Action Figure Hot Toys: Cyberpunk 2077 Johnny Silverhand 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luckily I know hot toys rarely sell out on pre order so I’ll wait for reviews, but $285 for this? Hell no. For that much it better come with a copy of the game! I still think it looks good, just not worth $285 +.

So is this character officially an amalgam of John Wick and Ted Theodore Logan?

I see this character as the ultimate Keanu figure because it references so many of Keanu's roles and image.

Johnny Silverhand, ex military, rockstar in Cyberpunk genre.

Keanu was a musician in the 90s.
Ted was a rockstar
Keanu played several guys named Johnn (Johnny Utha, John Wick, Johnny Mnemonic, John Constantine)
Johnny Silverhand is a gun expert with military background like John Wick
Keanu did 5 Cyberpunk films, Johnny Mnemonic and 4 Matrix films.

Barebones figure with ugly ass joints. Whats with the pricing? You can get a jam packed figure like Jango Fett for that.

Didn't see $285 as the price when first introduced. Cool character, bad price!

I guess I was just expecting more from the top dog, as someone who really ended up loving the story of the game despite it being a buggy mess and clearly not meant to be released, I was looking forward to this figure and to see a new video game figure from them even if it's just because it's Keanu, hoping they would put the same level of care they do in their Disney figures, but it sucks to see they just reused the John Wick sculpt and tweaked it a bit.
hmHdRNh.jpg

In the game they did a few changes to Keanu's features, he has a scar on his top lip, his widow's peak is more exaggerated which is completely missing from the sculpt.
UJwt0fc.jpg

And the nose also seems too big imo. The open mouth expression is also annoying since in the game the character is more laid back, cocky, a slight smirk or a more neutral expression would've worked much better, one final thing is the sunglasses seem too small/narrow on his face, I can give them a pass for that since it's likely because of the hair but I can think of a few ideas that wouldn't require the glasses to shrink. Overall the sculpt, for me, just seems like it could be so much better, especially considering it's Hot Toys we're talking about.
bai1ghp.jpg

On some final notes about the figure they should've included a cig, how can you not! :lol I agree with Clown that it needs some neck beard too, and to finish, they should start looking into new materials instead of using pleather because those pants will not hold up with time.

As for the game I find it really sad to see how badly it is doing considering there's games that released in much worse states and didn't have this level of outrage, as we now know this was a total failure from the suits above and lack of management, the devs and the team that worked on this game were betrayed by shareholders looking to get that sweet holiday sales money, at least it's good to see it completely blew up in their faces but it sucks for the devs, it really feels like everyone is just dog pilling on it without even seeing it through the end, I played it on a PS4 and yeah it's buggy and the graphics could be better but the story is so immersive and the characters are so great that I managed to look past the bugs which were more hilarious to me than anything else and truly enjoyed the story and path I embarked on, I would love to see a proper V figure along with Panam one day but it's unlikley with the downright toxic response this game is getting.

The HT John Wick has more of a widow's peak, so hopefully this one will too in the final product. I didn't noticed the upper lip scar...until now, thanks...:gah: :lol The dog tags chain should be much thinner, but maybe that's the best they can do in 1/6 scale?

The HT John Wick has more of a widow's peak, so hopefully this one will too in the final product. I didn't noticed the upper lip scar...until now, thanks...:gah: :lol The dog tags chain should be much thinner, but maybe that's the best they can do in 1/6 scale?

Yeah I don't know how they can overlook the widow's peak of all things, it's a defining trait of Keanu's portrait, unless they paint it on the sculpt it seems like the hairline just goes straight aross with a slight widow's peak in the middle, nothing like the game. I'm telling you the in-game model has some unique features, lip scar being one of them which is why I'm disappointed they just recycled the John Wick sculpt and didn't bother adding those features.

The rosary dog tag chain is what's really baffling, there's tons of chains in the market that would look a million times better, especially some in 1/12 scale that would be perfect for 1/6, it's why I asked before, did they just grab the first thing they found laying around in the factory? :lol The figure just seems to be lacking the passion for me, it's serviceable and I'm sure it'll look good as is the case with HT but it could be much more accurate.

I guess I was just expecting more from the top dog, as someone who really ended up loving the story of the game despite it being a buggy mess and clearly not meant to be released, I was looking forward to this figure and to see a new video game figure from them even if it's just because it's Keanu, hoping they would put the same level of care they do in their Disney figures, but it sucks to see they just reused the John Wick sculpt and tweaked it a bit.
hmHdRNh.jpg

In the game they did a few changes to Keanu's features, he has a scar on his top lip, his widow's peak is more exaggerated which is completely missing from the sculpt.
UJwt0fc.jpg

And the nose also seems too big imo. The open mouth expression is also annoying since in the game the character is more laid back, cocky, a slight smirk or a more neutral expression would've worked much better, one final thing is the sunglasses seem too small/narrow on his face, I can give them a pass for that since it's likely because of the hair but I can think of a few ideas that wouldn't require the glasses to shrink. Overall the sculpt, for me, just seems like it could be so much better, especially considering it's Hot Toys we're talking about.
bai1ghp.jpg

On some final notes about the figure they should've included a cig, how can you not! :lol I agree with Clown that it needs some neck beard too, and to finish, they should start looking into new materials instead of using pleather because those pants will not hold up with time.

As for the game I find it really sad to see how badly it is doing considering there's games that released in much worse states and didn't have this level of outrage, as we now know this was a total failure from the suits above and lack of management, the devs and the team that worked on this game were betrayed by shareholders looking to get that sweet holiday sales money, at least it's good to see it completely blew up in their faces but it sucks for the devs, it really feels like everyone is just dog pilling on it without even seeing it through the end, I played it on a PS4 and yeah it's buggy and the graphics could be better but the story is so immersive and the characters are so great that I managed to look past the bugs which were more hilarious to me than anything else and truly enjoyed the story and path I embarked on, I would love to see a proper V figure along with Panam one day but it's unlikley with the downright toxic response this game is getting.
I agree with you on the game regardless of the issue I enjoyed the story and characters, I had fun playing it just for that alone. I want Panam to be made too. Lol of course a good V from HT would also be a bonus but I'll settle for Pure Arts version for now.

Looks pretty cool but I feel like the proportions are off �� like neck is too long and wide and torso looks long...face seems like the wick sculpt with added hair but that is probably just because it’s the same person so it’s hard to tell

Found these on JC hongs page. The sculpt is good definitely no problem even if it's just the JW sculpt reworked a bit. I think if they give him the widows peak and the scar that's missing it could look better. I understand the neck hair that's missing but since this is a neckless sculpt you might end up scuffing the paint from movement. They can probably sculpt the hair on the neck but it still will get scuffed by the sculpt with time. Screenshot_20201219-141135~2.jpgScreenshot_20201219-141149~2.jpgScreenshot_20201219-141214~2.jpg

Back