Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope.

A few members (*cough* Nam *cough*) kept saying that the reason this guy wasn't being shown at the conventions with Joker was because Hot Toys didn't have Michael Keaton's likeness. Then there was all this hoopla that the face was gonna suck.

Then one fine August afternoon, pics leaked and it was glorious.

Lol, wheres nam now? hardly see him around these days.

Are you DX09 owners the same cats complaining at the Hot Toys Arkham City Bats thread? I don't get it, our DX09's are doing superb so far- why the sudden hate for a rubberized Batsuit then?

+ Id like to add the very limited articulation.

Yeah, I love my Keaton Bats, but I can't even get his arm to stay straight out in front to pose him with that grapple-gun accessory. Basically he has to stand there with his arms down at his sides on my shelf. Luckily he still looks bad ass holding his batarang down at his side.

Yeah, I love my Keaton Bats, but I can't even get his arm to stay straight out in front to pose him with that grapple-gun accessory. Basically he has to stand there with his arms down at his sides on my shelf. Luckily he still looks bad ass holding his batarang down at his side.

That's weird I have got him to hold out is grapple gun with no problems whats so ever...

1460191_10152044925499346_862926218_n.jpg

It can take some finagling, but you can get him in pretty much any pose he had in the film.

The only problematic articulation/movement point is the elbow since it likes to bend back, but with a little futzing it'll work.

Nope.

A few members (*cough* Nam *cough*) kept saying that the reason this guy wasn't being shown at the conventions with Joker was because Hot Toys didn't have Michael Keaton's likeness. Then there was all this hoopla that the face was gonna suck.

There were also some concerns that the PERS would look bad (since some people hated the DX02), but it turned out pretty fantastic.

Are you DX09 owners the same cats complaining at the Hot Toys Arkham City Bats thread? I don't get it, our DX09's are doing superb so far- why the sudden hate for a rubberized Batsuit then?

I think the suit on this one looks far more well fitting than what is seen on the Arkham City figure. AC Batman is supposed to be huge with a form fitting suit but the folds on that suit destroy that illusion.

I think the suit on this one looks far more well fitting than what is seen on the Arkham City figure. AC Batman is supposed to be huge with a form fitting suit but the folds on that suit destroy that illusion.

But ppl act like it's the final product... Some people just jump to the gun way too soon...

Hopefully Sallah doesn't mind, all credit goes to him for the first pic.

This is the concept art he posted from Batman 1989. This must have been 1987/1988 whereabouts. I guess this is what's under the chest plates we see in the film, I thought it was really interesting,

characterdesigns6_zpsee49936c.jpg

batsuit.png

Screen shot 2014-09-13 at 5.35.13 PM.jpg
SOC-design25p-vin-burnham.jpg

Interesting that they covered up the plating with the black muscle armor. Seems like a waste to develop and create that and never show it (sort of like those gadgets that they produced but we never see). It would have been cool if we saw that plating under neath after he gets injured from the Batwing crash. Imagine a battle damaged look with the under armor exposed from underneath the black of the suit,

Hopefully Sallah doesn't mind, all credit goes to him for the first pic.

This is the concept art he posted from Batman 1989. This must have been 1987/1988 whereabouts. I guess this is what's under the chest plates we see in the film, I thought it was really interesting,

characterdesigns6_zpsee49936c.jpg

batsuit.png

View attachment 133407
SOC-design25p-vin-burnham.jpg

Interesting that they covered up the plating with the black muscle armor. Seems like a waste to develop and create that and never show it (sort of like those gadgets that they produced but we never see). It would have been cool if we saw that plating under neath after he gets injured from the Batwing crash. Imagine a battle damaged look with the under armor exposed from underneath the black of the suit,

Thanks for posting Fab :) I've seen that middle picture of the sculpting of the suit before and wondered what it was all about. I'm glad they went with the muscle look for the armour but is cool to see how they were going.

Back