Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for your input everyone, its much appreciated.

Guobei has said he'll take a deposit on the figures for me, and charge me the rest when they release. Can't really say fairer than that.

I've done that on a number of figures with him. No problems so far. He has always come through for me..

True. But again this is the proto, I'd like to at least get this in hand before declaring it 1/6 champion :lecture

The proto is insane though no 2 ways about it.

What I see in that pic is as close to 1:6 perfection as I've ever seen. The fact that we don't have umpteen photoshops and whiny little Madden images all over the place is also a good sign.

I'm guilty of doing the same with this one. :lol:

11082520502d7622154cdaca7e.jpg

As close to 1:6 perfection as we'll get. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

I have that pic as my Desktop Background :yess:

What I see in that pic is as close to 1:6 perfection as I've ever seen. The fact that we don't have umpteen photoshops and whiny little Madden images all over the place is also a good sign.

:goodpost: Good point. This is as close to perfect out of the gate that I can remember as well :lecture:exactly:

Would you like some? I wouldn't mind throwing a few photoshops up for you if it would make you feel at home. :monkey1

SOOOOOOOOO full of win.... The Joker looks great but I think Batman looks amazing. :monkey2

I wasn't sure how they'd achieve the cape. The movie looked like rubber, but not, maybe leather. It was definitely not your typical cloth cape. HT nailed that thing. It hangs perfectly, looks like the right material. I don't know how a person could want more on that cape.

This is as good a place as any to ask this question that I've been wondering since watching Batman again lately.

Is there a known reason why the batman logo on his suit is different from the promo logo etc?

I wasn't sure how they'd achieve the cape. The movie looked like rubber, but not, maybe leather. It was definitely not your typical cloth cape. HT nailed that thing. It hangs perfectly, looks like the right material. I don't know how a person could want more on that cape.

They sprayed latex over fabric to achieve that walking cape look. Kudos to HT for nailing this, this Fig is a GRAIL.

This is as good a place as any to ask this question that I've been wondering since watching Batman again lately.

Is there a known reason why the batman logo on his suit is different from the promo logo etc?

Nope. I wish it matched the belt, but I'm not gonna fault HT for screen accuracy.

The promo logo is the same as the one for the actual movie and it was different than the one he had on his chest. the one on the figure is accurate to the one he had in the movie.

The promo logo is the same as the one for the actual movie and it was different than the one he had on his chest. the one on the figure is accurate to the one he had in the movie.

Yeah, I know. I just wondered why Burton or whoever used the chest logo vs the logo as it was seen everywhere else Batman 89 showed up. Just curious.

I'm guilty of doing the same with this one. :lol:

11082520502d7622154cdaca7e.jpg

As close to 1:6 perfection as we'll get. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

:goodpost:
That shot completely sells the fig to me.
Funny how Hot Toys always shows so many pics, but the basic shot with the accessories is what I like most (off the top of my head, same thing happened to me with the T2 T-800 and Captain America).

SOOOOOOOOO full of win.... The Joker looks great but I think Batman looks amazing. :monkey2

I think part of the feeling comes from expectation, i think most people expected Joker to look as good as he does, he's very standard for a 1/6 figure, but i think expectations were lower with Batman especially concerning the cape is it is something HT's never done before and their Nolan capes were flawed, so seeng such an amazing result on Batman stands out more.

:goodpost:
That shot completely sells the fig to me.
Funny how Hot Toys always shows so many pics, but the basic shot with the accessories is what I like most (off the top of my head, same thing happened to me with the T2 T-800 and Captain America).

I see where you're coming from. Probably because these are the pics that seem to show what its likely to look like when you display it on your shelf. (No custom lighting with custom backdrops.)

I think part of the feeling comes from expectation, i think most people expected Joker to look as good as he does, he's very standard for a 1/6 figure, but i think expectations were lower with Batman especially concerning the cape is it is something HT's never done before and their Nolan capes were flawed, so seeng such an amazing result on Batman stands out more.

Or maybe you're just overthinking it and Batman's just that damn good. :lol

Back