1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine finally arrived from TBA. Great figure. The cape is a bit of a pain but the wires definitely help. The collar is the worst offender though. Might have to resort to some double sided tape, but will see if it settles over time first,
28833261-AFA0-4420-8C5D-07A03C4F20E7.jpeg

Attachments

• D456C019-631A-423A-B2F9-6DB66FC9AE57.jpeg
    D456C019-631A-423A-B2F9-6DB66FC9AE57.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 26
I haven't got mine yet, but that cape looks very awkward/hard to futz.

HT should've opted for magnets instead of using elastics?

Yeah I don't get the idea for elastics, maybe it's too dynamic for magnets? My collar is pretty wacked out but I still like the figure a lot.

Shame this figure feels like a 7-8 out of 10. As Wor mentioned earlier, a necked sculpt doesn't make sense with the v-neck shirt. Still somewhat excited for it but wanted this to be Krennic/Tarkin level execution, since it's a pretty simple figure outfit wise, and it isn't.

660960B9-6009-4846-AC18-C427011BFAE4.jpeg

Mine finally arrived from TW, great figure, my collection feels a lot more complete with him. Cape was a bit of a pain to work with but still looks great. Thanks to Davejames for the pose inspiration! My only gripe was that he should have come with the styrofoam backdrop that Leia had. The cardboard one you get with him is pretty crappy.

First impressions:

The Kenner inspired box is so nostalgic.

The sculpt looks great to me. It's wider and slightly lighter than Sideshow's Skiff Guard head.

Removing his trousers, to try the old Sideshow pair, revealed that his shirt has an elasticated strap that goes between his legs to keep it pulled down. That's an old Sideshow trick I've rarely seen since.

The HT trousers are far too narrow legged, whereas Sideshow's are genuine bell bottoms. The old pair fit fine for both length, and waist in spite of the ample padding the HT has. This surprised me considering the Prometheus 1.0 was a skinny little body.

The colour differs quite a bit. The Hot Toys are a very dark blue/black, whereas Sideshow's are navy blue and closer to the colour of the Billy Dee Williams costume stills.

Hot Toys' blaster is tiny compared to Sideshow's, and ultra glossy.

Now to put his boots back on and see how he looks.

First impressions of the cape collar...

:gah:

I couldn't get it to stay folded over at all. Not even close. The wire runs lengthways inside and is only good for shaping it around his neck, as with the old Sideshow.

I thought about gluing it down, then chose to use double sided tape instead as it'd be safer. It actually works well.

Also found the cape itself hard to shape because there's no vertical wires to train it to emulate the weight of the fabric, and the wire in the hem is thin and doesn't have a lot of 'shaping power'.

I'm having a hard job getting a natural pose out of him due to the limitations of the cape dictating his arm positions. It's going to take a bit of figuring out.

I tried different poses and settled on this one for now as a basis. I don't mind the straps showing as it's part of the original costume, and the cape falling off his shoulders, which happens when you put his arm outside it, is how it looked on Billy in the promo shot posted above.

He has the Sideshow trousers and blaster here:

100_1324.JPG
100_1325.JPG

Removing his trousers, to try the old Sideshow pair, revealed that his shirt has an elasticated strap that goes between his legs to keep it pulled down. That's an old Sideshow trick I've rarely seen since.
Was surprised to see this on the young Han Solo figure when I was breaking the figure down recently. It's very effective, though can make it a total pain to remove (as I was doing).

Though the Armorer and a coulpe DW Mandos left HK before him, Lando took the fast lane and landed in France today. He should be the first of a few figures to turn up into the collection in the next 6 to 8 weeks... assuming none get loft in the current freight transport chaos.

Back