Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm an Indy fan and came in to enjoy a relaxed and upbeat forum discussion with fellow Indy and HT fans!

LOL...just teasing! I'll exit quickly now!

You guys dissing this figure are weird :)

.... Sure, likeness could be well improved, but everything else (the backdrop with the idol look ace) is looking good.

Tiny head on big body
Super clean clothes

These two things affect my opinion of the figure as a whole as much as the headsculpt not being quite as good as it could be.

I guess the thing about the sculpt is...to me it looks more like that guy who plops the fedora on Young Indy's head in the opening sequence of "Last Crusade" than Indy himself...so...

If someone's being dying to set that up as a display, well, HT will have a nice expensive figure to do it with soon...:lol

review_indy2_17.jpg
ss901264.jpg

Jeez, color aside, even the Hasbro shirt looks better.... It actually fits like a real shirt. HT's wide open out-of-scale collar makes Indy look like a 6 year old trying on his Daddy's clothes....

Jeez, color aside, even the Hasbro shirt looks better.... It actually fits like a real shirt. HT's wide open out-of-scale collar makes Indy look like a 6 year old trying on his Daddy's clothes....

Yeah his head looks ridiculously small in that shot...or his body ridiculously big.

Sorry. I don't think those are any good either. :dunno

I see a little Ford in there, but the likeness and quality of sculpt are nowhere near what they should be and nowhere near Trevor's many Ford sculpts. I know these are early Kim sculpts and they show--they look a bit amateurish.

I think those sculpts are better, but still substandard. Our expectations have gotten way higher than that, because in no small part to some of HTs outstanding realeases and also because of the incredible custom sculpts shown on these boards. Those Fords look amateurish in comparison. There's no reason why we shouldn't be looking at something as good as Adam's "Bale" sculpt IMO.

Really? Have you actually seen the Hasbro shirt? The buttons, pleats, and pockets are all printed on the shirt! I was really looking forward to Hasbro's 12" Indys before they came out, but even on clearance, I could never bring myself to buy one. I picked one up on more than one occasion and halfway to the register turned around and took it back.

And no, I really don't see how the jackets look the same either :cuckoo:

The Han Solo sculpt looks more like Nathan Fillion than Ford. That Indy sculpt looks like Gregory Peck. The mouth and jaw area is wrong on both.

Point of these, is the potential is there. Kim CAN do Ford!

Actually, I see the opposite. The reality is, he's been sculpting Ford all this time and seeing as how HT's Indy shows virtually no improvement over those older sculpts (which show no improvement among themselves), it's safe to say Kim just can't seem to nail the likeness.

As an "outsider" (no big fan of Indy and haven't bought any Indy figures/collectibles), I'm kinda surprised at all the hate this figure gets...
I do see the issues with the likeness and the body they chose, but is everything else really that bad?
The clothing and gear look pretty good... is it that inaccurate?

On the other hand, I also thought Sideshow's Indy was a great figure, so what do I know? :dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back