Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys "The Mandalorian" Figures

While I get being cautious with this, this show will be part of Triple Force Friday along with the TROS and is the flagship show for Disney+.

That, with how Hot Toys has done multiple Fett’s, including the Pre Pro, I just can’t see them skipping out on this guy.

Yep he's a given.

I'll be just interested which other figures they'll do. Depending on show appeal (which should be pretty high from what I've seen and heard) I'd say 2-3 figures. A Stormtrooper like that Incinerator Trooper is also an easy repaint for HT with some accessories.

With all the money Disney is dumping into this show, they’re hoping (so am I) that this’ll be their sci-fi equivalent to HBO’s GoT. HT will definitely do the Mandalorian figure and with scanning technology these days they better get the damn helmet right by now. Most likely something’ll be off... Only slightly I hope. I can’t wait for 10+ hours of some SW Bounty Huntin’.

Hot Toys may do the main character but that would be it. A trooper at best but given how they didn't release the SOLO troopers I don't know. At this stage it's all Marvel.

Hot Toys may do the main character but that would be it. A trooper at best but given how they didn't release the SOLO troopers I don't know. At this stage it's all Marvel.

Because Solo was a fun but easily forgotten movie. Maybe the pre-order numbers on the first releases were disappointing. Rogue One proved if Star Wars is done very well then the figures will sell... and by God did they sell! The Mandalorian looks like it could be as good as Rogue One, and just going by the responses on here, it already has a lot of the hardcore fanbase behind it.

Yep, but end of the year belongs to Star Wars.

However I do agree to an extent, Star Wars is not a 100% given and now in some ways has to prove themselves somewhat.

That said, I do have 100% faith in The Mandalorian given the cast, directors, creative leads, the money being spent and that it is their lead property for Disney +.

Though I like MCU, apart from first Iron Man, noone is outstanding for me. They are fun, I like comics, but does not evoke any emotion in me. Interestingly, I didn't even enjoy so-hyped Black Panther. Maybe I am getting old, I don't know.

Because Solo was a fun but easily forgotten movie. Maybe the pre-order numbers on the first releases were disappointing. Rogue One proved if Star Wars is done very well then the figures will sell... and by God did they sell! The Mandalorian looks like it could be as good as Rogue One, and just going by the responses on here, it already has a lot of the hardcore fanbase behind it.

Yeah I think HT is pretty tuned in to what the fans are really excited about when it comes to SW. It was obvious that there wasn't much interest out there in Solo, so the fact they cut back on figures wasn't surprising at all. But the enthusiasm for Mandalorian is pretty hard to miss, so I'm sure we'll see at least a few characters.

Whether they're the figures we actually want or not is another matter. Lol

Though I like MCU, apart from first Iron Man, noone is outstanding for me. They are fun, I like comics, but does not evoke any emotion in me. Interestingly, I didn't even enjoy so-hyped Black Panther. Maybe I am getting old, I don't know.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that but unfortunately, you're in the minority. I also didn't like Black Panther either but yeah, the masses say otherwise and that's just how it is. And it's not a 50/50 split like people who love/hate TLJ. It's probably like 95/5:lol

I think people are biased towards MCU. If it's a MCU movie, it's fabulous. Opposite trend can be seen among SW fans. If it's not OT, it's trash.

I think people are biased towards MCU. If it's a MCU movie, it's fabulous. Opposite trend can be seen among SW fans. If it's not OT, it's trash.

As a fan of both, I sort of agree but also think there's A LOT more it than that. All you have to look as is how Fiege treats his MCU lore and the crowd response compared to how Kathleen treats Star Wars and its night and day. It's not coincidence that Marvel's 23rd film in 11 years is destroying box office records meanwhile, we're being told that there's "Star Wars fatigue" after 4 movies in 4 years.

As a fan of both, I sort of agree but also think there's A LOT more it than that. All you have to look as is how Fiege treats his MCU lore and the crowd response compared to how Kathleen treats Star Wars and its night and day. It's not coincidence that Marvel's 23rd film in 11 years is destroying box office records meanwhile, we're being told that there's "Star Wars fatigue" after 4 movies in 4 years.

I haven’t followed much of the MCU (outside of watching all the movies) but how does Fiege treat the MCU? I’m well aware how Kathleen Kennedy does so anything different is probably a good thing haha.

I haven’t followed much of the MCU (outside of watching all the movies) but how does Fiege treat the MCU? I’m well aware how Kathleen Kennedy does so anything different is probably a good thing haha.

In one word, with respect. Endgame may be the biggest movie event of our lives and never once did he have to tell anyone to "subvert expectations" or allow any of his directors to troll fans if they disagreed. That right there says it all compared to how SW is being run.

In one word, with respect. Endgame may be the biggest movie event of our lives and never once did he have to tell anyone to "subvert expectations" or allow any of his directors to troll fans if they disagreed. That right there says it all compared to how SW is being run.

:goodpost:

That's about it in a nutshell.

You know, you're right. I've seen Endgame twice, and while futzing newly arrived Dr. Strange, casually watching Infinity War in the background. You can feel love and respect that went into rendering these characters.

You know, you're right. I've seen Endgame twice, and while futzing newly arrived Dr. Strange, casually watching Infinity War in the background. You can feel love and respect that went into rendering these characters.

Awesome. My Doc Strange doesn't get here until next week but everything about him looks awesome. He'll actually be my first non-masked character that's not Star Wars:lol

Awesome. My Doc Strange doesn't get here until next week but everything about him looks awesome. He'll actually be my first non-masked character that's not Star Wars:lol

My Doctor Strange is still standing on my desk here. Have got the "Bands of ???" on him. I like that look. He's a great figure.

Just got to give that huge double barrel spell accessory another go. Not so easy to balance on the fingers.

My Doctor Strange is still standing on my desk here. Have got the "Bands of ???" on him. I like that look. He's a great figure.

Just got to give that huge double barrel spell accessory another go. Not so easy to balance on the fingers.

If that’s the only thing frustrating, I’ll be happy.

Currently, my Sideshow Jango armor falls off when I sneeze in its vicinity so I definitely only trust Hot Toys to make Fett/Mandalorian figures now:lol

Currently, my Sideshow Jango armor falls off when I sneeze in its vicinity so I definitely only trust Hot Toys to make Fett/Mandalorian figures now:lol

Haha with the exception of SS’s recent Maul figure, the last SS figure I bought was Jango. And it was the last because the armor was horrendous. I barely looked at it and couldn’t get the armor back on. SS QC is tenuous at best.

Haha. Yep same thing happens with SS Jawas. Over they go.

They should really add in the disclaimer "not suitable for people who sneeze occasionally".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange's cloak needs some heavy futzing, but it's not the worst thing that could happen. There's a bunch of posts about it in the appropriate thread.

Back