1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh, the EX is just the stick version of potted groot... I doubt many will care for displaying that over grown potted groot which is in the reg version also.

Eh, the EX is just the stick version of potted groot... I doubt many will care for displaying that over grown potted groot which is in the reg version also.

oh I don't know... any potted Groot + Rocket = cute!!!
rocket_raccoon_and_groot_by_rainbowspine-d7u5kgk.png

Scared me there, haha. I didn't realize there was an EX version and that it went to waitlist. Was this recent? I'm glad the regular is still available and that it comes w/ a potted baby Groot. I almost thought only the EX did, not realizing there were 2 versions. I don't mind not having a twig Groot.

Scared me there, haha. I didn't realize there was an EX version and that it went to waitlist. Was this recent? I'm glad the regular is still available and that it comes w/ a potted baby Groot. I almost thought only the EX did, not realizing there were 2 versions. I don't mind not having a twig Groot.

It only recently went to waitlist I think

I always wondered what made that twig Rocket had so special that Groot came back from that.... they were all over the place :lol
groots.jpg

I'm kind of wanting to get the set of Groot and Rocket, but I'm in the UK and have not bought from Sideshow before. It'd really be more money than I should be spending anyway, but I'm wondering how much, roughly, shipping would be, and also VAT. Does anyone here have experience with having things sent from Sideshow to the UK? I want to see if I can figure out how much extra I can expect to pay to get it over here before I decide to go for it.

I'm kind of wanting to get the set of Groot and Rocket, but I'm in the UK and have not bought from Sideshow before. It'd really be more money than I should be spending anyway, but I'm wondering how much, roughly, shipping would be, and also VAT. Does anyone here have experience with having things sent from Sideshow to the UK? I want to see if I can figure out how much extra I can expect to pay to get it over here before I decide to go for it.

You are probably better getting this set from a UK retailer. You would save a lot of money in fees for importing it. I ordered from Sideshow but thats just for the exclusive but thats waitlisted now.
Shipping from Sideshow would probably be $30 or $40. Then you will have at least £50 in import fees, probably more.

This set is £270 on Zavvi.com and free shipping and no fees :wink1:

As above, deffo order from UK for all HTs unless you want the exclusive. I've got this set, Starlord and Deadpool on order from SS and it's gonna cost a bomb but it's worth it for me.

I have Gamora on order for £150 from collectiblesdirect.co.uk and you can flex pay on that site.

As above, deffo order from UK for all HTs unless you want the exclusive. I've got this set, Starlord and Deadpool on order from SS and it's gonna cost a bomb but it's worth it for me.

I have Gamora on order for £150 from collectiblesdirect.co.uk and you can flex pay on that site.

How does the flex pay work with them? I don't see any option for that on the purchase page

You select 'Use Layaway Plan' from the drop-down menu on the order page.

But you usually save some money by paying up front.

oh right, so you just choose your own deposit amount, as opposed to Sideshows method of monthly payments. I like Sideshows method better but thats still pretty handy.

I'd much rather pay up front though, I think thats much better

oh right, so you just choose your own deposit amount, as opposed to Sideshows method of monthly payments. I like Sideshows method better but thats still pretty handy.

I'd much rather pay up front though, I think that's much better

Yeah total freedom to pay what you want when you want, as long as its paid off within x amount of months after release, or something.
Great customer service too :)

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a preorder for $300 plus $30 shipping on the regular version (have a coupon). Do you guys think the 2 pack and/or singles will end up on discount for Sideshow's Spooktacular? I can't decide if I should wait it out or not.

Got on the waitlist for the exclusive a couple days ago. Already converted. Looks like I'll be getting the whole team if they ever release drax.

Back