got worn down by the reboots. this was an excellent and fresh take for a cinematic spidey.

totally agree with you! ultimate spidey suit but then i'm not much of a classic Spiderman fan. i think i got worn down by the reboots. this was an excellent and fresh take for a cinematic spidey.

Yep, and has more "BLING" :lol

But that said, put any other classic Spidy with Avengers figures and he looks out of place in the material they use.

Yep, and has more "BLING" [emoji38]

But that said, put any other classic Spidy with Avengers figures and he looks out of place in the material they use.
That's quite true.
I'm a fan of the classic suits.
And it's true, if you are collecting the whole avengers, iron spider is prob the one to get. He gets the most screen time with the other avengers.
With the recent news, I highly doubt we'll ever see the iron spider suit ever again. That's one of the reason I got my iron spider.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat, don't have a spider man and really like this one but worried about the durability of the suit.
But the thing about the iron spider is that even with a museum pose, you can make dynamic poses cos of the mechanical arms. Can't say the same with the tech suit. I dare not pose him from the time I got him till now... LoL
But well for me if I like a figure I just get it and if it's not posable then I'll find a way to display it nicely in my shelf. Just be extra careful with him.

If only it's a bit cheaper and I would do this lol
e606c4ef46ec8db308a83445b9e1e6e9.jpg

Nice! I?m wondering how the neck was dealt with? I thought the body and neck were one piece? Would love to hear the recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I?m wondering how the neck was dealt with? I thought the body and neck were one piece? Would love to hear the recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone posted in a facebook group. The neck is a separate piece but you have to cut the existing one and replace with another neck either from the homemade suit or a third party neck. I almost did this but got a bit scared after looking at the process. I don't have that much of a patience to cut and trim the neck pieces.

Finally received the iron spider, am I the only one who find this more poseable than the tech suit? Well I probably won't put him in extreme poses still. But I love him, he definitely blends more with the other avengers than the tech suit. Though personally, I'm still a bigger fan of the classic suit.

Do you guys think we'll be seeing any more releases or reissues of the MCU spidey from HT after the marvel-sony breakup?

I have missed on the iron spider and it seems to be sold out everywhere here in Europe. Ordering from sideshow would be very expensive with all the import taxes so I was thinking of waiting for a future reissue but now it seems to be a risky move.

Do you guys think we'll be seeing any more releases or reissues of the MCU spidey from HT after the marvel-sony breakup?

I have missed on the iron spider and it seems to be sold out everywhere here in Europe. Ordering from sideshow would be very expensive with all the import taxes so I was thinking of waiting for a future reissue but now it seems to be a risky move.

With it being so readily available state side, I doubt it. Even if it does see reissue I would think it would be a good amount of time after the current one has been sold out.

I got mine cos of the sony and disney breakup as well. I don't think we'll ever get to see him again.

That's quite true.

With the recent news, I highly doubt we'll ever see the iron spider suit ever again. That's one of the reason I got my iron spider.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Iron Spider suit as part of the Hot Toys (SONY) PS4 line...

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Iron Spider suit as part of the Hot Toys (SONY) PS4 line...
They already have one coming though, doubt they'll release this under the videogame line again.
Truth be told, I was planning to get that iron spider instead. I like the design more but then I only collect MCU chars, so i changed my mind.

I passed on this guy after seeing the quality issues and the suit material but now I'm having second thoughts. It has been sold out everywhere in Europe by now and the only remaining option I have left is ordering from sideshow and paying around 390 bucks (355 euro) total including shipping and import fees.

Would you guys spend that money on a figure that will most likely come with quality issues or risk waiting for a reissue/re-release?

Even if HT were to re-release it, there are good chances that they'll remove the headsculpt as we've seen with the latest re-releases.

I passed on this guy after seeing the quality issues and the suit material but now I'm having second thoughts. It has been sold out everywhere in Europe by now and the only remaining option I have left is ordering from sideshow and paying around 390 bucks (355 euro) total including shipping and import fees.

Would you guys spend that money on a figure that will most likely come with quality issues or risk waiting for a reissue/re-release?

Even if HT were to re-release it, there are good chances that they'll remove the headsculpt as we've seen with the latest re-releases.

Hmm, well the pricing is subjective. So it boils down to how badly you want this figure. As someone who owns the Iron Spidey as well as Tech Suit Spidey, Homemade suit Spidey, and PS4 Spidey, I gotta say the Iron Spidey probably ranks last in terms of my favorite, mostly due to the lack of posability without causing permanent crease damage...but with that said, you can still get a pretty "dynamic" pose with those spider arms.

In terms of the headsculpt it's a great one, but I do feel it looks a bit odd on the Iron Spidey mainly cause of the "giraffe neck" look it gives it. In the end I think the Iron Spider is a good, but not great figure...is it worth $390 USD...me, personally, I would say no...but then again pricing is all subjective.

My hope is that HT dedicates the time to remaking this as a Diecast figure, but it's highly unlikely that'll happen.

Hmm, well the pricing is subjective. So it boils down to how badly you want this figure. As someone who owns the Iron Spidey as well as Tech Suit Spidey, Homemade suit Spidey, and PS4 Spidey, I gotta say the Iron Spidey probably ranks last in terms of my favorite, mostly due to the lack of posability without causing permanent crease damage...but with that said, you can still get a pretty "dynamic" pose with those spider arms.

In terms of the headsculpt it's a great one, but I do feel it looks a bit odd on the Iron Spidey mainly cause of the "giraffe neck" look it gives it. In the end I think the Iron Spider is a good, but not great figure...is it worth $390 USD...me, personally, I would say no...but then again pricing is all subjective.

My hope is that HT dedicates the time to remaking this as a Diecast figure, but it's highly unlikely that'll happen.

Thanks for replying, I appreciate your thoughts.

You are right, it is a subjective matter and it's especially hard for someone who is trying to get the main IW/Endgame lineup because the piece becomes that more important to have. However I'm not sure this reason is enough to justify spending so much on a figure with such flaws so I think I will hold back for now.

Maybe I will just get the FFH upgraded suit and be done with it. THAT seems like a quality figure worth the money even if it's not the one I would've wanted as my only spidey.

I just ordered him. I?m a bit obsessed with SM after seeing FFH and have ordered all of the available MCU SMs. Recently got a Homecoming figure. Gonna display all as evolution of MCU SM costumes once all come in.

Back