1/6 Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo ED.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Just got him last Tuesday, and very happy picking this version over a clean(regular) version. He fits perfectly with my First Avenger cap. Age of Ultron version would go well with the Avengers version better.(IMO)
_DSF3773.jpg

Attachments

• _MG_4676.jpg
    _MG_4676.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 226
Re: Hot Toys Captain America:Civil War Captain America"Battling Version" Movie Promo

Great pictures. You're right about the BV CW Cap pairing well with TFA Cap. It would fit the motif even better if TFA was wielding the BD A1 shield.

Got Cap in yesterday and just opened. Wow! I love the figure and I personally think the base is a fantastic addition. The base is great quality. It is possible to display Cap on the stand without the crotch grabber, but will be fairly unstable. The joints on mine are tight and proportions of the body are awesome. Best Cap to date, so glad I picked one up.

Got Cap in yesterday and just opened. Wow! I love the figure and I personally think the base is a fantastic addition. The base is great quality. It is possible to display Cap on the stand without the crotch grabber, but will be fairly unstable. The joints on mine are tight and proportions of the body are awesome. Best Cap to date, so glad I picked one up.
Nice congrats :clap
I'm not a fan of the base but it is getting a lot of praise :clap

I can't wait to get the angry face for this. I need some emotion out of static Cap for once. :lol

P1000350.jpg

Great pics everyone. I'm getting the gritting teeth face too, just hope I can remove this face and slip it in, but if that doesn't work, I'll just get a reg head with the interchangeable faces and deal with it that way.

And the base -- I got this in part BECAUSE OF THE BASE. Love it.

Great pics everyone. I'm getting the gritting teeth face too, just hope I can remove this face and slip it in, but if that doesn't work, I'll just get a reg head with the interchangeable faces and deal with it that way.

And the base -- I got this in part BECAUSE OF THE BASE. Love it.

You'll need to buy the entire head as the one with this version does not support swapping faces.

Just got him last Tuesday, and very happy picking this version over a clean(regular) version. He fits perfectly with my First Avenger cap. Age of Ultron version would go well with the Avengers version better.(IMO)
View attachment 277310

Hey max, is your first avenger cap all stock? Or did you swap out the original body for something else?

Edit- ok I forgot to mention body wise. The head is obviously not from the first avenger.

Hey max, is your first avenger cap all stock? Or did you swap out the original body for something else?

Edit- ok I forgot to mention body wise. The head is obviously not from the first avenger.
The shield, headsculpt and the leg pegs are replaced with the longer pegs, but everything else is stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

The shield, headsculpt and the leg pegs are replaced with the longer pegs, but everything else is stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks man. Your FA cap looks real good. That extra height makes a big difference.

Great pics, Bran! :clap

This is one magnificent piece of badassery.
55c7b686693c1f3ccbe8c2d8bea26bde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was worried the colors on this guy were too bright compared to the movie, but now that I have it in hand, the colors are spot on... For some reason they appear brighter in almost every picture i've seen, including the ones i've taken.

I was worried the colors on this guy were too bright compared to the movie, but now that I have it in hand, the colors are spot on... For some reason they appear brighter in almost every picture i've seen, including the ones i've taken.

In hand the colors are pretty dull. It looks more movie accurate then I imagine the regular version will because it will be clean(and AoU and CW suits were both duller than the figures).

What's the deal with how the shield attaches to Cap's back? Is it a backwards step from the magnets used in the previous version?
I only have Avengers Assemble Cap and want to replace him with a newer one. from a review I've watched on YouTube I just can't get over the way the shield looks on his back, looks too far away and not high enough either. Does it look as bad in person?

Great pics Bransen!! :clap

Cool pictures, bransen!

Great pics, Bran! :clap

Thanks guys :wave :hi5: :duff
What's the deal with how the shield attaches to Cap's back? Is it a backwards step from the magnets used in the previous version?
I only have Avengers Assemble Cap and want to replace him with a newer one. from a review I've watched on YouTube I just can't get over the way the shield looks on his back, looks too far away and not high enough either. Does it look as bad in person?

I don't think it's a step backwards. The magnets was taking advantage of AoU Caps magnetic gauntlets from the movie.

IMO it offers a much more sturdier connection. The AoU, if the shield was put on the back it could've been knocked off. This way, no way. And as I have it in the back of this figure, it looks natural to me.

Thanks, any chance of a good side shot pic of it attached?

Back