Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When mine arrives I think I'll futz the mo hair to intertwine around the dreadlocks instead of just sitting on top like barbie hair. Also the wire in the trench coat needs to go.

When mine arrives I think I'll futz the mo hair to intertwine around the dreadlocks instead of just sitting on top like barbie hair. Also the wire in the trench coat needs to go.

Me too on the hair. The wired coat is not that troublesome to me. I think I may try to do a fun "Out of Rum" pose at first, have him barely hanging on to the flag with one hand and peering into an empty rum bottle in the other.

So the lanterns are from ebay the lights they comes with are rubbish they will die quick and can't replace them.
So I've opted for a temp option of breaking open some Candle LED flick lights.

Totally welcome man..... they are supplied with a little lights but problem is you can't replace the batteries.

So these are similar to what I bought but mine came from £1 land or probably get them a t a $ store without the remote control feature. Pry open the case with a flat head and remove the LED it's self and battery. Mine currently just got a bit of tape holding the negative and positive connection drop it in the lantern. :lecture

I'm looking at ordering a few more and use my old mans train lights for a more professional approach but still this works just as well.....Here's the link sorry for the rambling :rotfl

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warm-Whi...698203&hash=item25dff8fb85:g:Sx8AAOSwl75ZuBXe

Totally welcome man..... they are supplied with a little lights but problem is you can't replace the batteries.

So these are similar to what I bought but mine came from £1 land or probably get them a t a $ store without the remote control feature. Pry open the case with a flat head and remove the LED it's self and battery. Mine currently just got a bit of tape holding the negative and positive connection drop it in the lantern. :lecture

I'm looking at ordering a few more and use my old mans train lights for a more professional approach but still this works just as well.....Here's the link sorry for the rambling :rotfl

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warm-Whi...698203&hash=item25dff8fb85:g:Sx8AAOSwl75ZuBXe
Cool thanks. I'll check into them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

For those who may be curious about Jack's coat color, I received my spare today, and to my relief (to not feel wasting money) and to my disappointment (for having to do customization), the coat is definitely brown once again. Here's a photo against a black background and side by side with a black suit coat.

I'll probably do my dye work this weekend and will certainly post the results here. The fabric does seem to have an accurate pattern to it, hope that retains with the dying.

JACKCOAT.jpg

I really like the head sculpt on this new figure. The serious face looks very much like Depp.

With regards to the coat colour, MaulFan is right and it should be more grey. I always liked the Medicom coat - a little too dark perhaps - but it always felt more accurate to me.

Some **** people here haha, so what if it's brown or dark brown or grey brown... who's gonna notice, just enjoy the figure.

I really like the head sculpt on this new figure. The serious face looks very much like Depp.

With regards to the coat colour, MaulFan is right and it should be more grey. I always liked the Medicom coat - a little too dark perhaps - but it always felt more accurate to me.

Very nice! It’s been so long since I’ve seen one nicely futzed :clap I still have a spare medi jacket in case I decide put a liner in it just too lazy :lol

Back