Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's up guys. I just picked up a second dx09 and am thinking of having it in the classic spread cape pose. Anyone have any issue with stretching/creasing/tearing after leaving the arms up for a while ?
Thanks to all in advance.

I am sorry but I did not try the "open wings" pose yet!

I thought of using some grease or shiny transparent repaint myself, but never dared...

I think it may work, and make this figure suit closer to this texture:

e14371177b723c0b6da540ca70cd595f.jpg

I am sorry but I did not try the "open wings" pose yet!

I thought of using some grease or shiny transparent repaint myself, but never dared...

I think it may work, and make this figure suit closer to this texture:

View attachment 274364

Just use leather protector for automobiles, it has that exact shine, if you don't wipe it after use.

I got one from ebay pretty cheap. Around 25 USD.

It's not a Tony Mei quaity cape, but for that price I would get it again. I use it for a "battle look" pose and since it was cheap, I dare to do things on it that I would not dare on the Tony Mei or stock.

This thread is still active :horror

Apparently so. :) It's funny, this was one of my first 3 figures who I got back in 2012 and only now am I really messing around with him after like 14 or so other hot toys figures. I don't know if he's just old or what, but his arms will only lift but so high. His grappling gun will not magnetize onto the utility belt at all. I never did figure out how to put those polls in his cape. How do I do it? I don't want to cut it and ruin it. I'm just kind of bored of looking at him without some new poses. All I've ever done is switch out the mouth pieces and mess with the pers(which I broke about a year ago. A friend was able to get his eyes into a nice neutral museum pose but they were unfixable as a full mechanism).

I've been reading and skimming this thread but it's ungodly long now, anybody got any advice for my questions? Or can at least point me towards a good tutorial for this figure's accessories. He's got a beautiful sculpt but he's kind of boring and I've even toyed with the idea of selling him one day. My attachment to the character/figure and his broken pers have kept me from doing so though.

it's interesting. I have the same problem with the arms being unposable, other than the museum pose.

I think that if you love the character and the pers is broken, you can try and do some mods before selling the figure, which will loose some value anyway with the broken PERS.

Have you tried a different cape than stock? for 25 usd you can get a returns cape and futz around. That can give the figure some fresh air feeling. Neutral pose or battle pose.

For the arms... I would be tempted to get this figure naked, get a Batman Returns body (with ratchet arms) and give it a go. That may fixthe problem with the arms being unposable!

I have not tried the open cape pose with the batons, sorry.

it's interesting. I have the same problem with the arms being unposable, other than the museum pose.

I think that if you love the character and the pers is broken, you can try and do some mods before selling the figure, which will loose some value anyway with the broken PERS.

Have you tried a different cape than stock? for 25 usd you can get a returns cape and futz around. That can give the figure some fresh air feeling. Neutral pose or battle pose.

For the arms... I would be tempted to get this figure naked, get a Batman Returns body (with ratchet arms) and give it a go. That may fixthe problem with the arms being unposable!

I have not tried the open cape pose with the batons, sorry.

Thanks. I had forgotten the cape even comes off. I may remove the cape and try just working with his arms a bit that way and see if that makes a difference.

This is not a very different pose, but I am using the cape this way (battle style) easily because I use the Returns cape.

I still cannot keep the arms lifted so I plan to try new things myself: maybe heating the suit a bit, maybe replacing the inside body with a ratchet arms one, we'll see.

IMG_3211.JPG

Finally got his cape mechanism working. With his arms not moving very high, it's not as impressive as I hoped but it made me happy. I think I'm gonna keep him now. I've found new life in him.

I'll post some new pics I took of him late. I'm having technical difficulties on my computer it seems.

Love this figure especially because it has sentimental and nostalgic value to me but I don't like the cape on it.

I picked this up for an international seller about 3 or 4 years ago for around $290 since it was already sold out in the US. One of my favorite figures.

What's up guys. I just picked up a second dx09 and am thinking of having it in the classic spread cape pose. Anyone have any issue with stretching/creasing/tearing after leaving the arms up for a while ?
Thanks to all in advance.
Just changed mine up to be in that very post the other day, so too soon to tell if it's going to cause any damage to the armpits. However, it's just too cool looking not to risk it! Had this figure and the Joker since they came out and am still blown away by how good they are; I've sold off many figures but these ones I'm keeping forever.

IMG_0034.jpg

Back