Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Wars and Marvel are flying off the shelves, so we have to arm ourselves with patience. I don't care, as long as Hot Toys keeps making these other products. I have no interest in Marvel, DC or Star Wars (Except for Return Luke, yeah!). I am really looking forward to this figure. It looks amazing.

When it first went up at sideshowtoys it read jan-mar. In my mind I've always planned for march but knew it could release even later. Hot Toys is rarely on schedule.

This will be my first HT figure in 5 years, so I'm out of touch with their ways.

Wow... has it been that long?

I'm sort of 2nd guessing myself on whether I truly need this. I mean, its AWESOME and if you don't have a Sparrow this is the one to get, but I have the original DX so I'm wondering if I need to spend another $260 for real hair just so I can pose a 2nd Jack with hat and coat on. Such a tough call, as these figures rank among HT's best and are simply amazing on the shelf. My old Jack is still eye-catching and probably Top 3 best figures I own. And I own a lot.

I'm sort of 2nd guessing myself on whether I truly need this. I mean, its AWESOME and if you don't have a Sparrow this is the one to get, but I have the original DX so I'm wondering if I need to spend another $260 for real hair just so I can pose a 2nd Jack with hat and coat on. Such a tough call, as these figures rank among HT's best and are simply amazing on the shelf. My old Jack is still eye-catching and probably Top 3 best figures I own. And I own a lot.
This will be my third DX Jack lol. This one will go on my top five shelf while my current DX Jack is going in my timeline wall display.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I forgot Avengers Hulk 2 years ago, but I just happened on that in a comic book shop, last preordered, brand new HT May have been Nicholson Joker and I ended up returning it because Sideshow wouldn’t replace it.

Been out of the high end game for awhile, and haven’t had my DX06 Jack in nearly 5 years either, as much as I’ve missed it and can’t wait for DX15, the pay off will be so rewarding that I can bear the wait. I’m already happier with the hat I have for him than the one I’d repainted for DX06 or my Medicom Jack, so this will be even more of an ultimate Jack.

Until we see the final product though, I do still want the DX06 smirk head for this figure, the DX15 version just doesn’t seem as nice, but the serious face looks even better than DX06.

I'm caught in a similar dilemma. Sparrow would be a one-off, with no other figure to display with and would stick out in my collection because of that. Looks fantastic and all, but I'm still unsure if to pick him up.

I just buy what I like. Right now Catwoman is fighting Tonto and Spider-Man is trying to beat Superman. I only buy what I like. I really loved this movie and I don't have a Jack. But I think he can have a laugh with Iron Man.

I'm caught in a similar dilemma. Sparrow would be a one-off, with no other figure to display with and would stick out in my collection because of that. Looks fantastic and all, but I'm still unsure if to pick him up.

I will be displaying the DX15 Jack with the Hot Toys Angelica figure. I know that figure got mixed reviews, but I personally like it. She looks good with or without her maroon overcoat and I expect her to display well with Jack. But I also think that Jack goes well by himself so I pre-ordered him even if I was not yet sure who to display him with.

Can't wait for this figure to be released. My most anticipated for 2018 so far

My Jack will pair with the DAM toys Assassin's Creed Edward Kenway. They may not fit narratively but thematically they will look great.

Hah glad to see I'm not the only one, my Captain Jack is probably going to go in the corner cabinet with the other lone figures from other lines when he's finally released.

(The not-Marvel group is a pretty eclectic mix of The Crow, Painkiller Jane, the positively ancient Spike and Lorne, and Obi Wan and Clone trooper sideshow figures. With a bit of judicious rearranging I think he'd look pretty awesome with a shelf all to himself)

I have a Jack Sparrow collection with just few non-Jack pirate items so this is a centerpiece to it all.

Weird how Homecoming spidey came out before this. I hope the wait won't be much longer!

HT is going to want to sell the Iron Spidey for Infinity War, they need to get their Homecoming releases out quick and move onto the next, Jack is not a priority for them I'm sure.

HT is going to want to sell the Iron Spidey for Infinity War, they need to get their Homecoming releases out quick and move onto the next, Jack is not a priority for them I'm sure.

not only that, but HT is going to pump out the easier things to produce before everything closes for Chinese New Year. Jacky here has multiple layers each with their own particular details, not to mention the accessories and the hair piece. The baldric alone has to be embossed which I've learned from working with a custom 1/6 tailor before is no easy task at this scale.

Back