Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great dio set up strive for a display like this, very cool!

I've based my set-up based from that diorama.

IMG_8289.jpg

Nice, one feature I haven’t really seen mentioned is how the faux fur is different shades, a mix of light and dark, it really surprised me, I expected it to be monotone.

With regards to displays with Jack surrounded by treasure and seated, that sort of visual seems unfitting to me for Jack as we’ve seen him, but really demonstrates how nice it would be to see Jack come out on top for once.

Curse notes him as a famous and successful pirate of stories and just fell into bad fortune when the treasure of Cortez became the latest item he and his crew sought, but since then he’s always been fighting to get back to that point and we’ve never seen it. Once he got the Pearl back, he was on the run and having bad luck then faced with saving himself from Davy Jones only to lose the Pearl, eventually become a full on drunk out of depression and ultimately get his ship back but still be a drunk.

I hope we get at least one more Pirates where we start out with Jack being successful and living up to his reputation, then he can find himself in circumstances threatening that success and having to overcome them.

Nice, one feature I haven’t really seen mentioned is how the faux fur is different shades, a mix of light and dark, it really surprised me, I expected it to be monotone.

With regards to displays with Jack surrounded by treasure and seated, that sort of visual seems unfitting to me for Jack as we’ve seen him, but really demonstrates how nice it would be to see Jack come out on top for once.

Curse notes him as a famous and successful pirate of stories and just fell into bad fortune when the treasure of Cortez became the latest item he and his crew sought, but since then he’s always been fighting to get back to that point and we’ve never seen it. Once he got the Pearl back, he was on the run and having bad luck then faced with saving himself from Davy Jones only to lose the Pearl, eventually become a full on drunk out of depression and ultimately get his ship back but still be a drunk.

I hope we get at least one more Pirates where we start out with Jack being successful and living up to his reputation, then he can find himself in circumstances threatening that success and having to overcome them.

I get that, might not happen since it deviates from the other movies (which made so much money). In large parts of Worlds End he was pretty formidable in his typical random way.

Jack vs Davy Jones in At Worlds end was probably the most on top moment for him in the whole franchise, his swordsman ship was really on point and even his ability to compensate when at a disadvantage was solid, one of my favorite parts of the series, both on screen and the score.

Recently got the chance to spend a decent amount of time playing with Jack. Truly a bargain figure loaded with quality accessories and a second to none sculpt. DX06 was not my favorite figure but I previously considered it my best and this surprisingly managed to top it in nearly every way. I wish the same could be said of the Luke figures that came after DX07.

I will be hanging on to both the 06 and the 15 for the different display options and because the 06 remains a loved piece. The 15 will be hat off and the 06 hat on. So many accessories on Jack it's almost comical but I suppose that suits him just fine.

I'm also thinking if you're going to cover one up with the coat and hat, it really should be the DX06...

With the finer details of the costume and the dirt deco and the real hair, I think DX15 is better to have coatless and hatless.

I have had mine sat under my desk at work unopened since Tuesday. Cant get it home till I have my car. Oh what a cruel twist of fate!

I will soon be acquiring a DX06, and I'm wondering what pieces are generally considered superior on the DX15 in terms of the clothing. Boots, shirt, jacket, etc?

I'm already planning on upgrading the sculpt to the DX15.

The only part of DX06 I would consider better than DX15 would be the boots, the two classic belts are pretty much identical between DX06 and DX15. I do think an argument could be made that the pistols looked a bit better with DX06.

- Shirt - The fit is about identical, DX15 is weathered where DX06 is clean and would need custom weathering.

- Sash - Nearly identical, DX15 adds a magnet to help hold the small flap laying down over his belts and scabbard and is also heavily weathered, both could be overcome on the DX06 with custom work.

- Pants - DX06 pants are a clean, charcoal grey, DX15 pants are a warm, brownish grey with dirtying effects.

- Vest - DX15 has slightly improved patterning to the gold on it, but overall they're both pretty on par.

- Jacket - DX15 is closer to the film coat in fabric texture, has weathering effects, more accurate inner lining color and material, generally all around better.

- Accessories - DX06 has the better fur piece, most of the rest of the trinkets are about equal, the shrunken mother's head has faux hair and is smaller on DX15 than DX06.

- Hat - DX06, while flawed, is the better of the two.

I'm thinking of swapping out the stock body for another. Not sure which one I'll pick though. I feel with the stock body is a little too small. Makes the boots look huge on this figure.

Back