Hot Toys DX24 & DX25 Bespin Luke Skywalker (Regular and Exclusive versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is that color difference on the Bespin outfit - the Muppet show/"proto" version ("pajamas" version) on left with new HT fig below, and the screen-used color and DX07 on the right.

It's I guess just a matter of weathering, and it's true the early DX07 proto pics had the same stark color difference to the final fig, but DX07 was a unique "outlier" fig for HT so that's why I assumed they showed those totally different unweathered pics (it was their first SW fig, and long before any others,)

Having it happen today - where they show the outfit in one color totally unweathered, then release it much darker and weathered is a little weird.

5DoSeXq.jpg

The more I look at this and think about it, after just reposing my DX07s, is that the new one is a bit redundant for me.

The only thing I really prefer is the new sculpt, and I don't trust that the production jacket will end up any longer. (The problem with the original release may be padding over his shoulders as they feel very spongy).

Happy for an ot release and I think it’s fine. Not too excited because I have the 07 and it’s mostly reusable parts. I’ll get it because I’m an idiot and I’ll use the dagobah base for my ss Yoda. I would have preferred a proper x wing, hoth, or yavin medal ceremony Luke, but at least it’s ot.
sad for no bespin escape leia tease.

The sculpt on this looks good from some angles, but average on other.

For example left looks like sweaty Pudgy Luke, right looks significantly better. Probably just lighting I guess.

Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 13.56.27.jpg

So the normal hair is just the exact same sculpt from the yet to be released Snowspeeder Luke? Hence why it looks so small on this new sculpt because it was designed with another head in mind?

Is there a chance they'll change the Snowspeeder Luke to this new headsculpt?

I feel like this new version is a sideways step rather than an improvement. It lacks any expression or emotion, which might make sense for the Mandalorian Luke, where he's is a Jedi Master and at peace with himself, but in ESB that isn't the case.

Still doesn’t look right to me. Luke looks ugly, the seams and costume aren’t that impressive and the eyes just don’t work. Wish they’d just go with painted eyes.

The lightsaber hilt looks too small in comparison to the belt and body too. Just a weird looking figure overall.

Again, just like other releases, there’s nothing really new here that blows me away. How awesome would this have been if they dropped the Carbon freezing theme and this doubled as Bespin/Dagobah training with a great Yoda, backpack and a new headsculpt. Maybe even one with handstand upside down hair and closed, focusing eyes.

It’s biggest crime is that it’s just boring. Where is the wow factor.

It looks good if unremarkable overall. I'll be getting it to go with my ESB Vader.

My favorite version of Luke, count me in as I wasn't into 1/6 when the first one came out. I don't think I need the deluxe though, the normal release will do just fine.

At first I thought I preferred the hair on Snowspeeder Luke as it looked a bit bigger and less slicked down, but it turns out it's the same hair.

I'm going to need a few more of those carbon chamber bases too!

luke-skywalker-snowspeeder-pilot_star-wars_gallery_5f36d93e7fde8.jpg
l6-jpg.571914
I guess this means all return of the jedi hair will fit with the mandalorian sculpt. Im curious what the wind hair will look like on this

Back