1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"You may take Captain Solo to Jabba the Hutt after I have Skywalker"
IMG_20211102_121912_740.jpg

You got the Special Edition Lando...?
urgghhh.
When I first seen them list this i thought AWESOME!!
but then you realise there are so many other awesome backgrounds they could have used,even a repeat of Leias would have sufficed.
Even a little up background similiar to dlx Stormy but obviously Bespin would have been a good idea...but,Hot toys...

Okay now I'm starting to panic. It's been sitting in the hands of HK post for 16 days and still has not departed. I only have a couple more preorders through HK sellers then after that I think I'm done. At least until they get this crap sorted out.

Lando's outfit really worries me. Those boots look like they'll crack and the pleather looks like it'll flake eventually.
I'm going backwards and forwards on this figure. First world problems...

What do you think the chances are of Hot Toys doing ROTJ General Calrissian?

Lando's outfit really worries me. Those boots look like they'll crack and the pleather looks like it'll flake eventually.
I'm going backwards and forwards on this figure. First world problems...

What do you think the chances are of Hot Toys doing ROTJ General Calrissian?

I don't think they will make the ROTJ, but I suppose it's possible since the can just reuse the sculpt.

Okay now I'm starting to panic. It's been sitting in the hands of HK post for 16 days and still has not departed. I only have a couple more preorders through HK sellers then after that I think I'm done. At least until they get this crap sorted out.
Hrm…yeah, mines only been sitting with HK post for a couple of days but I’m guessing I’m going to hit the same delays as everyone else.
Just going to have to resist refreshing the tracking for a while so I don’t get frustrated.

Got mine from TBA and it came to France in 5 days as well. For some reason, another 6 figures from TBA, KG and TW are still on the way even though half supposedly took off earlier than Lando.

Anyway, glad i actually got a new figure to set up. Even after some ironing, i couldn't get the cape to look good enough on Lando. Finally decided to go for a cape less Lando pose for the time being.

I wonder how hard it is to swap out the SS ESB Lando's boots for this one...

The HT boots pull off pretty easily.

The Sideshow boots have the same peg design, but I didn't check whether the peg holes were compatible. At the moment I have the Sideshow boots on a TTM19 clone body, so they ought to work fine. If they're too loose you can put a bit of blue tack in the holes.

I wonder how hard it is to swap out the SS ESB Lando's boots for this one...

Exactly what I’d like to know. I’d love to see pics from someone who’s made the swap.

Okay, here are the SS boots (and SS trousers) on the HT:

100_1341.JPG

100_1342.JPG

Because they're significantly smaller they make the bell bottoms appear more... bell bottomy!

472c773c346bcf60431e232b8823b4d1--billy-dee-the-empire-strikes-back.jpg

Back