1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interested to see how long that tape lasts. Magnets would be OK, but glue applied to pleather never seems to work out well long term. Unless the magnets can be put inside the collar which could be possible by cutting one or two stitches on the inner side of the collar perhaps.

Will need to check when he arrives.

Or perhaps someone could check now if that could be theoretically possible. I have some low power magnets which are only about 5mm in diamater. They would be enough I'd say, and easy to slip 2x2 into the collar I'm guessing.

You could just get a 5mm magnet in there, though I wouldn't like to try it.

The tape was the least invasive or potentially damaging solution. I was doubtful, but this stuff is really sticky.

Hot Toys pleather and tape...seems like a recipe for peeling to me.

Hot Toys pleather and tape...seems like a recipe for peeling to me.

If it does then I'll glue the whole lot down and be done with it.

Before applying the tape the collar was sticking up as on a vampire's cape, and the wire inside was doing no good whatsoever.

There needed to be two short wires sewn into the ends which could hold the folds in place, but I wouldn't fancy opening up the ends and having to stitch them back together to insert wires or magnets.

The wire in the hem of the cape isn't very strong either, and Jedha Patrol just mentioned the same with the Tusken in his new review video.

I got multiple folds into it to try to make it drape, but it's hard to get it to do exactly what you want as I couldn't detect any vertical wires you could use to shape it over his arm, for instance.

51636867957_40f9b2abdc_b.jpg

You could just get a 5mm magnet in there, though I wouldn't like to try it.

The tape was the least invasive or potentially damaging solution. I was doubtful, but this stuff is really sticky.
OK cool, I'll need to see when I get mine then. He's on the way somewhere.

If it does then I'll glue the whole lot down and be done with it.

Before applying the tape the collar was sticking up as on a vampire's cape, and the wire inside was doing no good whatsoever.

There needed to be two short wires sewn into the ends which could hold the folds in place, but I wouldn't fancy opening up the ends and having to stitch them back together to insert wires or magnets.

The wire in the hem of the cape isn't very strong either, and Jedha Patrol just mentioned the same with the Tusken in his new review video.

I got multiple folds into it to try to make it drape, but it's hard to get it to do exactly what you want as I couldn't detect any vertical wires you could use to shape it over his arm, for instance.

51636867957_40f9b2abdc_b.jpg
Yes, it would have been helpful to have more wire on the cape, especially the side, but you have it looking pretty good there. Great ESB display. Eh, whose head is that lolling on the ground there? :)

Yes, it would have been helpful to have more wire on the cape, especially the side, but you have it looking pretty good there. Great ESB display. Eh, whose head is that lolling on the ground there? :)

Thanks!

That's young Han Solo from the Mudtrooper figure.

Love it! :clap Good to see your Lando's finally home!
I was planning to do the "choked by a wookie" pose but ran out of time when taking my pics.:gah::lol
Cheers.
Love the figure,but those pics were super fast before sleep took hold of me last night.
Will get some better lighted ones today.
Cape is hard to work woth and wished they used material similiar to Dooku or Vader for easy draping.
Otherwise..EXCELLENT addition to my collection.

Back