Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I've never understood the love for that BD head. For all it's issues the new sculpt still looks miles better to me.
Of all the 1/6 SW characters, Luke seems to be the one that most prompts deep divisions of opinion on likeness - the "it looks spot-on" vs "I don't see it at all" debate.

Pretty much every Luke head - this newest one included - has had this same division.

The DX07 non-BD to me only had a passing MH likeness at best, yet it was adored for years (I remember a few of the high-end guys on here using it to replace the SSC face on the Hoth Luke) and seemed to be the gold standard Luke here. I finally bought one for a steal and... was equally unimpressed in-hand as much as it was in pics.

To me, Liza Minelli hair aisde (and yeah, slightly dated paint apps) the BD DX07 is still the best MH likeness, even if it's so scene-specific it's ridiculous. I also never got the dislike for the HT Luke Jedi head (copper hair aside,) or the like for the "Tooth Skywalker" HT Endor Luke head.

This is a figure that would benefit from some stringy 'rooted' hair.

Hear me, Leia...
(Doc Brown voice...) MARTY...?! :lol

wdulIxZ.png

Here’s your chance to grab new belts for your DX07! Oh and I guess it’s a brand-new figure too, whatever….

View attachment 571892

View attachment 571915

【Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back™ - 1/6th scale Luke Skywalker™ (Bespin™) Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version)】

“I can't keep the vision out of my head. They are my friends; I've got to help them.” – Luke Skywalker

In his path to become a Jedi™, Luke Skywalker headed to Dagobah™ in search of the great Jedi Master Yoda™. Luke trained hard, failing often but learning much from his wise master. During an exercise, the young Skywalker saw a vision of his friends in pain; Luke cut his training short -- against Yoda's wishes -- to help them in Cloud City on the planet of Bespin™ where Darth Vader™ awaited…

To further expand on the renowned DX series, Hot Toys is delighted to officially present a Deluxe Version 1/6th scale collectible figure of Luke Skywalker inspired by his journey from Dagobah to Bespin in order to help Han Solo™ and Princess Leia™ from the Empire.

The highly-accurate Luke Skywalker collectible figure is skillfully crafted based on his appearance in the movie. It features a head sculpt with great likeness and separate rolling eyeballs, two styles of interchangeable hair sculptures, finely tailored outfit, a LED light-up lightsaber, an interchangeable lightsaber blade emulating the weapon in motion, a blaster, and a carbon-freezing chamber themed base!

This Deluxe Version exclusively includes the vision of Luke seeing himself as Darth Vader and a Dagobah themed base!

Your Star Wars collection will surely be enhanced with this Luke Skywalker collectible figure inspired by one of the most memorable moments from the great film!

#LukeSkywalker #StarWars #TheEmpireStrikesBack #Lucasfilm #SWEP5 #HotToys #Collectibles #SixthScale
View attachment 571894

Holy ****! Let's ******* go!

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

AAAHHHHH!!!!!!! :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

I really like the OT a whole bunch and would like an OT Luke, and this lookssss good!!!!!

(Plus the SS Luke! :lol)

Looks pretty good. Much better than the original, to me. Still wonder if it would be better without the eye system that tends to throw things off

New sculpt is better, but I still prefer all you get with the DX07.

I'll grab the sculpt off eBay and that will be enough for me.

What scene are those silver fire hydrant looking things from anyway? Don't think I've ever noticed them before in the movie.

They're placed around the edge of the disc in the carbonite chamber:

Carbon.jpg

Sideshow had them aligned correctly with the grill on the base, but HT have offset them.

So hang on. 2 bases & 2 hairpieces and only one figure for the DX ? They forgot a figure....

88dSLHt.jpg

Last edited:
I don't get the argument that DX-07 had two figures at a lower price. It was a decade ago. Those who turn their head for this reason should look at a standard regular HT figure that they bought within the last 6 months. That's what this should be compared to. If you compare this to DX-07, then you should compare every trooper or character at this era to the similar prices of 2010.

Second, I never liked BD headsculpt. I chased after DX-07, but always dreamed of using non-BD headsculpt. The DX-25 headsculpt is far more resembles MH than DX-07.

Regarding reused parts, I think HT knows most DX-07 owners would skip this (I would if I had one), they are mainly releasing this for those who missed DX-07. Upgraders will be few in number. So, they might have considered there's no need to go for full R&D on this figure.

Back