Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nova has the right idea. I just canceled this too for Samurai Predator.

I cancelled for better reasons that to afford something else.

I just can't turn a blind eye to simple facts. It looks great in the pics but that's not what'll be arriving.

1. The final version probably won't look as good as the one shown in the preview images.
  2. The poses shown won't be achievable and the articulation will be far too restrictive.
  3. The rubber costume will likely degrade/break/split judging by HT's inability to correct past mistakes.
  4. The high price point for few accessories and features
  5. And i'm just not a big enough fan of this version to overlook some of those things and be satisfied with a figure that i can't pose much without worry of damaging it.

So the high price coupled with limited articulation and shelf life means i just can't see the value of it in the long run, & i won't buy anymore rubber figures until Hot Toys makes a statement about fixing the problems with multiple figures so far.

Last edited:
What if the final version looks as good or better than the preview images?

What if the poses can be achieved from what we've seen?

What if the rubber is better than the previous two HT Batman figures? Hot Toys should certainly be aware of this.

Most importantly, what are you gonna do when Hot Toys inevitably uses rubber for their Metal Gear Solid line? Pass?

I cancelled for better reasons that to afford something else.

I just can't turn a blind eye to simple facts. It looks great in the pics but that's not what'll be arriving.

1. The final version probably won't look as good as the one shown in the preview images.
  2. The poses shown won't be achievable and the articulation will be far too restrictive.
  3. The rubber costume will likely degrade/break/split judging by HT's inability to correct past mistakes.
  4. The high price point for few accessories and features

So the high price coupled with limited articulation and shelf life means i just can't see the value of it in the long run, & i won't buy anymore rubber figures until Hot Toys makes a statement about fixing the problems with multiple figures so far.

The new jack sparrow figure looks exactly like how it was in the preview pics.

And dude it comes with everything he used in the movie and more.

But its your decision at the end of the day.

Last edited:
I don't know. It's been discussed that the rubber on this figure looks pretty solid and thick, especially with that texture. The new Begins suit always looked thin at the convention displays, you could tell with how easily the suit bunched up.

Just look at the shots above. It looks as thick as a tire, especially around the chest/torso. What about this?

110825204758c642755fc5a81c.jpg

That doesn't look squishy at all. In fact, it looks as solid as the grapple gun attached to his belt.

We'll see though. Hot Toys' track record with rubber suit figures hasn't been kind. I'm willing to find out this last time. If it has problems, I pass on every future rubber figure that Hot Toys produces and return this sucker.

Oh and FYI to anyone interested. The latest figure that's out is different from the original prototype. Hot Toys has made it more accurate and changed the abs sculpt a bit to match what was on screen.

I can't justify buying the Batmobile if i can't at least turn the keaton/ Batman head ever so slightly when sitting in the car. I did see where it says that the Hot toys 89 Batman will have 30 points of Articulation. However, i didn't see any restrictions advertised for any body part (hope that's a good thing). C'mon Hot Toys a little more info on R.O.M (range of motion) in the head/neck area............Please!!! :dunno

Hopefully HT will have nailed this figure, as in my opinion, it's one of the best Batman costumes made. I just hope the rubber is sturdy, but not too sturdy to resrict movement.

I'm betting that the whole upper suit is a solid sculpt , like the new Super Predators . I can't find and joints on the arms because the pics are dark and it doesn't really show the inner elbows.

I could be wrong but that would be awesome if it is sculpted - No worries about the RUBBERZZZZ

Oh and FYI to anyone interested. The latest figure that's out is different from the original prototype. Hot Toys has made it more accurate and changed the abs sculpt a bit to match what was on screen.

Thats good to know.I have nt anticipated a release this much since the Tumbler.It ll be a good day when this arrives!!

I haven't gotten a rubber body HT figure, this is going to be my first... even if it melts in the end, I doubt I'll regret buying it as Batman means a lot to me.

If it does, I'll just make a custom body or something and never buy another rubber suit figure again. :lol.

The info on this 1/6 Batman Action figure states the same as their other 1/6 Hot Toys releases which is 30 points of Articulation.....I don't see any mentioning of R.O.M (Range of motion) restrictions, especially the neck area. Now, I'm new to the Hot Toys world....Just purchased my first Hot Toys 1/6 Superman.....I Luv him, I'm hooked. :clap

The info on this 1/6 Batman Action figure states the same as their other 1/6 Hot Toys releases which is 30 points of Articulation.....I don't see any mentioning of R.O.M (Range of motion) restrictions, especially the neck area. Now, I'm new to the Hot Toys world....Just purchased my first Hot Toys 1/6 Superman.....I Luv him, I'm hooked. :clap

Congrtats on Supes! :rock He's a perfect first figure for the HT virgin.

Even though Bats'll have the 30 points there's a possibility his suit will restrict some movement like other figures. HT doesn't mention this so we just have to wait til it's in hand to find out.

Wasn't Keaton's costume pretty much a sweatsuit with bits of molded rubber glued onto the undersuit? If HT goes that route, nobody has to worry about restricted movement.

His suit's armor was on and under suit but judging from the proto pics it's hard to tell what direction HT went with the design.

If they made the shoulder and chest armor one piece like the costume then that'll be restrictive and if the hip and thigh armor is too rigid then there's another spot that's going to be limited.

I'M not sure if hot toys check this site ,but realy hope we get a giant BATSYMBOL BOX like SUPERMANS packaging to display later would be great instead of regular shoebox packaging....

I'M asking people to go on facebook and message" HOT TOYS" to make the 1989 movie batsymbol packaging for KEATON BATS OR NEXT batman instead of the SHOEBOX packaging ,because supermans design rocks, and SO SHOULD BATMAN !!!!!

I'm betting that the whole upper suit is a solid sculpt , like the new Super Predators . I can't find and joints on the arms because the pics are dark and it doesn't really show the inner elbows.

I could be wrong but that would be awesome if it is sculpted - No worries about the RUBBERZZZZ

I find it annoying that they chose to darken the area of where the principle joints are in the preview pics, while the abs do look solid and hard, the arms and legs at least at the joints have to be soft for rotation.

If they go hard at them spots then the rubber problems won't be a factor but the articulation will be near non-existent

Back