Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished :)

25f12bfcc2622199b1b86c842f52b129.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I know I'm VERY late for the party, but I just picked up this figure and it's amazing and I can't get enough of it.

I'm completely new to Hot Toys and other high-end figures and I didn't mean to get into collecting these expensive toys at all.

Actually, I stumbled upon a promo photo of the T1 BD T-800 MMS238 by accident (I was doing a Google search for vintage Gargoyles shades) and as a huge Terminator fan I had to have it immediately.

After a couple of Google searches I found my way here and noticed this DX13 thread and the pics blew me away. I realized that my T1 looked kinda lonely in a detolf without his counterpart for the second movie. Needless to say, but ofcourse I bought him and hunted down another body to get the both looks displayed.

At this point I'm thinking that's it for me, but I constantly find myself considering getting 1/6 endo and the MMS129 T-1000.

This kinda worries me... :D

I know I'm VERY late for the party, but I just picked up this figure and it's amazing and I can't get enough of it.

I'm completely new to Hot Toys and other high-end figures and I didn't mean to get into collecting these expensive toys at all.

Actually, I stumbled upon a promo photo of the T1 BD T-800 MMS238 by accident (I was doing a Google search for vintage Gargoyles shades) and as a huge Terminator fan I had to have it immediately.

After a couple of Google searches I found my way here and noticed this DX13 thread and the pics blew me away. I realized that my T1 looked kinda lonely in a detolf without his counterpart for the second movie. Needless to say, but ofcourse I bought him and hunted down another body to get the both looks displayed.

At this point I'm thinking that's it for me, but I constantly find myself considering getting 1/6 endo and the MMS129 T-1000.

This kinda worries me... :D

Nobody show this guy the Enterbay 1/4 figures...

Nobody show this guy the Enterbay 1/4 figures...

Well, it'd be a minimal commitment. 1:4 Terminator is dead. The only existing ones I'd recommend would be the BD T-800 and the T-1000. There's also the clean T-800 and the Hot Toys Endoskeleton neither of which I personally favour quite as much but if he decided to get them that makes 4 figures tops.

Well, it'd be a minimal commitment. 1:4 Terminator is dead. The only existing ones I'd recommend would be the BD T-800 and the T-1000. There's also the clean T-800 and the Hot Toys Endoskeleton neither of which I personally favour quite as much but if he decided to get them that makes 4 figures tops.

That's still going to be about $350-500 per figure :lol

Got to admit, if I had the space I'd be all over Enterbay's 1/4 battle-damaged T-800. What an incredible figure...

Got to admit, if I had the space I'd be all over Enterbay's 1/4 battle-damaged T-800. What an incredible figure...

Yeah, those are outstanding pieces (especially the BD T-800), but I'm not so into 1/4 scale at the moment as I have very limited space at my current house.

The price is also an issue as I happen to live in Finland so the shipping charges are hefty an we have annoyingly efficient customs collecting 24% import taxes for nearly everything sent from outside EU. :(

It's a slippery, slippery slope... :D Congrats :duff

Thanks! :) I keep telling myself that if I manage to restrict my collection just to Terminators it wont be so bad. :monkey3

Bastard customs. They rule me out of ordering Hot Toys from Sideshow or BBTS. I get away with it on most Hong Kong ebay orders though. Most of those sellers declare low value by default and Irish customs just tend to take it at face value.

It's all about the sculpt really. The figure overall isn't a great package, limited display options - well, at least limited if you want to be movie-accurate. You can't trust the Enterbay body, it doesn't feel as sturdy as it should for the scale and price - the clean version was known to break at the shoulders. Also the battle-damaged arm and knee weren't executed very well. It's the sculpt that makes up for everything. Easily the best there has ever been.

I decided to use my Triarama by Triad Toys with my DX13. I originally had this with an older figure by Triad Toys that I have now decided to sell. I was on the fence about selling this Triarama, but after moving it to my T-800 display I don't see how I could possibly sell it. This looks pretty awesome with the figure. Now I need to re-purpose my graveyard Triarama after seeing how awesome these can look with the right figure.

terminator01.jpg

I decided to use my Triarama by Triad Toys with my DX13. I originally had this with an older figure by Triad Toys that I have now decided to sell. I was on the fence about selling this Triarama, but after moving it to my T-800 display I don't see how I could possibly sell it. This looks pretty awesome with the figure. Now I need to re-purpose my graveyard Triarama after seeing how awesome these can look with the right figure.

View attachment 216229

Sweet :clap

I'm using that base with the Rubber-mask T-600 from T:Salvation. It's a pretty cool one. Compatible with a T-800 endo if you have one or indeed any imaginative T-800 you might put together.

Attachments

• IMG_0195.JPG
    IMG_0195.JPG
    549.5 KB · Views: 218
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
almost bought... luckily remembered i already have them :)
still tempting. somebody please buy those and make them unavailable. price is too low to resist.
ok. nobody was fast enough to save my wallet & shelves.

Last edited:
:lol

I've never really felt compelled to own any recreations of the HK's. Since they can't be in scale with anything else in my collection they're just not something I'd be excited about.

the seller immediately cancelled both orders. either he decided that he cannot part with those models or i suffered for vampire's behaviour.
either way my wallet is safe once again :)
p.s. he just said that they are shipped within USA only and he didn't uncheck the international checkbox :) still, if i didn't have those old sideshow variants, i'd hunt those down for any money.

Last edited:
Back