Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Halloween a few yrs ago, unfortunately the end of the night. I only post this to show what a few hrs did to the makeup. Took liberties with the horns.

I think based on the hours I spent doing this, and looking at Maul's face, the Sideshow sculpt is more accurate. Not better, just more accurate. I will likely buy the Hot Toys version, it sucks because I like the Sideshow sculpt a lot, but from pictures the sideshow figure looks so small compared to normal 1/6.

IMAG0205.jpg

Im betting he’s gonna be in the $375 range

Halloween a few yrs ago, unfortunately the end of the night. I only post this to show what a few hrs did to the makeup. Took liberties with the horns.

I think based on the hours I spent doing this, and looking at Maul's face, the Sideshow sculpt is more accurate. Not better, just more accurate. I will likely buy the Hot Toys version, it sucks because I like the Sideshow sculpt a lot, but from pictures the sideshow figure looks so small compared to normal 1/6.

View attachment 419780

That must have been a fun halloween man!

SSC is accurate in making him short. Park is on the shorter side for sure, and hopefully HT does the same!

I am sticking with my 399 estimate.

This may be a release I want but pass due to price.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

That must have been a fun halloween man!

SSC is accurate in making him short. Park is on the shorter side for sure, and hopefully HT does the same!

It definitely was, it took hours to do that. I give all of you who wear contacts major props, took me an hour to get them both in. I would say Maul and Beast from Disney were the most difficult costumes I have ever done.

I know Ray is short, somewhere between like 5ft 2"-5ft 4" but the figure looks very bizarre compares to other 1/6 Star Wars figures. It could perhaps be the bulk/size of the body and clothes, idk???

It definitely was, it took hours to do that. I give all of you who wear contacts major props, took me an hour to get them both in. I would say Maul and Beast from Disney were the most difficult costumes I have ever done.

I know Ray is short, somewhere between like 5ft 2"-5ft 4" but the figure looks very bizarre compares to other 1/6 Star Wars figures. It could perhaps be the bulk/size of the body and clothes, idk???

Yeah, I tried contacts once.. only once lol

Idk, in my minds eye, I see Maul as super short so it doesnt look out of place to me. but I feel you! I feel that way about Sideshows Malgus, awesome figure, but just throws me off because he seems too small.

How much were the last 2 or 3 DX's ??

Im not sure to be honest, never bought one before. Im just kinda guessing he’ll be at least $50 more than the Emperor deluxe ($315). But $400 is probably more where it will be due to pers and depending if he gets an extra headsculpt or not.

I'll pass too if he is anywhere near that price point. Hopefully we get a Standard MMS release. How many people will even remove the bike and droid from the packaging?

I’ll probably remove the bike, but never touch the droid.

A HT version of the Palpatine and Sidious two pack would be a savage DX set.

If he doesn't come with a second head, I think he prices about the same as the Emperor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

maul.jpg
I did a Maul once also......camera were not great then....did the contacts too......think this is the only photo that survived.

If preorder goes up in the next few months/end of year im gonna guess $349.99. If it goes up sometime next year $379.99-$400

Hopefully we get some more DX Star Wars releases in the future. Wasn’t expecting Maul to be one but I’m all for it. Nice surprise.

Who else do you all think deserves DX treatment?

Bespin Han DX 2pk w/Carbonite Hansicle
That would be amazing.

If preorder goes up in the next few months/end of year im gonna guess $349.99. If it goes up sometime next year $379.99-$400

Bespin Han DX 2pk w/Carbonite Hansicle
That would be amazing.

~350 would be a reasonable deal for Maul DX

Back