1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just been sitting admiring my collection, specifically my Guardians, and I still love adult Groot. Definitely the best Groot!

3e6330574794d83b625a1a259654efb0.jpg
8e43fc2b9ed755555c15589d3e32c424.jpg

Apologies for bad lighting and background.

If only I could get a decent Drax to go with these guys...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks ArtDamage. Yeah, superb sculpting. A unique character! I think it might be time to swap out to the angry face...

So I'm in the market to get a second Rocket; for those who have both, do you feel that the V1 holds up on display along the guardians? I love the orange suit but the paint apps I know are a little more basic than the V2. I just want to migrate my V2 to my Infinity War Thor and Teen Groot, yet don't want to leave the Guardians without their Rocket. So that leaves me with a choice to sneak another V2 but then have two identical figures, or get a V1 and they are at least different. I scanned through the thread and it seems the best comparison pic comes from Xeno, as usual. Anyone else have a couple of good ones to share?

So I'm in the market to get a second Rocket; for those who have both, do you feel that the V1 holds up on display along the guardians? I love the orange suit but the paint apps I know are a little more basic than the V2. I just want to migrate my V2 to my Infinity War Thor and Teen Groot, yet don't want to leave the Guardians without their Rocket. So that leaves me with a choice to sneak another V2 but then have two identical figures, or get a V1 and they are at least different. I scanned through the thread and it seems the best comparison pic comes from Xeno, as usual. Anyone else have a couple of good ones to share?

I still love my original Rocket, also cause the orange is a great colour and this look is awesome I think.

Groot+Rocket.jpg

Thanks Hoody, he does look good there. Does his fur look more natural at shelf distance? Macro shots tend to separate the paint layering out. The V2 has that nice shiny look to it comparatively.

Thanks Hoody, he does look good there. Does his fur look more natural at shelf distance? Macro shots tend to separate the paint layering out. The V2 has that nice shiny look to it comparatively.

Fur looks fine to me. To be honest just looking at him at a normal distance and even up close the fur texture looks normal. Not something I even really think about.

I guess if you were taking close up photos, or comparing them side by side then you would see differences. But how often do you do that ?

That shot is how he looks to me. Does the fur look out of place in that photo ?

This is one of the first HT sets I bought and has been on constant display since purchase. I generally tend to get just one figure of each character, so, the only way I would get another Rocket is if they included real hair.

Just picked this set up from eBay for a good price and I’m wondering if there have been comparison shots of the volume 2 rocket next to this one and what the differences are? I’ll comb through the threads to see if there are any.

Just picked this set up from eBay for a good price and I’m wondering if there have been comparison shots of the volume 2 rocket next to this one and what the differences are? I’ll comb through the threads to see if there are any.

Look at xen0morph's review on YouTube. He thoroughly explores it.

Just picked this set up for $160 at a local toy show.

I know it on the older side but I like full sized Groot and don’t reall feel teen Groot from Infinity War.

Back