Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

That's not strictly true. There's a massive fanbase out there for the Old Republic stuff for example. I'm sure a lot of people, original trilogy purists included, would love to see the likes of Revan, Traya, and Bane brought to the screen. A lot of those guys also really like The Clone Wars, even if they're not the biggest PT fans. They're just not prepared to accept sub-standard uninspired films like what Disney served up with the sequel trilogy. The fact is if it's high quality, respectful, and enjoyable then most fans will buy into it regardless of what era it's set in. You could argue that the ST, while fun at times, was none of those things. The original trilogy fans shouldn't be blamed for the lukewarm reception the ST received, or for Disney not exploring other eras.

I'm in pretty much agreement with the Capt. I'm what some would consider an "OT" fan first but that doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy some parts of the PT.

The films "Rogue One", "Solo" and "The Mandalorian" show have high marks from me. Content was key.

As for the DC universe, while being a big Nolan Bats fan, I rank "Man of Steel" as one of my favorite "super-hero" films. (Not sure if there's any corollary there, though...) :monkey3

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

That's not strictly true. There's a massive fanbase out there for the Old Republic stuff for example. I'm sure a lot of people, original trilogy purists included, would love to see the likes of Revan, Traya, and Bane brought to the screen. A lot of those guys also really like The Clone Wars, even if they're not the biggest PT fans. They're just not prepared to accept sub-standard uninspired films like what Disney served up with the sequel trilogy. The fact is if it's high quality, respectful, and enjoyable then most fans will buy into it regardless of what era it's set in. You could argue that the ST, while fun at times, was none of those things. The original trilogy fans shouldn't be blamed for the lukewarm reception the ST received, or for Disney not exploring other eras.

I agree that the rise of skywalker is an "sub-standard uninspired" but the others dont, TFA is a good remake,Rogue One is an excellent action movie, Solo should been a tv series rather than a movie it would work better, TLJ will age just like the ESB and be remembered as one of the greatest star wars content.
Not all marvel movie is "high quality, respectful, and enjoyable", but the fans respect and move on, they embrace the content and discuss with good arguments but maintain decent and not attack with hate speeches actors, directors or producers just like what happens with star wars

I'm in pretty much agreement with the Capt. I'm what some would consider an "OT" fan first but that doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy some parts of the PT.

The films "Rogue One", "Solo" and "The Mandalorian" show have high marks from me. Content was key.

As for the DC universe, while being a big Nolan Bats fan, I rank "Man of Steel" as one of my favorite "super-hero" films. (Not sure if there's any corollary there, though...) :monkey3

I said that they didn't accept the man of steel because they were comparing them so much to the point that henry cavill never stood a chance the gain their acceptance.

I agree that the rise of skywalker be an "sub-standard uninspired" but the others dont, TFA is a good remake,Rogue One is an excellent action movie, Solo should been a tv series rather than a movie it would work better, TLJ will age just like the ESB and be remembered as one of the greatest star wars content.
Not all marvel movie is "high quality, respectful, and enjoyable", but the fans respect and move on, they embrace the content and discuss with good arguments but maintain decent and not attack with hate speeches actors, directors or producers just like what happens with star wars.

But at least Marvel had a plan and respected the source material more or less. I've heard before "when you're winning you're winning". Meaning even if there is a bad film or some not so good choices, fans can move on and then comes the next one. So long as they are all pretty good they have momentum and fans can be a bit more forgiving.

I also wouldn't say Marvel fans don't voice their opinion as to what they didn't like. Have a look at some of the threads.

In any case, had the ST had a through line plan and respected the main characters more, I think many of the OT fans would have cut them a bit more slack.

Most of the OT "negativity" come from a place of disappointment. The OT fans love Star Wars. And if it's badly mishandled, with no plan or through line then they will tell you about it.

Lol at anyone who thinks TLJ will age like ESB. Go check Rotten Tomatoes approval rating pal. It's widely despised. Not just disliked, but downright hated.

Its like what happened with the whole cinematic universe of DC, they wanted Nolan Bats and Reeve Supes back, they wanted Ledger Joker over Leto Joker, they critics the new vision because they could not leave the past where it belongs, in the past. Aquaman and Wonder Woman dont have a past icon so they did just fine in the audience.

?.You're not at all wrong here.

The fact that people age over time or actually die does not factor in. Hence we have people wanting to see 77 year old Harrison Ford play his character at age 25, and they will not hear logic. Or people bitching about Reeve, who has been dead for years, and was a quadriplegic before that. NOPE OG ONLY.

:cuckoo:

Re: Boba Fett in Mandalorian Season 2 - New figure Coming?

You should see the crap about all this on FB. According to half of FB, the focus of this show is now going to shift to Ahsoka and she will be dragging Rex along with her because... why not. Rex would be far too old for all this.

Yes, Rex "has to appear" and he'll manifest first in a series of Ahsoka flashbacks and... I just cant with all this! It makes absolutely no sense. I am amazed at the amount of anti-Fett sentiment and the "omg that can't be who it is, it has GOT TO BE REX." "HOW can we have Ahsoka without Rex?!" I dunno, but this show is not about Ahsoka. She's guest-starring. [I think?]

We have a show about a bounty-hunter, about bounty-hunting in general and also featuring an alien kid with a giant bounty on his head. Who in all the SW universe likes giant bounties more than just about anyone? Who's most likely to show up? An elderly Clone Wars soldier? I doubt it. That giant bounty will serve as chum for one of the galaxy's biggest predators, and he flies a Firespray. I am guessing he'll cameo at the end of the season and we'll spend six months fretting about some giant cliffhanger.

Fett and Mando are gonna cross swords, bet on it. This is gonna be interesting.

With that said, you know we'll be getting a show version of Fett and HT is probably even now working on it. *sighs*

Won't take that bet:cool: until I see storyline which could be Fett tagging along with Mando and whoever Michael Biehn is playing along with Cara in some sort of Expendables kinda thing. Since Mando re episode 6 spent some time on the gritty side of the tracks. Din D'jarin doesn't have to like who he works with to get a job done. Plus there's today's breaking news of another character:banana.

With Favreau directing an episode there could be a welcome self-insert as well. AND Bill Burr is cast for season 2. Sounds maybe like s suspiciously kick-ass Dirty Dozen or 7 Samurai.
7 x 250$ = $1750 + 250 (Gideon) + 220 (new Child) + 280 (Ahsoka) + 560 (random must have characters) = ~$3,000 for Season 2.:monkey3

Eventually tho IMO the ultimate would be the appearance of Luke, I suppose, either with Sebastian Stan or de-aging Hamill, down the road. In any case this all sounds HT-expensive.:horror:crying:blissysmi

Lol at anyone who thinks TLJ will age like ESB. Go check Rotten Tomatoes approval rating pal. It's widely despised. Not just disliked, but downright hated.

So if Rotten Tomatoes says its bad, than its bad. you don't have a personal opinion?
but going by your standards here is the score from rotten:

-Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 94%
-Star Wars: The Force Awakens 93%
-Star Wars: A New Hope 92%
-STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI 91%

"The last jedi" is the fourth best ranked star wars movie by rotten tomatoes, TOMATOMETER is the opinion that counts

TOMATOMETER is the opinion that counts

3dabeca68c5bfc65fd230e2282a19550.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

?.You're not at all wrong here.

The fact that people age over time or actually die does not factor in. Hence we have people wanting to see 77 year old Harrison Ford play his character at age 25, and they will not hear logic. Or people bitching about Reeve, who has been dead for years, and was a quadriplegic before that. NOPE OG ONLY.

:cuckoo:
It's much more likely that the franchise will just not be popular anymore.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Re: Boba Fett in Mandalorian Season 2 - New figure Coming?

Won't take that bet:cool: until I see storyline which could be Fett tagging along with Mando and whoever Michael Biehn is playing along with Cara in some sort of Expendables kinda thing. Since Mando re episode 6 spent some time on the gritty side of the tracks. Din D'jarin doesn't have to like who he works with to get a job done. Plus there's today's breaking news of another character

If Mando were *chasing* a huge bounty, that'd be one thing. Fett does occasionally team with people.

But in this case Mando HAS the hard merchandise. The most logical thing I can think of is that someone, maybe Gideon but maybe someone even more highly placed than him is gonna say "I want that kid dead or alive, 5 million credits dead and ten million!! alive," Fett's gonna make sure the First Order has his bank routing number straight - and it'll be ON. He is the *perfect* antagonist in this situation.

Eventually tho IMO the ultimate would be the appearance of Luke, I suppose, either with Sebastian Stan or de-aging Hamill, down the road.

While I think Stan might well make a good Luke, I think I'd like to see anything else BUT Skywalkers for quite some time to come. It strikes me that they are already trying to pack way way WAY too many people into these 30 minute episodes.

In any case this all sounds HT-expensive.

Yes, it certainly does. *big sigh*

TLJ will age just like the ESB and be remembered as one of the greatest star wars content.

I know I'm throwing myself into the firing line here but I'm glad I'm not alone in this. It's a testament to that film's legacy that's there's still rabid opinions coming from both sides about the quality of the movie (which is maybe more a comment on people's need to be on either extreme to feel validated) - while TFA and TROS kind of flew in one ear and out the other.

But I think in line with that, the day will come when only TLJ will be most likely be seen as the only true spiritual successor to the original trilogy (The Mandalorian aisde) in that it met the expectations and spectacle worthy of its beholden franchise whilst pushing character agencies actually informed by decisions and not some random fate subjected to them by destiny or lineage (which was back-pedalled hard in TROS).

I remember the big thing after Force Awakens wasn't the questions fans immediately thrust themselves upon like Snoke's backstory or who the Knights of Ren were but whether the next film would have the guts to take the franchise somewhere different which in my opinion, it did clinically.

Also I think it's an appeal to authority and group-think by pulling up scores and ratings when it's much more healthy to come up with your own opinion. I believe a lot of the backlash for TLJ was exacerbated by an overkill amount of YouTube clickbait 'critics' essentially regurgitating the same thing over and over again that didn't do the fandom any favors.

TLJ will age just like the ESB and be remembered as one of the greatest star wars content.
Not only will this happen but it’s already happening.

So if Rotten Tomatoes says its bad, than its bad. you don't have a personal opinion?
but going by your standards here is the score from rotten:

-Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 94%
-Star Wars: The Force Awakens 93%
-Star Wars: A New Hope 92%
-STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI 91%

"The last jedi" is the fourth best ranked star wars movie by rotten tomatoes, TOMATOMETER is the opinion that counts

What the hell is this?

Dont tell this is another pathetic clone created by Malgus.

Also I think it's an appeal to authority and group-think by pulling up scores and ratings when it's much more healthy to come up with your own opinion. I believe a lot of the backlash for TLJ was exacerbated by an overkill amount of YouTube clickbait 'critics' essentially regurgitating the same thing over and over again that didn't do the fandom any favors.

Alright then if you don't think the review backlash is valid(it was) then we can examine the damage it did to Solo(made it bomb fantastically), the theme park(same story), and the toys(they don't sell). We could also discuss how most of Johnson's core ideas were repudiated in TROS in an effort to calm the backlash. No matter how it is spun by those who liked the agenda of TLJ, it will always be remembered as a divisive film that damaged the franchise, and by most lifelong fans of the OT an abomination.

Alright then if you don't think the review backlash is valid(it was) then we can examine the damage it did to Solo(made it bomb fantastically), the theme park(same story), and the toys(they don't sell). We could also discuss how most of Johnson's core ideas were repudiated in TROS in an effort to calm the backlash. No matter how it is spun by those who liked the agenda of TLJ, it will always be remembered as a divisive film that damaged the franchise, and by most lifelong fans of the OT an abomination.

Ah yes, the agenda of TLJ. So much agenda it was like a political rally most obviously. This is the one contention that is frustrating, it’s not enough to disagree with the creative choices of a film, it’s not enough to dislike it for its direction, no people have to peddle some agenda and allege a nefarious sociopolitical engineering in an action film relying too much on subverting expectations. Whenever I ask for proof of this agenda, most just say you know what it is or you can’t understand it. None of those rationalizations hold up to scrutiny. I don’t see anything controversial about including war profiteering, animal abuse, being disappointed by meeting your heroes who are just human and as flawed as any, and women in positions of political and military power even if these elements were used heavy handedly in places.

Ah yes, the agenda of TLJ. So much agenda it was like a political rally most obviously. This is the one contention that is frustrating, it?s not enough to disagree with the creative choices of a film, it?s not enough to dislike it for its direction, no people have to peddle some agenda and allege a nefarious sociopolitical engineering in an action film relying too much on subverting expectations. Whenever I ask for proof of this agenda, most just say you know what it is or you can?t understand it. None of those rationalizations hold up to scrutiny. I don?t see anything controversial about including war profiteering, animal abuse, being disappointed by meeting your heroes who are just human and as flawed as any, and women in positions of political and military power even if these elements were used heavy handedly in places.

?.has the passage of time magically rendered "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" into a much-beloved classic? No....?

The reason people hate TLJ isn't because there were women on the screen, or whatever. Its disliked because it had stupid stuff in it. Luke tossing his lightsaber: stupid. Leia flying through space without a suit: stupid. That purple-haired admiral or whatever she was: SUPER STUPID. She did stupid stuff and worse than stupid, it made no logical sense.

This is annoying and it breaks enjoyable suspension of disbelief. The franchise really, really NEEDS TO STOP this sort of thing. They try to cram way too much into one movie, they have to hit all the social points and the plot gets left behind, or fragmented into bits. I don't care if there are women on the screen, so long as they are behaving in a way that drives the plot.

TLJ was a train-wreck. It was driven right into a bridge-piling.

?.has the passage of time magically rendered "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" into a much-beloved classic? No....?

The reason people hate TLJ isn't because there were women on the screen, or whatever. Its disliked because it had stupid stuff in it. Luke tossing his lightsaber: stupid. Leia flying through space without a suit: stupid. That purple-haired admiral or whatever she was: SUPER STUPID. She did stupid stuff and worse than stupid, it made no logical sense.

This is annoying and it breaks enjoyable suspension of disbelief. The franchise really, really NEEDS TO STOP this sort of thing. They try to cram way too much into one movie, they have to hit all the social points and the plot gets left behind, or fragmented into bits. I don't care if there are women on the screen, so long as they are behaving in a way that drives the plot.

TLJ was a train-wreck. It was driven right into a bridge-piling.

All I see is opinion and opinion. It is noted and not that eloquently expressed as well. I just see repeated points that don’t address the context of the film. Injecting “social points” briefly with no examples is exactly the issue I raised. What are those social points, how are they indicative of a wider agenda and how are they detrimental to the film?

Han Solo and Leia didn’t have suits on in space on an asteroid, they didn’t need pressurized suits for some reason in Empire Strikes Back.

Back