Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unpolished yes. Rushed? Hell no. They had 2 different prototypes over the course of 4 years, which makes it worse because that was plenty of time to get it right.

Headsculpt looked different from BOBF to me. And I agree that while it's perfect from some angles, it also looks odd at others.
It’s 100% the Mando Luke sculpt, lightning aside.

9D7092F6-D2BF-405F-BB0B-32DCF33DE5FA.jpeg

I just noticed the belt is different on the new one.

On the DX07 the hanging ring is to the left of the lightsaber hook:

dx07.jpeg

One the new one the lightsaber hook is now to the left of the ring:

HT DX25 Luke Bespin 4.jpg

New version is correct:

luke.jpg

Attachments

• luke2.jpg
    luke2.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 36
I just noticed the belt is different on the new one.

On the DX07 the hanging ring is to the left of the lightsaber hook:

View attachment 571930

One the new one the lightsaber hook is now to the left of the ring:

View attachment 571929

New version is correct:

View attachment 571931
I believe two belts were used during filming, either that or the one they had was shortened by the time he got to Bespin- he wore a lot more bulk under it on Hoth. On Hoth and Dagobah the hook was closest to the buckle, and by the time he gets to Bespin it’s the other way around.
7EC5A466-F1B3-403F-B30E-C14694CDC495.png
BADA86DC-7C76-4C54-B132-28713BDDF36C.jpeg
F9507216-3557-408F-B3C9-89728181D66A.jpeg

If you look at the buckle the DX07 has that square stain in the centre like the real thing where this one is generic dirt.

EDIT: Seems Misterscruff kinda beat me to it. Kinda :lol

I literally just bought the DX07 two weeks ago. Thanks Hot Toys
No, thank you! Otherwise we'd still be waiting for it.

Now they've done this I reckon training Luke will be done eventually. They just need to stick the IW Thor style seamless arms and a vest on this and put a legless Yoda into a back pack.

Also notice in the staged Hoth pic I posted that he’s wearing the Bespin boots- HT still haven’t got them correct. The flared top part should not go all the way down to the sole.

"I've just seen, the Hot Toys Bespin Luke, and....nothing prepares you for this. I cheered. I shouted. I fist pumped the air. I cried. I stood and cheered. It's absolutely everything I hoped it was going to be. I'm so proud they've released it and I can't wait to pre-order it!"

Man, I'm so hyped for this, can you tell! :lol

No, thank you! Otherwise we'd still be waiting for it.

Now they've done this I reckon training Luke will be done eventually. They just need to stick the IW Thor style seamless arms and a vest on this and put a legless Yoda into a back pack.
😂 So what you’re saying is I should kitbash a Bespin Han immediately.

Well, the new sculpt is surely better, and the fit of the outfit is better... but I have to agree, is it worth $300 for the upgrade?
If one-sixth scale collecting is about having the best possible scale representation, then yes. Obviously the sculpt is better along with the paint and hair ... but if the outfit is improved than ... it is your destiny ...

I'm underwhelmed especially with the dagobah base and reused sideshow freezing chamber base, i think i have a few already. no backpack for yoda seems strange too.

Hmm not feeling all that blown away by this. The sculpt works fine from an angle but seems a little weird from straight on. And that outfit is way too damn clean, and kinda reminds me more of how he appeared on the Muppet Show. Lol

I guess it is an upgrade over my DX07 through so I'll probably pick it up at some point. Not in a rush to preorder though.
Yes, this looks like the "prototype" Bespin costume seen in the Muppet Show and multiple promo pics, which always visually appears to be a slightly paler fabric to the screen used costume, which is a slightly darker grey-taupe. The DX07 had the color better, but I guess this is just a proto.

The boots on this look terrible imo - not tall enough, chunky straps. The DX07 boots are starting to deteriorate on a few figs I've seen so it would have been nice if these boots looked as good or better.

The head looks really good from some angles but a little weird from others - almost like both hairpieces aren't quite big enough for the face - or something. Nice to see they swapped the face sculpt from what was shown on the proto.

The stand is funny - kind of a redo of the old SSC Boba Fett light-up Bespin stand.

Overall very glad to see this finally go to PO after nearly three years.

Back