Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sculpt is growing on me...but i would have still preferred a teeth together grimacing look as seen in the movie...

DSC_0157.JPGDSC_0155.JPG

After seeing matrix69's shots, my figures seem like cheap booklet figures.

I picked up the DX17 yesterday having purchased the DX16 a few months ago . I felt the DX16 for the money should have included the Speeder as well then it would have been worth it. For 100 or so more I could have got the dx17. So I sold the Dx16 and picked up the DX17.

I am alot happier having the Maul with the speeder and I do think it will be highly sort after soon if not already. I would say no doubt when
Hot Toys Qui Gon is released later this year , the DX17 and DX16 will be high targets for collectors who dont own it because they will want to complete the " Look " and have Qui Gon facing off with Maul. Many Bandwagon collectors will seek Maul and Qui Gon because it will be the latest Fad and dont want to feel left out when their fellow collectors have it and they dont.

* a Bandwagon collector is my term for people who have never seen the movie, has never been or is a casual fan of the character and is only collecting the Figure because its trendy at the time or a movie coming out with that character in it *** once the hype is over , movie released and people have moved on, the collector then flips it usually at a higher price. * *

I expect the price will rise from the 640.0 ( AUD ) RRP up to the 1000.00 ( AUD )Region when Qui Gon comes .

DX17 I think is the complete package with the Speeder and it has a " completed feel " to it . If it had just one more Sith Probe it would been even better. A Darth Sidious hologram would of been cool too.

I picked up the DX16. Don't want the speeder for the price, its very cool but simply not worth the price although as with the emperor's throne its great hot toys keep adding such options for those that want them, they certainly add a little extra :clap

I picked up the DX16. Don't want the speeder for the price, its very cool but simply not worth the price although as with the emperor's throne its great hot toys keep adding such options for those that want them, they certainly add a little extra :clap

Both items cost about $100ish, and I try to put it in perspective. If you never buy any additional accessories or parts for figures, then I would understand not wanting to spend the money. But I spend $10-15 on shirts, more guns for Punisher, and other little accessories/props for figures. So my thinking is; is the Emperor's Throne worth 10 little guns or accessories? Absolutely to me lol.

Both items cost about $100ish, and I try to put it in perspective. If you never buy any additional accessories or parts for figures, then I would understand not wanting to spend the money. But I spend $10-15 on shirts, more guns for Punisher, and other little accessories/props for figures. So my thinking is; is the Emperor's Throne worth 10 little guns or accessories? Absolutely to me lol.

I opted to glue 10 little guns into a throne shape. My Emperor sits on that.

You can get an OK 1:1 chair for $100.

I'm so sick of this argument. What is the point of it? Is this 1:1 chair a replica of the Emperors Throne with lights? I mean seriously is this the level some stoop to to justify their choices? Yes these "toys" are expensive. Yes the value isn't always there (*cough* Jawa *cough*). By what is the point of these inane comments that have zero relevance and just make the person saying them look like a fool? Just say you don't think the DX extras are worth it.

You can go make yourself a 1:1 person for free*. Is that the next argument against cost?

*ongoing costs may apply

Back