1/6 Hot Toys : "Fugitive" Predator (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fourth. They appear to be using it with Endor Luke as well. This particular version on this Predator looks like the one they used for the deluxe Chirrut Imwe, repainted with lighter sand and a blue water puddle to look like the beach on Scarrif.

Though to be honest, I would have use for it.....with Classic Predator, or my Shoretrooper if they go with the lighter sand one.

I have to be honest. I don't like the design and how the figure looks in general. But the pose is great !!

39442723_10155694296837344_9173649608490876928_n.jpg

Reused hands from AVP Predators, reused feet from P2/Elder Predator

Can’t believe Hot toys is reusing the old Predator 1 base . They must be trying to cut cost . It’s pretty unimaginative .

Its a Predator figure, I’m just happy we are getting another to add to the shelf. 2016 and 2017 saw nothing, so i will happily take this guy, reused parts or not.

The longer it goes without them doing so, the more and more I believe that the Classic Predator also served as the JH 2.0. Probably why it included that non-BD mask.

Similar to what they did with JL Wonder Woman also serving as a solo Wonder Woman film representation by including the black cloak she wore in the solo film, despite her never having worn it in JL.

The longer it goes without them doing so, the more and more I believe that the Classic Predator also served as the JH 2.0. Probably why it included that non-BD mask.

Similar to what they did with JL Wonder Woman also serving as a solo Wonder Woman film representation by including the black cloak she wore in the solo film, despite her never having worn it in JL.

Well it is too bad if it is true. To be honest their truly good predator is the upcoming Wolf imo (Which I pre ordered.). It is very accurate at every way. Other than that I never really liked their Predator line at all (Their AvP preds actually are pretty good too, but I just do not like them from the movie.). This one so far does not look convincing. Something is off about it.

I’ve been a fan of their Predator line. They all have their inaccuracies, some more so than others, but then again, so does almost every other 1/6 figure. I do concur that I think their AvP Preds are probably the best. My Scar is one of my favorite pieces in my entire collection. I personally liked the designs and after watching AvP again a few more times, I actually enjoy it now more than what I used to. AvPR I still can’t get into beyond the Wolf vs Aliens scenes.

I’ve been a fan of their Predator line. They all have their inaccuracies, some more so than others, but then again, so does almost every other 1/6 figure. I do concur that I think their AvP Preds are probably the best. My Scar is one of my favorite pieces in my entire collection. I personally liked the designs and after watching AvP again a few more times, I actually enjoy it now more than what I used to. AvPR I still can’t get into beyond the Wolf vs Aliens scenes.

Yeah those films just come down to personal preference. I mean they are both rather bad but personally I like Requim way more that AvP. I honestly can't stand that film and have no interest in any Predator figure from that film. Needless to say I am excited about the upcoming Wolf fig as I have neither of the originals.

So I guess you are not planning to buy Wolf from Hot toys than?

No, I am. Wolf is one of my favorite Predators. I merely approach AvPR as a solo Wolf film and disregard the side plots.

There’s a video on YouTube that is a compilation video of Wolf’s screen time in AvPR. That’s pretty much all I need to watch.

Yeah those films just come down to personal preference. I mean they are both rather bad but personally I like Requim way more that AvP. I honestly can't stand that film and have no interest in any Predator figure from that film. Needless to say I am excited about the upcoming Wolf fig as I have neither of the originals.

Indeed they do. I personally found the concept of the pyramid below the Antarctic to serve as a Predator training ground to be pretty cool. I used to not really like either and only liked AvP slightly more than AvPR, but after watching both a few times again recently, I’ve come to enjoy AvP more than what I used to and still can’t get into AvPR beyond Wolf’s scenes.

I hope Wolf gets released soon in HK. He’s probably my most anticipated figure this year.

Do any of you guys plan on getting the larger Predator as well from this upcoming film? Or just this one? Or neither?

AvP1 is a durable action movie. Not great, but good one. It has some up and downs, and SURE it happens in some alternative reality that has nothing in common with an Alien and the Predator. Me personally hate that they used one same predator suit for all the characters: main trio, ancient ones and even for the elder at the end. it's the same suit, *********! ><
---> But we have some very nice figures by HotToys. They fixed their faces and some anatomy. Those predators looks great! And I don't know why we have no Chopper 2.0 to date.

AvP:R is a TERRIBLE movie, the disaster, the mess. It's close to unwatchable, but it's not too bad to be good, like The Room. It's a pour movie even it have some good promise. Still we have a very effective and colourful predator in there. And the hybrids' design is great too, imho.
---> We'll get our ultimate Wolf by HotToys soon. Looks awesome at the promo photos.

Predators was just OK. It was too chip to be great. Saying honestly, I do like the plot. Almost everything about it. It's cool for it's setup. But we have some very-very extremely cheap alien planet. Few weeks ago I watched the Annihilation movie (2018, with N. Portman) and I'm 99% sure that if they have enough funds and talent in Predators to make something similar with the environment - the movie would be great. BTW, go and watch Annihilation, it's awesome! Thou predators suits were pretty lazy, thanks KNB.
---> And again great figures by HotToys (with extremely LAME artificial leather, geeeeh! >< )

The Predator 2018... Well... The Fugitive predator looks just lame. The design is so out of place that I don't even know where to start. Predators doesn't see colors, so they don't give a $h1t about color design. This guy looks like a GUCCI product. It's shiny, that is bad for cloaking. And the armor looks very cheap, like a Halloween IronMan suit .
---> I'm not sure that HotToys will be able to fix it. It's just one very poorly designed modern style character. And I'm not happy with it at all. (((( But the assassin looks interesting so far, we need to see it in action and inside the plot.

SO.

I just LOVE predators' figures.
But I don't have Samurai, because it's an absurd nonsense.
I don't have AvP1 Ancient too - because it's too repetitive for me. 4X similar AvP1 predators are enough.
And I'm not sure that I'll pick up the new one. Just because it doesn't look like the predator to me. Looks like the lady bag by GUCCI.

Last edited:
No, I am. Wolf is one of my favorite Predators. I merely approach AvPR as a solo Wolf film and disregard the side plots.

There’s a video on YouTube that is a compilation video of Wolf’s screen time in AvPR. That’s pretty much all I need to watch.

Indeed they do. I personally found the concept of the pyramid below the Antarctic to serve as a Predator training ground to be pretty cool. I used to not really like either and only liked AvP slightly more than AvPR, but after watching both a few times again recently, I’ve come to enjoy AvP more than what I used to and still can’t get into AvPR beyond Wolf’s scenes.

I hope Wolf gets released soon in HK. He’s probably my most anticipated figure this year.

Do any of you guys plan on getting the larger Predator as well from this upcoming film? Or just this one? Or neither?

Yeah same here. To me he is my favorite after the jungle hunter. Also I have a 30 minute cut from AvPR. It is only about Wolf basically lol. So this is what I am watching hehe. Also both movies are terrible but I just cannot even watch the first. The predators from it are just laughably bad...especially scar. I just cannot watch that Batman and Robin stuff. Wolf on the other hand...is brilliant. Too bad that he is wasted in that monstrosity.

i think rodrigators were made a lot better than anything ADI ever puked concerning predators.
design is debatable, yes, but execution was much better than avp/avpr.
but i'm lame in that matter.

Back