1/6 Hot Toys -- Guardians of the Galaxy - Groot & Rocket

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm up to the last flex payment. Anyone know if Sideshow will let me cancel and move the money to another fig? I'm just not interested in this anymore.

and that's generally why there are NRDs.

:rotfl
51a885adafa96f3e8b000e1d.gif

and that's generally why there are NRDs.

Yep, and penalties on Flex are even worse.

Blows my mind, if you're not 100% intent on buying something, why preorder it and even worse put it on flex :slap:

I mean, yeah possibility of selling out and missing out, but Cmon this hobby is expensive if your not commited to spend the money I wouldn't do it :lol

It's not a matter of the money. Wanted it when it was announced. Planned on getting the whole set. Drax is questionable if it's released, Gamora has elbow tearing problems, and this keeps getting pushed back, so I'm bailing on the whole line. Just sold my Star Lord EX even. If they dont do it or the penalties to stiff I'll just sell it and get back my costs it's no big deal, just rather switch it and get something I want now instead of waiting another 2 months and then sell and ship it myself.

Also NRD only comes into play if you canceled before. You get a grace one which I havent used yet.

You should be able to get all your money back with no penalties. There are consumer protection laws in place so when items get delayed you're not held in limbo. There's a federal statute and definitely a California one if you live there.
With all these delays you should be entitled to getting your money back without losing any money, deposit and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the NRD will be an issue but there are pretty big penalties for Flex (especially cancelling this late into it), since it costs SSC time and money to maintain. Those penalties are all accepted when one orders, so I don't think there's any getting out of it, unless the CSR makes a judgment call in one's favour.

Thanks for the info everyone! I finally had time to call today and I did indeed get a refund in full with no penalties. :) Now to shop for my next figure.

Thanks for the info everyone! I finally had time to call today and I did indeed get a refund in full with no penalties. :) Now to shop for my next figure.

WOW...Sideshow people really are nice...

Gamorra's elbows cracking?
It is a fact that Drax will be released. Period. He has been made and shown in many fairs and it is part of the GOTG cash cow. They will never leave that slot unfilled.

Gamorra's elbows cracking?
It is a fact that Drax will be released. Period. He has been made and shown in many fairs and it is part of the GOTG cash cow. They will never leave that slot unfilled.

Been reading about a number of Gamoras have a problem with bending their elbows and some part of the elbow poking thru the plastic skin when you bend them, there is enough of them that Sideshow is starting to give customers a hard time about returning.

As for Drax it's unknown if he will be released. Hot Toys shows promos of figs at lots of shows and then not release them. Lone Ranger (which like Guardians has a figure released from the movie Tonto) , 1966 Batmobile, Prometheus line, Batman Returns Keaton, and those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Nothing is a sure thing until it is released, and Drax hasnt even gotten a preorder yet, while the other figs all got theirs about 9 months ago. With two released already.

I don't think the NRD will be an issue but there are pretty big penalties for Flex (especially cancelling this late into it), since it costs SSC time and money to maintain. Those penalties are all accepted when one orders, so I don't think there's any getting out of it, unless the CSR makes a judgment call in one's favour.

I don't know what csr is but Sideshow is still required to abide by state's consumer protection laws.

Difference with Drax though is he will be in upcoming movies so In my opinion he will eventually get released at some point.

I agree there. I think he will be in the next round of figs for the second movie, but I'm feeling he wont be in this one this late in the game.

I don't know what csr is but Sideshow is still required to abide by state's consumer protection laws.

Doesn't Sideshow have the whole "You agree to our Terms and Service" and could potentially mention the whole push back dates and what not in there to the point where they legally have you out of the state consumer protection law? Just saying

Doesn't Sideshow have the whole "You agree to our Terms and Service" and could potentially mention the whole push back dates and what not in there to the point where they legally have you out of the state consumer protection law? Just saying

I'm far too lazy to read through the terms and conditions but there is most likely a certain extension period that they have in the purchase contract before they're in breach of contract.
When you place your order, it's based on the delivery date stated in your order, when this date hasn't been met, they're technically in breach of contract. They're probably allowed a reasonable period of time to deliver the goods and being in California, my guess is that period is much shorter than other states. My only experience with this is a class I took in law school so I'm certainly not an expert and there's probably a few people on here who know way more than I do.
Sideshow is very reasonable with these things so my guess is they would help you out regardless.

Back