Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even in the unlikely event that this guy gets released in HK this month it'll still be quite a wait on my end. (Still waiting for the MkXLVII to be released at the UK-rate for instance.)

Though I suppose it does give me more time to work out my display options. I think the smattering of truly ancient (now mostly kitbashed to update them) Buffy figures will likely be relegated to a less protective shelf to make way... (Gah! If QmX ever get on with that Princess Bride line I'd happily set him up with the Dread Pirate Roberts, they'd make a fairly good thematic display.)

Just sold Dr. Strange and preordered this guy :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I'll keep my DS. And all of my JS. But I wouldn't call my collection extensive. My JS are keepers 'coz it's...Jack:cool:. "Octopus guy" 1/6 is great as an accessory too - now I want that 2-monkey set after seeing the pics.

Sideshow sez Feb for a final payment for me; agree tho they gotta get this guy done soon.

I ordered both figures. I think they're both really good and it will be hard for me to decide between the two so I got them both. :)

I only want iconic movie and gaming figures in my collection:) Strange was a awesome looking figure but not special enough for me.

So, I'm going a little crazy waiting for this figure and I was poking around the web to see if there was anything new, or old that I missed, and I came by this video from Budget Stark of the Secret Base display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWIJ4Bqzj6Q&t=11s

A few stand out photos from it.

Secret_Base_HK_00003.jpg

Secret_Base_HK_00005.jpg

Secret_Base_HK_00006.jpg

Secret_Base_HK_00014.jpg

I can't get over how much more life is in the faces than the DX06. One shot I particularly like is the one below. While the smirking head is not in focus, you can get a good sense of the overall expression, and with the benefit of the SB display lighting, I feel a lot better about how the second head will look in hand. The official shots of it all make him look creepy, but this shot looks like Captain Jack.

Secret_Base_HK_00021.jpg

I'm still toying with the idea of selling my DX06. I like it a lot, but I'm not crazy about the Pirates films.

I'm still toying with the idea of selling my DX06. I like it a lot, but I'm not crazy about the Pirates films.
If you're planning on getting the DX15, you might as well. The funds could help pay for this too.

When it comes to the movies themselves, the only one I really enjoy is Black Pearl. The other 4 all range from mediocre to awful.

I agree 3 and 4 were mediocre but anyone who thinks part 2 is dung needs a refresher. :lecture

I watched the original trilogy again a few days ago, and Dead Man's Chest is overall alright but definitely not as good as Black Pearl.

It also gets soured by 3 as the two are essentially one giant movie. 2 sets up a lot of stuff for 3 and there's no satisfying payoff, so thus going back to 2 it's not a good. Plus what I love about Pearl most is mostly lost in 2 anyways. I stand by Dead Man's Chest being mediocre, but I guess on the better side?

It also gets soured by 3 as the two are essentially one giant movie.

That's probably the biggest issue with DMC for me as part 3 is the worst of the series IMO. Davy Jones is my favorite villain of all time and all but he wasn't enough to completely save AWE.

I also never cared for adding Jack to the love triangle in DMC but it doesn't hinder by ability to enjoy the flick.

So, I'm going a little crazy waiting for this figure and I was poking around the web to see if there was anything new, or old that I missed, and I came by this video from Budget Stark of the Secret Base display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWIJ4Bqzj6Q&t=11s

A few stand out photos from it.

View attachment 387894

View attachment 387895

View attachment 387896

View attachment 387897

I can't get over how much more life is in the faces than the DX06. One shot I particularly like is the one below. While the smirking head is not in focus, you can get a good sense of the overall expression, and with the benefit of the SB display lighting, I feel a lot better about how the second head will look in hand. The official shots of it all make him look creepy, but this shot looks like Captain Jack.

View attachment 387898
The DX06 still looks like a Captain Jack Sparrow Cosplayer to me.

Rough comparison, though one is production and the other prototype, curious to see how the production figure looks.

JackComp1.jpg

JackComp2.jpg

I can't wait for this figure. I really like Depp as Jack. Did we ever figure out if this would fit a detolf and if the feet were magnetic?

Back