1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just saw that bbts still has this version of rocket, but am undecided if i should get this one because i like the way the orange jumpsuit looks.....and is cheaper or i should just go ahead and get the deluxe with the cool looking jetpack, the newer paint apps which looks to be a bit better and the 2 headsculpts? for thos e that have both versions of rocket, any advice is appreciated.

just saw that bbts still has this version of rocket, but am undecided if i should get this one because i like the way the orange jumpsuit looks.....and is cheaper or i should just go ahead and get the deluxe with the cool looking jetpack, the newer paint apps which looks to be a bit better and the 2 headsculpts? for thos e that have both versions of rocket, any advice is appreciated.

If you plan on getting other Guardians from Vol. 2 or figures from Infinity War, I'd probably go with the Vol. 2 deluxe. If you're just getting Rocket and maybe just Groot or others from the first GotG, either. Orange since you said you like that look, though I usually go with the newer figure available for paint and quality.

But I had the orange jumpsuit Rocket and he was a solid figure. Didn't have any problems with it. I'm waiting for the IW version myself. Bought a closed mouth head from the Vol. 2 deluxe to put on it.

Thanks MyenShi, just watched a side by side comparison video and both look really good although the paint on gotg rocket does look a little duller than the more vibrant looking vol.2 rocket paint apps. kinda goes down to how much i want to spend, either $150.00 or $230.00

If you plan on getting other Guardians from Vol. 2 or figures from Infinity War, I'd probably go with the Vol. 2 deluxe. If you're just getting Rocket and maybe just Groot or others from the first GotG, either. Orange since you said you like that look, though I usually go with the newer figure available for paint and quality.

But I had the orange jumpsuit Rocket and he was a solid figure. Didn't have any problems with it. I'm waiting for the IW version myself. Bought a closed mouth head from the Vol. 2 deluxe to put on it.

Re: Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Has anyone put the Vol 2 head on the Vol 1 body ? Does the fur paint colour match at all ?

Vol 2 is much more brown, the Vol 1 rocket is more grey.

Thanks MyenShi, just watched a side by side comparison video and both look really good although the paint on gotg rocket does look a little duller than the more vibrant looking vol.2 rocket paint apps. kinda goes down to how much i want to spend, either $150.00 or $230.00

Be patient and watch eBay. I used that 20% off coupon last week and got the deluxe Rocket for $159 shipped. You can snag the GOTG 2 one for sub $200 if you hunt a little. I nearly spent a lot more on him, but I'm glad I waited.

Vol 2 is much more brown, the Vol 1 rocket is more grey.

Be patient and watch eBay. I used that 20% off coupon last week and got the deluxe Rocket for $159 shipped. You can snag the GOTG 2 one for sub $200 if you hunt a little. I nearly spent a lot more on him, but I'm glad I waited.

Thank you, will keep an eye on ebay for a good deal. havent seen any 20% coupon but i'd be good with a lower than retail deal on the deluxe.

You pay more for the Vol. 2 deluxe than V1, but I think you also get a lot more.

Even a second character to display with it. Tiny, but still counts. :lol

You pay more for the Vol. 2 deluxe than V1, but I think you also get a lot more.

Even a second character to display with it. Tiny, but still counts. :lol

:lol yeah i know. i think i'll wait and see if i can find a good deal on ebay like DioramaMaker suggested but i kinda am leaning more on getting the Vol.2 deluxe now.

Hope you can find a deal. Gotta aim for that sweet spot between finding a deal and it selling out.

I wonder how big a run they did of the Vol 2. knowing they’d release the same figure again for IW.

Hope you can find a deal. Gotta aim for that sweet spot between finding a deal and it selling out.

I wonder how big a run they did of the Vol 2. knowing they’d release the same figure again for IW.

thanks, would have waited for the infinity war one but i like the non screaming head too so yeah, i hope it does'nt sell out before i can get my hands on it.

Thank you, will keep an eye on ebay for a good deal. havent seen any 20% coupon but i'd be good with a lower than retail deal on the deluxe.

When I was shopping there were a good amount of deluxes at $199. I got lucky that I was shopping at the time that coupon went up for the day. When it's all said and done though, as much as he's a necessity to the GOTG shelf, I will be very honest that I would have not been as receptive had I paid full price for him. Even $200 would have given me a pit in my stomach. Don't get me wrong, I do think he's awesome and the deluxe, in my opinion, is the only way to go, but I think that positive response is heavily influenced by the price. Had I spent the $250 I would have to ship him from Sideshow you would have had a much different tune.

When I was shopping there were a good amount of deluxes at $199. I got lucky that I was shopping at the time that coupon went up for the day. When it's all said and done though, as much as he's a necessity to the GOTG shelf, I will be very honest that I would have not been as receptive had I paid full price for him. Even $200 would have given me a pit in my stomach. Don't get me wrong, I do think he's awesome and the deluxe, in my opinion, is the only way to go, but I think that positive response is heavily influenced by the price. Had I spent the $250 I would have to ship him from Sideshow you would have had a much different tune.

Yeah, that's why i was contemplating on getting the first version of Rocket because $230.00 is a bit too much so I'll just wait and keep an eye out on ebay for a good price on the v2 deluxe.

I bought v2 rocket, but i need big Groot, which seems like a silly wish with him being so rare. Double pack isn't, but expensive, a lot.

I bought v2 rocket, but i need big Groot, which seems like a silly wish with him being so rare. Double pack isn't, but expensive, a lot.

Maybe they'll release a version of a full grown groot with the next guardians film. I like the teen groot figure and am tempted to preorder but I'll wait a bit.

Anyone know if it's possible to get a replacement head for Groot? I just bought this (new, in box) yesterday and he came out of the box like this. I wondered why the faceplate felt a bit loose :(

20180320_081141_zpsuhaanede.jpg

20180320_081031_zpssx8c6koq.jpg

Anyone know if it's possible to get a replacement head for Groot? I just bought this (new, in box) yesterday and he came out of the box like this. I wondered why the faceplate felt a bit loose :(

The face plate is supposed to come off- the Rocket/Groot 2-pack came with a second angry face plate that can be swapped out for the regular calm face. So nothing out of the ordinary there. :)

The face plate is supposed to come off- the Rocket/Groot 2-pack came with a second angry face plate that can be swapped out for the regular calm face. So nothing out of the ordinary there. :)

I apologize, I should've been more specific. The plastic tab on the right side of the head is creased, as though it were bent (see pics). I'm concerned it might break all the way off with too many head swaps. The crease doesn't go all the way through, so I'm probably fine... I'm just paranoid!

I apologize, I should've been more specific. The plastic tab on the right side of the head is creased, as though it were bent (see pics). I'm concerned it might break all the way off with too many head swaps. The crease doesn't go all the way through, so I'm probably fine... I'm just paranoid!

Got it! I think it should be fine (the face plates on mine don't fit super tight anyways). It's well past the point where Hot Toys or Sideshow will offer replacement parts, so your best bet is ebay if you want a replacement head. I haven't checked, but I can't imagine that there are a lot of parted out Groot pieces.

Back