Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^This. Even with recent figures it’s pretty clear how much more detail/depth/texturing the paint has on the sculpts. One quick example that comes to mind is the first ROTJ Luke vs the later Endor Luke, the paintwork is noticeably more detailed on the Endor version even though it only came out what, one year after the Jedi Luke?
Can you prove that?

Can you prove that?
I mean....yeah?

CDZdTJq.png
Y2TwmLf.png

I can see myself picking this one up as a replacement for the "clean" DX07, but the "dirty" version is still one of my favorite Hot Toys ever.
The outfit on the new one absolutely looks like an improvement on the original, I'm just not sold on that sculpt yet.
DSCF8081-2.jpg

The more and more I see images of this, the likeness of the sculpt is growing on me. Suit wise I prefer the DX07 so far, but maybe when this releases and I see how the final product looks, I may consider getting the regular version. This is my favorite version of Luke in all of SW, so perhaps I’ll display my clean DX07 figure with the blaster and then the 2.0 with the tousled hair and saber since I like both looks with this outfit.

Took me all of a day to reconsider, but there’s two years to mull it over. :lol No rush.

Yeah, if anything I would say that Hot Toys' paintwork is less good now than it was then. I got the Endgame Captain America and feel it is a step down from the previous Captain America sculpts I've had in the paint department.
I would argue that EG Cap’s face paint is a bit of an outlier as I agree it’s not the best. It looks almost blurry in a strange way to me. But then both EG Tony headsculpts (Tony Stank and updated version) have fantastic paint apps that look much better than EG Cap. Those are the newest Ht figures I have, but maybe someone else has something newer that can chime in if HT paint has downgraded or gotten better?

I can see myself picking this one up as a replacement for the "clean" DX07, but the "dirty" version is still one of my favorite Hot Toys ever.
The outfit on the new one absolutely looks like an improvement on the original, I'm just not sold on that sculpt yet.
View attachment 572208
I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. I think this sculpt looks the least like Mark Hamill of all the Luke figures. To me, the new one is a 100% improvement.

06B063D5-06A5-40B3-A335-29247431B11C.jpeg

To me the sculpt most resembles Luke from TBOBF. The very rigid and sharp hair-helmet doesn’t help, especially because of the lighting in some of the pictures.

That said, the likeness is there even if it’s not perfect and serves its purpose. I guess kind of like the CGI versions of Luke.

It feels like a large gap has been filled in the lineup and I think it’s a good update to an important appearance for Luke without taking anything away from those who still have DX07.

Back