1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really excited about receiving Lando soon. It's nice to finally get a true OT figure, as it's been a while, for me.

The head sculpt was really my only area of concern but those have been allayed, based on the latest pics and videos.

Although a small issue, in the scope of things, I'm surprised that HT missed the slight bell-bottom detail of the pants.

Looks like all the positive reviews are getting some folks off the fence. BBTS just put up the Sold Out on PO's Took a while...

Here we go!!!!
Finally some movement!!
This was 7hrs ago.
TBA if anyone is curious where I've bought from.
Screenshot_20211015-171721_AusPost.jpg

Just finished watching Justin's video.

What a phenomenal figure.
Cape looks gorgeous and what a beautiful headsculpt.

Come on Hot toys-Bespin Han,Escape Leia,Chewie with backpack carrying 3PO!!.

Lobot for the die hards like me,and with the small bodies of Jawa,Wicket and of course Kuill-an Ugnaught will be a no brainer.
Oh..and Bespin Guards with alternative headsculpts!!!

Lobot for the die hards like me,and with the small bodies of Jawa,Wicket and of course Kuill-an Ugnaught will be a no brainer.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Lando to see him first hand, and then see if his cape can be wrangled into shape. lol

The cape collar and the narrow trouser legs are holding him back, and if those could be rectified then this will truly be a standout figure. For the collar it sounds like the wire isn't strong enough to hold itself in place, and some have resorted to glue which worries me in case it pulls free and tears the pleather. I'm holding out hope that the trousers from Sideshow's Lando will work.

Bespin Han is clearly the most mystifying omission. Escape Leia and Chewie with Threepio would be fairly easy releases since many of the parts have already been produced.

Lobot would be an instant preorder too, though I could see an Ugnaught two-pack with the two species variants being more likely.

latest

According to the Milk Magazine interview last May Howard truly fell in love with Star Wars due to the design, effects, cinematography, music and story of The Empire Strikes Back.

Stop stealing my dreams.

Due to the time difference, it’s taken from Monday to today for TW to inform me that Lando will be available soon, offer a shipping methods and send the invoice for my selection.
It’s the same when I need any customer service for figures though; basically one message per day or 1.5 days.

Time to watch Justin’s review while I begin the last phase of waiting!

So glad for everyone who got this already. I cannot wait. He looks great with bespin leia. Hurry up sideshow.

Anyone got a Bespin Leia stand and backdrop they dont want?

I'm a little bummed they went with a Special Edition image for the cardboard backdrop. That and a big mean crease through the middle.

I wonder why they didn't just reissue the Leia Bespin molded backdrop. It was just cheapo insert tray type plastic so wasn't a huge cost.

Back