Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pic, man! I so want to pull the trigger on this.
Thanks! The details and accessories on this made me decide that he would be my first figure which is not a comic book character. I loved T2 when i was a kid and it was one of the best movies back then. My T-1000 is incoming at the end of the month [emoji6]

it will all depend on your paint skills, but regular acrylic paint should work, then spray with Mr Hobby super clear UV cutting Matt sealer.
I wouldn't have any problems with the actual painting part, but I would have problems with the spray...
I once tried a matte spray on another figure... It was a mess, i was not able to apply the spray in the particular zone i wanted and it spilled all over it...
How would i be able to apply it only on the eyebrow, and avoid it being spilled to areas?

And even the spray wasnt very matte, it still left the figure very shiny...:(

I have already painted the eyebrow, i used a carbon based pencil... Its very dark, but once you put a light on it, it becomes very shiny... Like i said, my problem is getting it to look matte...
image.jpg

I wouldn't have any problems with the actual painting part, but I would have problems with the spray...
I once tried a matte spray on another figure... It was a mess, i was not able to apply the spray in the particular zone i wanted and it spilled all over it...
How would i be able to apply it only on the eyebrow, and avoid it being spilled to areas?

I have already painted the eyebrow, i used a carbon based pencil... Its very dark, but once you put a light on it, it becomes very shiny... Like i said, my problem is getting it to look matte...

Not sure if this helps but I would Spray the matte sealant onto another surface, and when it's still wet take a brush and use it to apply the sealant directly onto the painted area

View attachment 134826

Mr Hobby is as matte as matte can be when sprayed properly.
It tends to be a bit shiny when brushed. I would remove or latex mask the eyes an spray the whole head to achieve an even finish.
Watch some youtube video on painting and practice on something else first.
Good luck, and the eyebrow looks really good so far!

A-Dev...is the set you have in which you posted the above pics and he MMS238 pics from the Pascadero Hospital from T2??

Try this stuff. That's what i use and it's great.
It's brush on , use a dedicated brush just for this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Testors-11...764447451?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item5d4f6c2adb
I actually bought that, and had problems where the lacquer made the (acrylic) paint run, as if it had an alcohol base. Just FYI, I would test using this first on something you didn't want to damage. I'm guessing some different kinds of paints will be more resilient to this sort of thing.

^yes, testors dull coat is lacquer and you don't want to brush it on acrilic, especially pencil. You can air brush it decently. That's why I recommended the Mr Hobby, it's big in the ball jointed doll community (check out the den of angels forum) where people use powered pastel pigments and seal with Mr hobby, plus it won't yellow like testors. I've been modeling for 30 years...I wouldn't steer you wrong.

Well, after weeks of deliberating I've finally taken the plunge and ordered my first Hot Toys 1/6 figure, the DX13. Whilst I've had RoboCop on preorder for some time this will be my first figure. I really wanted the exclusive version but it's just too pricey. Anyway, I likely won't display it with the T-1000 so it's probably for the best. I can't wait! The wife's gonna kill me tho!

Back