1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why I hate ordering from China. Whether it’s an eBay seller, seller on IG, or “official storefront”, I always seem to get a run around. Paid for Lando when it said he was IN STOCK and ready to ship from TW. This is the email I get:

“Hi customer, for Item MMS588 The Empire Strikes Back- Lando Calrissian Collectible Figure, Thank you for your email.
We sincerely apologize that there were two consecutive typhoons in Hong Kong last week causing serious delays of shipments. Due to the further production delay by the manufacturer, estimated arrival date is before end of Oct 2021. Should you have any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.”
It's definitely frustrating when it seems to happen all the time.

I’m very happy with how this figure turned out. Initially when preordering, I was concerned with the head sculpt. But having him now in hand, I can say, the head sculpt is nothing to worry about. It looks great! And while the rest of the figure is very minimalistic compared to other figures, Lando has great shelf presence. I say minimalistic because there’s not much to him. But that’s ok he’s classic Lando and he looks awesome with my collection.

A couple of notes…

The cape is made out of a material that doesn’t drape well. I wish it was heavier. It took a lot of futzing to get it to fall right. The collar of the cape is also a pain to get the desired look.

There’s not much slack in the shirt. It’s pretty tight, although I was able to untuck it a little so that it doesn’t look so tight. You can tell there’s a body suit underneath, so for some of you it might look better with the suit removed so that the shirt won’t be so tight.

Also the collar of the shirt can’t really be pulled down much because you see where the neck attaches to the body. It might have been better if HT would have used a body with a seamless neck and have the head sculpt attach with a neck peg like Sideshow’s Skiff Lando.

Now if I could only get Bespin Han & Bespin Escape Leia!
Nice shots! Head sculpt looks terrific but i wish the bottom of the pants were a tad wider.

The head sculpt is looking good in more and more in-hand photos. Cool looking display with the other ESB figures, too!

I'm patiently waiting on Sideshow to get them in and shipped out.
Thanks! Mine came from Sideshow. So I’m not sure why you haven’t received a shipping notice yet. Unless they shipped out all of there initial allotment of figures. I did preorder him very earlier on.

Yeah the sculpt looks fantastic there.

One thing I just noticed is that the inner hem of the cape appears really uneven on either side of some of these. Really hope mine won't have that issue.
Yeah the inner hem of the cape is off a bit. But it’s just about an inch from that side of the cape that’s uneven. The rest is very uniform. I’m curious as well to see if this will be the case with all of them or only some. I looked at some reference photos to see if this was an intentional mistake like with Vader’s ANH dome being uneven, and in the pics I’ve seen it seems to me that the inner cape is separated from (not afixed to) the outer cape or at least it appears that way in some photos.

I’d also point out that the inner cape separates very easily from the outer cape away from the hemmed areas. So when you are futzing the cape, the inner material has a tendency to buckle away from the outer cape therefore it’s hard to get sharp folds.

Attachments

• E7862E55-11E8-41D3-A019-64832991E73C.jpeg
    E7862E55-11E8-41D3-A019-64832991E73C.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 107
Yeah the inner hem of the cape is off a bit. But it’s just about an inch from that side of the cape that’s uneven. The rest is very uniform. I’m curious as well to see if this will be the case with all of them or only some. I looked at some reference photos to see if this was an intentional mistake like with Vader’s ANH dome being uneven, and in the pics I’ve seen it seems to me that the inner cape is separated from (not afixed to) the outer cape or at least it appears that way in some photos.

I’d also point out that the inner cape separates very easily from the outer cape away from the hemmed areas. So when you are futzing the cape, the inner material has a tendency to buckle away from the outer cape therefore it’s hard to get sharp folds.
Interesting so the blue shade matches the HT production almost exactly. For some reason I always thought the blue was a bit darker or even that the cape was slightly darker than the shirt, I guess we can blame Hasbro for that lol.
32AE5C7B-EE0F-4E3C-8392-256044A0B74C.jpeg

Just watched Jedha's review of this. Be sure to check Lando's chin. His has had paint chip/flaw and apparently others have had the same issue. I was considering ordering a second from HK but now I'm glad I didn't. I'll just wait for my Sideshow order to come through and if I still want another can always reorder after that.

Just watched Jedha's review of this. Be sure to check Lando's chin. His has had paint chip/flaw and apparently others have had the same issue. I was considering ordering a second from HK but now I'm glad I didn't. I'll just wait for my Sideshow order to come through and if I still want another can always reorder after that.
Oh man, that stinks. Hope I don't end up with one of those.

This is why I hate ordering from China. Whether it’s an eBay seller, seller on IG, or “official storefront”, I always seem to get a run around. Paid for Lando when it said he was IN STOCK and ready to ship from TW. This is the email I get:

“Hi customer, for Item MMS588 The Empire Strikes Back- Lando Calrissian Collectible Figure, Thank you for your email.
We sincerely apologize that there were two consecutive typhoons in Hong Kong last week causing serious delays of shipments. Due to the further production delay by the manufacturer, estimated arrival date is before end of Oct 2021. Should you have any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.”
I hear you. I ordered from TW 10 days ago, thinking that seeing id paid for 3-5 days shipping speed, I’d have him late this week. All DHL has for tracking at the moment is “shipping information recieved“ meaning TW haven’t even sent the item yet. At this point I doubt I’ll be buying anything else from them.

I hear you. I ordered from TW 10 days ago, thinking that seeing id paid for 3-5 days shipping speed, I’d have him late this week. All DHL has for tracking at the moment is “shipping information recieved“ meaning TW haven’t even sent the item yet. At this point I doubt I’ll be buying anything else from them.
You ordered right in the middle of the two typhoon warnings they experienced which required businesses to suspend services there. They’re probably still trying to catch up with orders. I have a couple that say the same thing that I ordered during the closure.

You ordered right in the middle of the two typhoon warnings they experienced which required businesses to suspend services there. They’re probably still trying to catch up with orders. I have a couple that say the same thing that I ordered during the closure.
Fair enough, that's some peace of mind at least.

And people who ordered with TBA are in the same boat (err, plane...) with typhoon delays.

I'm sure I'm not alone with the "Cleared and awaiting international departure" message that's been sitting there for a few days now.

Ugh, so this is like the Royal Guard (prominent spot/s on robe front) and Leia Hoth (dots covering costume) all over again with the nervous box opening. :lol

Hopefully I'm not in the "hello, what have we here...." camp.:pray:

And people who ordered with TBA are in the same boat (err, plane...) with typhoon delays.

I'm sure I'm not alone with the "Cleared and awaiting international departure" message that's been sitting there for a few days now.
Yep..still the same for me.

I ordered Lando on the 8th with DHL 4 day shipping and just got him today because of those Typhoon shut downs. I have a couple more ordered shortly after him that I’m waiting on to get moving.

One good thing is that my Lando is defect free. :yess:
who did you order from Coco?

I know TBA offers hassle free returns,so if there is some chip off the chin or something,I'll just ask if I can have it replaced and sent back.
I've noted there has been another price drop on Lando from TBA too..

who did you order from Coco?

I know TBA offers hassle free returns,so if there is some chip off the chin or something,I'll just ask if I can have it replaced and sent back.
I've noted there has been another price drop on Lando from TBA too..
Yeah, I REALLY hope I don't get that chip on the chin. It's probably more a paint smudge to be honest.

I actually had that once on Mudtrooper Han. Very similar position on the chin. The paint was somehow smudged before the clear coat was applied.

I ended up sending the head back, and it needed to be sent to Hot Toys factory to be repainted. The Mudtrooper was pretty rare at that point, so they couldn't simply swap it out with spares.

Anyway, it took a long time. 3-4 months minimum. With a bit of luck they catch this and paint some more headsculpts for quick replacement, as it sounds somewhat common.

Again HT QC is lacking.

Last edited:
Back