Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On set, it looked like it was made out of metal.

I usually buy stuff from HK when it comes out, but with this one I'll wait for any QC issues to emerge. I so want this figure to be perfect.

htp021_2.jpg

Left ear a little off. Broken maybe? Still.:gah::panic::monkey3

Love it.

Keaton likeness is awesome.

If the DX 02 problem, Comedian issues, all those facebook posts, requests to Sideshow for the Begins Batman and just the overall complaints about rubber haven't reached Hot Toys, there's something wrong.

Logic would show you that since all these problems have occurred they'll make damn well sure it doesn't happen with this. Especially after the strong partnership Hot Toys and Sideshow has going on now. If the above incidents, messages and replacements haven't reached them, nothing will.

I have faith though. Here's hoping for the best possible '89 Batman figure. Hopefully it sets a standard on how rubber component/type suits SHOULD be done and they follow this for a TDKR or any future Batman they come into contact with. If something does happen, this figure is the last time I purchase anything from Hot Toys with rubber.

:goodpost::clap:lecture:clap:goodpost:

Wasn't the '89 film suit's torso a hard plate of armor over a fabric/nylon/soft latex body suit? When he lifts his arms in the film, you can see the fabric stretch from the bicep-to-armpit area. You can see where the hard plate ended. It was never a one piece rubber sweater like the Forever, B&R, and BB suits were.

Goes to reason that HT could have done the same. Are there any photos in which you can see the figure's arms lifted without being shrouded in shadow (like in the official pics)?

Rubber leaking probably won't be an issue with this figure.

1989Batsuit6.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. It was like a black nylon or vinyl jumpsuit with the armor attached to it. Hot Toys pics looks like all rubber with the armor molded. Custom Workz and Sovereign Studions did the same with their figures attaching the armor onto a jumpsuit. Not that this would be a deal breaker for me, since I'm not passing this up for nothing. But would have been a tad cooler if they went the same route as movie in term as accuracy. But maybe it could have limited the poseabilty? I had a custom work Bats and trying to pose that was tough.

Im sure it can be futzed with to look better than that, Im not terribly bothered at all though, the actual cape and entire suit is 89 tacky! i can't wait for these guys. Where did these photos come from? in hand?

Saw on FB some Koren Artist Autograph session for Hot Toys and those pics were by someone named Luka.

Yeah, everything looks great but the cape. Futzing will definitely make it look better but I'm afraid it'll be another case of the two ply making it too thick and puffy no matter what.

I wonder why they don't do the suit in to separate pieces like they original did with the first HT release from Batman begins and the Medicom figures. I have had those figures for years and I have never once had any problems with the suits. And to me they look better and the articulation is the same. So I wonder why Hot Toys is so gung ho on the rubber outfits as of late, especially with all the QC problems?

Wow. You'd think he could have afforded to comission a better Keaton Batman than that.... I mean, Autobotjohn's Keaton looks a touch better than that one.

That's actually Michael Jackson's head and likeness, literally. It's a replica of his face in the Batman cowl instead of Keaton.

As for the cape I'm not really liking what I'm seeing. Maybe it'll be better in person. If not, LANCE WHERE ART THOU!

Back