Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For fear of this turning into a Star Wars waifu thread, I’ll just say I’m still thrilled he nabbed Ming-Na Wen.
Ming-Na-Wen-ming-na-38108629-400-225.gif
I like this thread because it's like Mos Eisley Cantina, this is where all the scum and villainy hang out. As for Ming-Na Star Wars has a scary amount of 40+ year old hotties.

For fear of this turning into a Star Wars waifu thread, I’ll just say I’m still thrilled he nabbed Ming-Na Wen.
Ming-Na-Wen-ming-na-38108629-400-225.gif
Ming-Na Wen is more age appropriate for me than all the young actresses most of this lot drool over.
I'm not complaining. I've had a thing for Ming-Na since 94.

Last edited:
Yep. What could have been a must have line will likely end soon. We'll see this summer if Sideshow are still pushing and reveal another proto or two.

Such a wasted opportunity. Sideshow really knows how to F things up.
Though i'd love for another manufacturer to take over that animated line, i'm not really sure how i would balance my budget if it were to meet my expectations.

Somehow, i'm kind of thankful to Sideshow to have messed up with this :p

Though i'd love for another manufacturer to take over that animated line, i'm not really sure how i would balance my budget if it were to meet my expectations.

Somehow, i'm kind of thankful to Sideshow to have messed up with this :p
Yeah put me in that boat as well. Same applies for space.

Sideshow are a crazy company. They're sitting on all those great SW aliens/creatures they could just re-issue with some improvements. I know, I know improvements isn't a word in Sideshow's vocabulary. Come on though they could make limited edition runs of 1000-2000 or so, and surely they'd sell. Most of those figures go for obscene amounts on eBay. I for one would be in for a couple of Tauntauns, a Dewback, Gamorrean Guards, the ESB bounty hunters, an improved Bib Fortuna, the Modal Nodes, and anything from Mos Eisley Cantina or Jabba's Palace. It's not like anyone else is going to make those any time soon. No, they'd rather let Hot Toys do all their work for them and cream off the profits. Lazy company!

Sideshow are a crazy company. They're sitting on all those great SW aliens/creatures they could just re-issue with some improvements. I know, I know improvements isn't a word in Sideshow's vocabulary. Come on though they could make limited edition runs of 1000-2000 or so, and surely they'd sell. Most of those figures go for obscene amounts on eBay. I for one would be in for a couple of Tauntauns, a Dewback, Gamorrean Guards, the ESB bounty hunters, an improved Bib Fortuna, the Modal Nodes, and anything from Mos Eisley Cantina or Jabba's Palace. It's not like anyone else is going to make those any time soon. No, they'd rather let Hot Toys do all their work for them and cream off the profits. Lazy company!
I dunno why any of you want SS to make aliens or side characters or whatever; their quality is going to be absolutely dog **** just like those TCW figures are.

Plus they're gonna charge you HT prices for them.

It takes a lot of resources to produce figures and Sideshow has positioned themselves as more of a distributor for a while.

Products produced under their own banner also have been seeing more of the process outsourced to other people and companies.

As much as I want to see more aliens and creatures, I don’t think Sideshow is in a place to do it in terms of resources or wanting to take on the risk.

Which puts us in an unfortunate place since some are too niche for Hot Toys to do, Hot Toys is too busy in general, and no one else would be allowed to get the license.

I dunno why any of you want SS to make aliens or side characters or whatever; their quality is going to be absolutely dog **** just like those TCW figures are.

This too. Almost every re-release of a past figure has been some kind of disaster that was worse than the original.

They would be expensive and fragile with questionable quality control and entering into a highly competitive market.

Even for people who love Star Wars aliens, I don’t think it’d sit well knowing a Sideshow figure would cost the same as a Hot Toys, or two would cost as much as an InArt.

Their Jabba is fantastic, their Skiff Lando (helmet on) is also pretty damn good. I’ve also owned their TIE Pilot and R5. Their Hoth Han and Luke are also excellent, only let down by the headsculpts (a common problem with SS and humans). Yes, they’re very hit and miss, but I think a lot of people would tell you some of those old aliens and bounty hunters are very decent. Of course the issue would be updating them, which if their Grievous is anything to go by means they probably wouldn’t.

Their Jabba is fantastic, their Skiff Lando (helmet on) is also pretty damn good. I’ve also owned their TIE Pilot and R5. Their Hoth Han and Luke are also excellent, only let down by the headsculpts (a common problem with SS and humans).
Headsculpts are the most important aspect of these figures imo, so... :lol
Yes, they’re very hit and miss, but I think a lot of people would tell you some of those old aliens and bounty hunters are very decent. Of course the issue would be updating them, which if their Grievous is anything to go by means they probably wouldn’t.
I will never trust another Sideshow 1/6 scale figure as long as I live. Their Darth Maul looks good but it's held together by sheer ******* thoughts and prayers, can't even hold the lightsaber without hands falling off and him doing the splits.

Back