Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok im definitely shooting for wednesday :pray:. Hes gone back to the national hub to get resorted and should be at preston tommorow for me to pay my charges and get him delivered weds.

I think im going to use the metal pole to support him as i don't like how far back he is on the dx stand with the crotch grabber.

Ok im definitely shooting for wednesday :pray:. Hes gone back to the national hub to get resorted and should be at preston tommorow for me to pay my charges and get him delivered weds.

I think im going to use the metal pole to support him as i don't like how far back he is on the dx stand with the crotch grabber.

Jesus you still haven't got him? Damn am I glad I'm not in the UK.

No use taking pictures if it's going to upload in ****ty quality! To Flickr I go...

Got mine. Also got some of the weird bubbles in my T-1000 statue and one of those weird white lines on the half-sleeve jacket.
Contacted Sideshow and took pics. We'll see what happens.

Also the "jam" really isn't so bad in person, but my torn endo-arm is indeed tinted red like A-Dev mentioned, and it really doesn't looks just plain weird.

Also the "jam" really isn't so bad in person, but my torn endo-arm is indeed tinted red like A-Dev mentioned, and it really does look just plain weird.

All the endo-parts are. The broken endo-arm you would think by that point would have the least amount of blood on it though.

Got it! No pics today but I'll post my usual.

The Fiend's small review.

Packaging:

Understated and direct. Just like DX10 packaging but with the appropriate battle damage theme and quote from the end. I think the little 'gift' ( is that what we're calling it?) is kinds lame this time around but it takes nothing away from the packaging. I think DX01 still was the best with the cards, I liked DX09 too.

Accessories:

Overall, very good with some niggles. All the hands look great and I like the choice to include the thumbs up. The bandolier has the appropriate weathering and seems realistic. The pistol, like the one included with the DX10, has a cheap plasticy finish. Which, like I said in the DX10 review, is weird considering it looked great with the MMS version. Don't know what happened there. Same goes for the thumper. Like the DX10 version is looks toyish, but this one looks worse because the broken end looks super cheap. The barrel of the thumper looks fine though. By contrast the machine gun looks great. Lots of small detail with a dull finish. I think the metal rod may be my favorite accessory ,ironic for such a simple accessory. The stand is cool and actually has some rust on it, I didn't know that. One thing is different with this DX stand, they included the movie logo.

Outfit:

Good stuff. Looks just like the MMS 'leathers' but with the DX10 cut. People are switching these out for the MMS stuff? Don't know why. The DX10 stuff had no weathering at all and had this soft shiny look to them so I'm glad they went a different route with this one. I love all the bullet holes and tears, they looks really good and natural. I'm curious to see all the differences we'll see with the battle damages parts on peoples figures. The tear on the leg looks too big to me but it's no biggie. The boots....have no weathering. WTF. :lol As far as the boots go they've received less weathering with each release when it should be the opposite, if that is the way it was going to be. In reality there should be weathering on all the releases including the 'clean' look.

Body: I usually don't have an area for the body but this is a special case. I'm really happy they made this a double jointed body so we can pull off more natural poses with the arms. Are the wounds a bit 'chunky'? Yeah, but I like it. Look realistic. The endo parts look very good and I especially like the broken arm. For some reason when I first saw the prototype I thought the endo leg would either hinder articulation or there wouldn't be any. :lol I don't know why I thought that but obviously the range of motion is as good as any other TT.

Sculpts:

Now the main attraction. The likeness is excellent if you ask me and they don't have that soft look that hindered the DX10. Within about a minute I knew I was going with the full BD look over the semi. I know the sculpts are the same but for some reason the full BD screams Arnie. The semi does too though but the full has the edge for some reason. I have no answer for this. I do think the semi BD has a slightly wide look to it so it may be that the full BD hides this because he has half a face? IDK. Either way both of these sculpts do not disappoint and easily the best Arnie HT has done. The blood is nowhere near as prominent as I've seen in pics. Now I don't know if this is just the differences in paint apps we'll see throughout this run or just the regular old 'looks better in hand'.
I'm very happy with the exposed endo parts. Again, mine don't seem as bronze. As for now I don't think any modding is in order. In fact, I don't see anything on this release that I want to modify. The endo eye looks awesome when lit up and it's hard not to want to keep him like that all the time. Im not a fan of light up feature etc. but this one was a must and had to be included without saying. Didn't someone need to replace the battery? I hope that is whats up with mine. The eye starts to dim drastically only after a minute or so. I can't imagine me using the light up eye a lot but still want it to work.

Overall: This figure is ****ing awesome. The niggles I have are easily overlooked due to the sheer awesomeness of this set. I don't make proclamations like this with new figures but this is one of my favorite pieces. It usually takes a couple weeks to know if something is truly up there with the best of the best. This is a figure that's been desired for a long time.T2 is a movie from my childhood so like Batman 89 and Star Wars it will always have a place in my collection. This is what it's all about for me; iconic, epic and nostalgic.

Last edited:
My small contribution for now..

11179372823_7a194b0bf0_b.jpg

11179239076_9454bd26f4_b.jpg
11179226236_7469d0a29c_b.jpg
11179198625_18e1c69fed_b.jpg
11179217716_c8c4cb99ca_b.jpg

hot toys staff told me something about the dx13 buyers should take care of.
1. when taking off the head, hold the neck otherwise the ball joint inside the neck will be taken off easily.
2. put on the jacket before changing the left arm.
3. the liquid t1000 statue including the head is easy to get scratched, so be careful. a cloth is included for wiping the statue.
Wow, loving the level of detail. The head is a b*tch to remove, and I think it's causing the socket in the neck to dislocate. Not much I can do, even with trying to hold the neck. The (exposed) left leg seems shorter than the right. Nothing some putty under the boot won't fix.

All in all, a happy camper. Thank you, boys and girls of Hot Toys (and SSC), for the minute attention to detail, from the box, to the figure.

As I've mentioned before, I jumped on this in early november after starting this hobby in Jan and focusing on Batman and some Marvel. After getting tired of seeing people in costumes on my shelf, I decided to get this guy. I REALLY loved T2 when I was a kid and remember geeking out when I saw the 3D version in universal studios, so I'm definitely feeling like a kid again looking at this badboy.

In regard to QC, I also have the weird white line on the sleveless jacket (right arm) and the tiny bubbles on the statue. It also had a scuff mark but not enough to warrant a replacement IMO.

Everything else about BD Uncle Bob has been said already so if you're still thinking about puling the trigger on this guy, shame on you!

Got it! No pics today but I'll post my usual.

The Fiend's small review.

Packaging:

Understated and direct. Just like DX10 packaging but with the appropriate battle damage theme and quote from the end. I think the little 'gift' ( is that what we're calling it?) is kinds lame this time around but it takes nothing away from the packaging. I think DX01 still was the best with the cards, I liked DX09 too.

Accessories:

Overall, very good with some niggles. All the hands look great and I like the choice to include the thumbs up. The bandolier has the appropriate weathering and seems realistic. The pistol, like the one included with the DX10, has a cheap plasticy finish. Which, like I said in the DX10 review, is weird considering it looked great with the MMS version. Don't know what happened there. Same goes for the thumper. Like the DX10 version is looks toyish, but this one looks worse because the broken end looks super cheap. The barrel of the thumper looks fine though. By contrast the machine gun looks great. Lots of small detail with a dull finish. I think the metal rod may be my favorite accessory ,ironic for such a simple accessory. The stand is cool and actually has some rust on it, I didn't know that. One this is different with this DX stand, they included the movie logo.

Outfit:

Good stuff. Looks just like the MMS 'leathers' but with the DX10 cut. People are switching these out for the MMS stuff? Don't know why. The DX10 stuff had no weathering at all and had this soft shiny look to them so I'm glad they went a different route with this one. I love all the bullet holes and tears, they looks really good and natural. I'm curious to see all the differences we'll see with the battle damages parts on peoples figures. The tear on the leg looks too big to me but it's no biggie. The boots....have no weathering. WTF. :lol As far as the boots go they've received less weathering with each release when it should be the opposite, if that is the way it was going to be. In reality there should be weathering on all the releases including the 'clean' look.

Body: I usually don't have an area for the body but this is a special case. I'm really happy they made this a double jointed body so we can pull off more natural poses with the arms. Are the wounds a bit 'chunky'? Yeah, but I like it. Look realistic. The endo parts look very good and I especially like the broken arm. For some reason when I first saw the prototype I thought the endo leg would either hinder articulation or there wouldn't be any. :lol I don't know why I thought that but obviously the range of motion is as good as any other TT.

Sculpts:

Now the main attraction. The likeness is excellent if you ask me and they don't have that soft look that hindered the DX10. Within about a minute I knew I was going with the full BD look over the semi. I know the sculpts are the same but for some reason the full BD screams Arnie. The semi does too though but the full has the edge for some reason. I have no answer for this. I do think the semi BD has a slightly wide look to it so it may be that the full BD hides this because he has half a face? IDK. Either way both of these sculpts do not disappoint and easily the best Arnie HT has done. The blood is nowhere near as prominent as I've seen in pics. Now I don't know if this is just the differences in paint apps we'll see throughout this run or just the regular old 'looks better in hand'.
I'm very happy with the exposed endo parts. Again, mine don't seem as bronze. As for now I don't think any modding is in order. In fact, I don't see anything on this release that I want to modify. The endo eye looks awesome when lit up and it's hard not to want to keep him like that all the time. Im not a fan of light up feature etc. but this one was a must and had to be included without saying. Didn't someone need to replace the battery? I hope that is whats up with mine. The eye starts to dim drastically only after a minute or so. I can't imagine me using the light up eye a lot but still want it to work.

Overall: This figure is ****ing awesome. The niggles I have are easily overlooked due to the sheer awesomeness of this set. I don't make proclamations like this with new figures but this is one of my favorite pieces. It usually takes a couple weeks to know if something is truly up there with the best of the best. This is a figure that's been desired for a long time.T2 is a movie from my childhood so like Batman 89 and Star Wars it will always have a place in my collection. This is what it's all about for me; iconic, epic and nostalgic.

Thanks for the review, I hope the semi damaged head really blows me away in person because I really liked the look in the film . I liked the full blown BD as well, but I just want to see both in person.

I wonder if I use chrome paint on the damage arm what results will I get? :dunno

So how many others are getting the white line on the pants, when I saw KK collectible's review, that line could be annoying.

Is it the SS shipped DX13 that are having a problem?

I don't remember seeing it on ClipperKing's review or other vids on YouTube.

a-dev, you have the stain?

Anybody that got from overseas sellers having this issue? :slap

Thanks for the review, I hope the semi damaged head really blows me away in person because I really liked the look in the film . I liked the full blown BD as well, but I just want to see both in person.

I wonder if I use chrome paint on the damage arm what results will I get? :dunno

Be careful with chrome paint Guyver. The only 'real' chrome paint is quite thick and kills any detail, it would certainly ruin joints as well. It's quite globby and dries like resin. Lots of silver paints which claim to be chrome but are just silver, those will work fine.

Back