Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

I might just have to buy this... the liquid metal T1000 has pushed it over the edge!

Re: Hot Toys - DX - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Boy this thread moved lightning fast while I was asleep. Had to go through at least 20 pages.

The funny thing is seeing ppl compare this to the EB 1/4. This is a proto compared to the final product from EB. Did ppl really just forget how much the HT sculpt on the DX10 changed from proto to final production piece??

They both look like Arnold but this one has a more intense/stern expression than the EB IMO. EBs has that just beat the T-1000 relieved look.

I'm a terminator fan (a big one at that) but not so much to be biased vs other licenses. DX Jack Sparrow was HT best figure IMO until this was shown. Now this is will more than likely be their best figure :rock the detail is sick! This is what a DX is about!

I was on my Facebook page when it first popped up.:nana:

This figure wold be perfect if it just had the Tear Gas Launcher.

WOW! Never thought we'd see the day. I might have to get two DX BD T-800 instead of Enterbays, maybe even three. :panic: I think it looks great, maybe not as accurate as EB, but awesome nonetheless. And the accessories are top notch!

I'll be ordering the Ex for now. And if it turns out great i'll be ordering at least 1 more.

Here's what i'm thinking.

Broken arm and Endo eye display
BD head and bd body
DX10 with minigun and BD head
Mms117 with shotgun

Notice how they got around the problem of the articulated endo-knee - the flesh is missing around the whole thing as opposed to just the front. Not accurate I don't think but a perfectly acceptable compromise.

I would have liked a PVC sleeve around it like they do the toso's for around the knee but yeah - it's not a big deal. I think the pant's flaring out at the knee is that is so distracting to it.

I'm surprised that the full BD head is not grating on you. It's a total miss.

I don't get the love for it.(not from you a-dev but in general)

Sure it resembles Arnold and there are bits of Endo showing but I would have thought it would be pretty important to look like it did in the film.

The other light BD head looks great but man - this one is eating at me.

Maybe it's suposed to be about two licks shy of when the t-1000 stopped bashing his head. :dunno

Originally Posted by Gipetto0812 View Post
Boy this thread moved lightning fast while I was asleep. Had to go through at least 20 pages.

The funny thing is seeing ppl compare this to the EB 1/4. This is a proto compared to the final product from EB. Did ppl really just forget how much the HT sculpt on the DX10 changed from proto to final production piece??

They both look like Arnold but this one has a more intense/stern expression than the EB IMO. EBs has that just beat the T-1000 relieved look.

I'm a terminator fan (a big one at that) but not so much to be biased vs other licenses. DX Jack Sparrow was HT best figure IMO until this was shown. Now this is will more than likely be their best figure the detail is sick! This is what a DX is about!

I have the DX Jack Sparrow, but it doesn't really compare to a figure like this.

Terminator is just a lot more iconic.

I have the DX Jack Sparrow, but it doesn't really compare to a figure like this.

:exactly::lecture

I kinda think this is a step up above Luke Skywalker in that deptartment.

I would have liked a PVC sleeve around it like they do the toso's for around the knee but yeah - it's not a big deal. I think the pant's flaring out at the knee is that is so distracting to it.

Sure it resembles Arnold and there are bits of Endo showing but I would have thought it would be pretty important to look like it did in the film.

Maybe it's suposed to be about two licks shy of when the t-1000 stopped bashing his head. :dunno

I think most of are confident that it will be tweaked before release. There is the risk now that people are too confident to point it out to HT, which could leave it overlooked in the end. :horror

I'll be ordering the Ex for now. And if it turns out great i'll be ordering at least 1 more.

Here's what i'm thinking.

Broken arm and Endo eye display
BD head and bd body
DX10 with minigun and BD head
Mms117 with shotgun

Which will you display with the T1000 liquid metal?

sigpic6575_4.gif
We all see things our own ways...

I'm sure HT will tweak the sculpt for the better by the time it's released-- fixing the exposed cheek pistons, etc.

sigpic6575_4.gif
We all see things our own ways...

I'm sure HT will tweak the sculpt for the better by the time it's released-- fixing the exposed cheek pistons, etc.

If they do, then it will be perfect and could easily take my money:)

Mainly I'm in awe that it has finally happened. There'll be plenty of time for me to really really look at it but certainly not when I'm in work.

I was on my Facebook page when it first popped up.:nana:

This figure wold be perfect if it just had the Tear Gas Launcher.

I was here when the thread was first made and posted to boot :nana:

But I needed sleep. Wasn't going to stay up. Had already delayed not sleeping by posting.

While I agree with this being more iconic, iconic has nothing to do with detail. The clothing on Sparrow, all the layers the look natural especially when futzes right, all accessories one needs for that character from that movie, a dio, the individually sculpted dreads, and best looking PERS all made that figure HT best IMO. Maybe not everyone's favorite but HT best. Not sure how much you know about Sparrow and the screen warn suit, but I know it top to bottom like the back of my hand and HT got it right for the most part (Jacket still wasn't completely accurate by I'm not complaining). And when you look at the advancement from the AWE/DMC figures, DX Sparrow easily trumps them.

With that said, DX Sparrow is being dethroned by DX13. Not only is this a figure that had not been done before, but the detail is just amazing no 2 ways about it. When collecting, it's details like this that make a figure even more worth while especially at this scale.

:exactly::lecture

I kinda think this is a step up above Luke Skywalker in that deptartment.

I'm a Star Wars fan, but I can't find it within me to pull the trigger on DX Luke.

It just doesn't have the wow factor or something.

HT put more effort into this one, no doubt from the competition they are facing from Enterbay.

The 1-1000 with extra head exclusive is a pretty badass one considering it's kind of like a 2nd figure.

I think most of are confident that it will be tweaked before release. There is the risk now that people are too confident to point it out to HT, which could leave it overlooked in the end. :horror

Then write them an e-mail and point it out to them. Be sure and say something like, "Are you going to let Enterbay put out their battle damaged T-800 with the correct piston detail without doing the same?" just to get under their skin.

Then write them an e-mail and point it out to them. Be sure and say something like, "Are you going to let Enterbay put out their battle damaged T-800 with the correct piston detail without doing the same?" just to get under their skin.

There are much better eyes for accuracy 'round these parts than mine. I leave it to them.

The 1-1000 with extra head exclusive is a pretty badass one considering it's kind of like a 2nd figure.

Anyone have an idea where you would get the exclusive head for the T-1000?

Back