1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Lando Calrissian (Bespin version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And people who ordered with TBA are in the same boat (err, plane...) with typhoon delays.

I'm sure I'm not alone with the "Cleared and awaiting international departure" message that's been sitting there for a few days now.

Same here as well. Beside my Armorer from TW that finally took off on the 18th, i have two TBA orders and one from KGH desperately stuck in some HK Post warehouse.

Quick outa the box, no cape, no fuss no muss shot.

Initial in hand impression is that it’s a decent sculpt with a poor choice of expression.
Clothing is top notch.
Boots are definitely too big.

I think it’s a situation of I’m more excited to finally have a decent interpretation of a 1/6 ESB Lando on the shelf rather than being excited to have a definitive 1/6 interpretation on the shelf.

DD5D8398-CAF7-41B7-894C-82BFCC18ADBD.jpeg

Quick outa the box, no cape, no fuss no muss shot.

Initial in hand impression is that it’s a decent sculpt with a poor choice of expression.
Clothing is top notch.
Boots are definitely too big.

I think it’s a situation of I’m more excited to finally have a decent interpretation of a 1/6 ESB Lando on the shelf rather than being excited to have a definitive 1/6 interpretation on the shelf.

He's looking good.

The boots being too big might be helped if the old Sideshow trousers fit. I was going to try that since they're not so narrow, but Sideshow's Prometheus 1.0 body wasn't very tall, so they may end up being too short.

I finally got an update. Mine is arriving on Friday. That's only a week from when it was shipped, which is not too bad considering the typhoon.

He's looking good.

The boots being too big might be helped if the old Sideshow trousers fit. I was going to try that since they're not so narrow, but Sideshow's Prometheus 1.0 body wasn't very tall, so they may end up being too short.
I'll have to pull out my SSC Lando but I'd be worried the SSC pants may not have the level of cut/sew to hold up on this fig. Sometimes the older SSC outfits hold up pretty well (the Rebel C'do outfit is still quite good) but in most cases they are too noticeably a lower cut/sew quality.

I've felt since day one that this sculpt is a 7.5/10 and it really seems to be one of those cases where the extreme realism helps smooth out the bumps of a only-decent likeness.

It is one of the sad things about HT's long road with 1/6 SW - there's been some very solid heads for sure, and even some creepy-accurate bulls-eyes (Tarkin, Krennic,) but the likenesses just haven't been as good as you would have hoped when HT announced they would be taking on the license. Not to mention many issues accurately recreating the iconic helmets of SW (again, some bullseyes like Snowie but many struggles with Fett, Vader and stormies.)

Mine is still seemingly another 2 weeks from arriving but the sense I get is it is going to be yet another case where you have two figures of a character with the Sideshow head having a great likeness but oversized, lacking in sculpt detail and meh paint standing next to a ultra-realistic HT head that nevertheless has only a just-okay/decent likeness. The SSC vs HT Ben is the classic example of that.

Yeah if you're going to iron any of these, definitely put a towel or something between iron and figure fabric.

Not sure how well the pleather in this case will like even that delicate treatment ??

Nice. This seems like a figure that looks best with other figures he shared scenes with. Boba, Vader, leia, and that’s all we have from empire...

Odd sculpt, this is...

In some pics, he looks really good and in others, he looks off.

My expectations have been bouncing up and down with this one. Hopefully in-hand I'll be happy with it.

Lando Calrissian Sideshow version with DX7 BD,wearing a Tatooine Luke cape 😁
View attachment 542304
Nice pairing! :clapI still think that old SSC Lando sculpt has a better BDW vibe even if its got a lot of issues (detail, size, paint apps, teeny irises etc) I posted this pic below last week in the Lando skiff thread of my SSC Lando head.

It will be interesting to get the new HT Lando next to all of my 1/6 Landos... if it ever leaves Hong Kong airport that is. :rotfl

SZ5As48.jpg

Back